ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #3736
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Get well soon Kam
Bikes can be fixed or replaced, I had the same idea about bones etc, but as the years come they do tend to heal less quick

May be it's time to get a more sensible bike, at my age that's what I am going to do to calm down.....just ordered a KTM 1290 SD R



Cheers for the good wishes...... and advice, Lol! - enjoy being 'sensible' on your 180 bhp 'supermoto'

Congrats on the new bike - it's going to be a fun ride!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #3737
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,531
Eek OOoooooohhhh

I bet Sarah "gave you an earful" about paying attention.

The "sensible" KTM is what you will have to ride when you are too "experienced" to fold-up on a sportbike.
__________________
You can call me TKO
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #3738
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 657
Kam, may be i have parts of your gixxer in my garage ??




More seriously, what parts do you need?
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #3739
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
I bet Sarah "gave you an earful" about paying attention.

The "sensible" KTM is what you will have to ride when you are too "experienced" to fold-up on a sportbike.

Ha ha ...more like a telling off for frightening her again and causing worry. ...accidents and heart attack - I'm keeping her on her toes.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #3740
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
do you feel better Kam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Kam, may be i have parts of your gixxer in my garage ??



More seriously, what parts do you need?

That's a well stocked garage bubu ...... As for myself - I am healing fast thanks ...all wounds have dried up now and I even managed to get a wee 8 mile cycle this afternoon without too much pain.

Sarah on the course of 'The Great Scottish Run' which takes place tomorrow.....this was during our cycle today into Glasgow...


Kamchat screwed with this post 10-06-2013 at 02:18 AM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #3741
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Last few from last Sunday ...before it was 'Game Over'...








One minute you are riding a gixer thou ...then before you know it you are riding a trolley ...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #3742
Blumtnman
Rider
 
Blumtnman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Blue Mountains Australia
Oddometer: 274
Thumb Bounce

Geez Kam, haven't you learned that you don't bounce well these days? Also think about the rest of us, where are we going to get our weekly update of Scottish pics? Very inconsiderate of you!
















Seriously, hope you get better soon mate. Cheers
__________________
Born to ride.
Blumtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #3743
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
AKLiz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 259
Damn Kamchat! You know how to crash :) I'm glad to hear you're ok, and that your bike will likely be fixable. If it'd been me, I'd be hoping I died rather than get stuck with the bill for the helicopter flight (over here, an ambulance ride is around $1500, and that's with insurance - I can only just start to imagine the cost of a life flight) Continue healing, and do look into some sort of back protector, as others have mentioned.

Love the shots of Balquhidder!
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #3744
limeymike
Who Me?
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Dakota Territories.
Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Damn Kamchat! You know how to crash :) I'm glad to hear you're ok, and that your bike will likely be fixable. If it'd been me, I'd be hoping I died rather than get stuck with the bill for the helicopter flight (over here, an ambulance ride is around $1500, and that's with insurance - I can only just start to imagine the cost of a life flight) Continue healing, and do look into some sort of back protector, as others have mentioned.

Love the shots of Balquhidder!

Kam gets a good deal, they all know him now. "Oh bloody 'ell, we gotta go and pick Kam up from the side of the road again"

Glad you're healing well, being on a bicycle a week later is a great to see.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #3745
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Geez Kam, haven't you learned that you don't bounce well these days? Also think about the rest of us, where are we going to get our weekly update of Scottish pics? Very inconsiderate of you!
















Seriously, hope you get better soon mate. Cheers



Thanks mate .... I'm a lot better already ...... I'm still not too bad at bouncing apparently ....... Although I think I'll try to avoid bouncing on my head in future.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #3746
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Damn Kamchat! You know how to crash :) I'm glad to hear you're ok, and that your bike will likely be fixable. If it'd been me, I'd be hoping I died rather than get stuck with the bill for the helicopter flight (over here, an ambulance ride is around $1500, and that's with insurance - I can only just start to imagine the cost of a life flight) Continue healing, and do look into some sort of back protector, as others have mentioned.

Love the shots of Balquhidder!

Thanks Liz ...I keep trying new ways of crashing, - 'practice makes perfect'....

Glad you liked the Balquhidder pics, it's a nice wee place.

As for the bill for the helicopter ride, that's another great thing about riding in Scotland ...apart from the great roads and scenery you don't get billed for an ambulance ride...The Scottish Air Ambulance service is fully funded by the Scottish NHS (National Health Service). This applies to visitors to Scotland too .. Not that I'm advocating this as a great 'tourism attraction'.Lol.... but I do count my blessings that I live here. The folk who looked after me were all fantastic.

I managed to take this pic on my i-phone as I was being unloaded from the chopper at Paisley Royal Alexandria Hospital ...... Wonderful People :-



Shame I missed the doctor off the pic ...but as my head was strapped so I was looking upwards I couldn't see what I was photographing, just had to hope I was pointing the phone in the right direction.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #3747
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Kam gets a good deal, they all know him now. "Oh bloody 'ell, we gotta go and pick Kam up from the side of the road again"

Glad you're healing well, being on a bicycle a week later is a great to see.


Cheers mate ..... and it gets better...we managed to get out on Sunday too....on Sarah's 750 with her bravely agreeing to go pillion.. Although taking 'on board' pics was off the agenda.

Sunday morning - good turnout considering the 'iffy' weather .. 11 bikes.

Time to mount up..






Still damp up in Callander.....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #3748
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
I saw Marc on your pics... Say hello to him

Hope you are a bit better today

Hi bubu, I passed on your greeting to Mark......

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #3749
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,908
Dark skies and shiny Harleys up at Tyndrum yesterday...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #3750
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
AKLiz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks Liz ...I keep trying new ways of crashing, - 'practice makes perfect'....

Glad you liked the Balquhidder pics, it's a nice wee place.

As for the bill for the helicopter ride, that's another great thing about riding in Scotland ...apart from the great roads and scenery you don't get billed for an ambulance ride...The Scottish Air Ambulance service is fully funded by the Scottish NHS (National Health Service). This applies to visitors to Scotland too .. Not that I'm advocating this as a great 'tourism attraction'.Lol.... but I do count my blessings that I live here. The folk who looked after me were all fantastic.

The husband and I are toying with visiting Balmoral (we recently learned you can rent cottages on the castle grounds!) for our anniversary in 2015...it's in December so we won't be on bikes, but I'm saving up these cool little towns and historical spots from your posts.

Wow - that is incredibly awesome that NHS takes care of the ambulance and helicopter flights. Nice! This summer, I passed out (most likely due to heat) at a concert. I woke up with a paramedic in my face, and my first thought (after oh I'm *soooo* embarrased) was "I"m not getting in that ambulance - I can't pay the bill, even with my insurance!" so I sent the husband off to fetch me gatorade, sat on the sidewalk a while, and eventually we made our way home. Would've been nice to make sure I wasn't having a more serious issue, for sure, but I've had heatstroke before and was convinced enough that that was all it was to duck the probably $2,000+ bag of saline IV fluid. When I'm on sabbatical in Europe next year (might be doing a bit in Scotland), I will try to only have incidents in the UK! :)

Liz
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014