Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #3751
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Geez Kam, haven't you learned that you don't bounce well these days? Also think about the rest of us, where are we going to get our weekly update of Scottish pics? Very inconsiderate of you!

Seriously, hope you get better soon mate. Cheers

Thanks mate .... I'm a lot better already ...... I'm still not too bad at bouncing apparently ....... Although I think I'll try to avoid bouncing on my head in future.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #3752
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Damn Kamchat! You know how to crash :) I'm glad to hear you're ok, and that your bike will likely be fixable. If it'd been me, I'd be hoping I died rather than get stuck with the bill for the helicopter flight (over here, an ambulance ride is around $1500, and that's with insurance - I can only just start to imagine the cost of a life flight) Continue healing, and do look into some sort of back protector, as others have mentioned.

Love the shots of Balquhidder!

Thanks Liz ...I keep trying new ways of crashing, - 'practice makes perfect'....

Glad you liked the Balquhidder pics, it's a nice wee place.

As for the bill for the helicopter ride, that's another great thing about riding in Scotland ...apart from the great roads and scenery you don't get billed for an ambulance ride...The Scottish Air Ambulance service is fully funded by the Scottish NHS (National Health Service). This applies to visitors to Scotland too .. Not that I'm advocating this as a great 'tourism attraction'.Lol.... but I do count my blessings that I live here. The folk who looked after me were all fantastic.

I managed to take this pic on my i-phone as I was being unloaded from the chopper at Paisley Royal Alexandria Hospital ...... Wonderful People :-

Shame I missed the doctor off the pic ...but as my head was strapped so I was looking upwards I couldn't see what I was photographing, just had to hope I was pointing the phone in the right direction.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #3753
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Kam gets a good deal, they all know him now. "Oh bloody 'ell, we gotta go and pick Kam up from the side of the road again"

Glad you're healing well, being on a bicycle a week later is a great to see.

Cheers mate ..... and it gets better...we managed to get out on Sunday too....on Sarah's 750 with her bravely agreeing to go pillion.. Although taking 'on board' pics was off the agenda.

Sunday morning - good turnout considering the 'iffy' weather .. 11 bikes.

Time to mount up..

Still damp up in Callander.....

Old 10-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #3754
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
I saw Marc on your pics... Say hello to him

Hope you are a bit better today

Hi bubu, I passed on your greeting to Mark......

Old 10-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #3755
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dark skies and shiny Harleys up at Tyndrum yesterday...

Old 10-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #3756
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks Liz ...I keep trying new ways of crashing, - 'practice makes perfect'....

Glad you liked the Balquhidder pics, it's a nice wee place.

As for the bill for the helicopter ride, that's another great thing about riding in Scotland ...apart from the great roads and scenery you don't get billed for an ambulance ride...The Scottish Air Ambulance service is fully funded by the Scottish NHS (National Health Service). This applies to visitors to Scotland too .. Not that I'm advocating this as a great 'tourism attraction'.Lol.... but I do count my blessings that I live here. The folk who looked after me were all fantastic.

The husband and I are toying with visiting Balmoral (we recently learned you can rent cottages on the castle grounds!) for our anniversary in 2015...it's in December so we won't be on bikes, but I'm saving up these cool little towns and historical spots from your posts.

Wow - that is incredibly awesome that NHS takes care of the ambulance and helicopter flights. Nice! This summer, I passed out (most likely due to heat) at a concert. I woke up with a paramedic in my face, and my first thought (after oh I'm *soooo* embarrased) was "I"m not getting in that ambulance - I can't pay the bill, even with my insurance!" so I sent the husband off to fetch me gatorade, sat on the sidewalk a while, and eventually we made our way home. Would've been nice to make sure I wasn't having a more serious issue, for sure, but I've had heatstroke before and was convinced enough that that was all it was to duck the probably $2,000+ bag of saline IV fluid. When I'm on sabbatical in Europe next year (might be doing a bit in Scotland), I will try to only have incidents in the UK! :)

Liz
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #3757
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
The husband and I are toying with visiting Balmoral (we recently learned you can rent cottages on the castle grounds!) for our anniversary in 2015...it's in December so we won't be on bikes, but I'm saving up these cool little towns and historical spots from your posts.

Wow - that is incredibly awesome that NHS takes care of the ambulance and helicopter flights. Nice! This summer, I passed out (most likely due to heat) at a concert. I woke up with a paramedic in my face, and my first thought (after oh I'm *soooo* embarrased) was "I"m not getting in that ambulance - I can't pay the bill, even with my insurance!" so I sent the husband off to fetch me gatorade, sat on the sidewalk a while, and eventually we made our way home. Would've been nice to make sure I wasn't having a more serious issue, for sure, but I've had heatstroke before and was convinced enough that that was all it was to duck the probably $2,000+ bag of saline IV fluid. When I'm on sabbatical in Europe next year (might be doing a bit in Scotland), I will try to only have incidents in the UK! :)

Liz
If you want good places in Europe, i could help you, i travelled all around... (Scotland, ireland, italy, spain, france, england, deutchland, etc...)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #3758
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Hi bubu, I passed on your greeting to Mark......

Hy MarK

lol thanks Kam. I hope all your "family" is fine

Do you feel better?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #3759
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Liz

Awesome - Balmoral in December.

Thank God that one of the good things about the UK is that when it comes to your health, medical treatment and emergencies you don't need to worry about money. Good old NHS.

If you do come to Scotland next year and you want any info or help just give me a shout, likewise if you are coming near Glasgow and fancy meeting up and/or going for a ride.

Kamchat screwed with this post 10-10-2013 at 02:57 PM
Old 10-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #3760
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hy MarK

Do you feel better?

We are good thanks ..and I am well on the mend, as you can see we even managed to get out for a wee 140 mile ride on Sunday.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #3761
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Bikes up at Tyndrum on Sunday ....

Those shiny Harleys..

Classy ass.......

Not too shabby from the side either....

Old 10-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #3762
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
If you want good places in Europe, i could help you, i travelled all around... (Scotland, ireland, italy, spain, france, england, deutchland, etc...)
Thanks BuBu! And Kamchat :) I'll most likely message you both as my plans start firming up for next summer. Right now, I'm still at the 'look at the map and OMG it all looks awesome!' phase, but I need to condense things into about two months.

Liz
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #3763
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks BuBu! And Kamchat :) I'll most likely message you both as my plans start firming up for next summer. Right now, I'm still at the 'look at the map and OMG it all looks awesome!' phase, but I need to condense things into about two months.

Liz
Send me a PM Liz.

2 mounths, it is long and short in the same time, but you can show great places and keep time for you too...

But beware, some places are "especialy for tourist". You have many places (awful) like that in France, and if you don't know, you will pay a lot of money for nothing...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #3764
Guccikins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Hy MarK

Do you feel better?
Hola

Hope ya well pal, take care of ya self

Catch a soon