ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #3841
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Nice shot Kam. You doing the B&W on camera, or in post editing?
Hi Doug ..I do the B&W 'post editing'....I just think some pics lend themselves to the 'B&W' look....But if you do it post editing you have both versions and can choose...if it's on camera you've only got the one choice.....plus it would mean fiddling about changing settings whilst riding, - which I don't like doing for obvious reasons.

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #3842
fraser2312
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Is that the Thunderace you are talking about? ...or one of the early R1's ...I do really like those early R1's ...but if possible, I will prob try to get a new gixxer 1000. Will have to wait and see ..I've got all winter to think it over.
Yeah the R1's or even the XS750 or the 250 two-stroke . If you get your name down quick enough you could have one of the limited edition gixxer's.

fraser2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #3843
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser2312 View Post
Yeah the R1's or even the XS750 or the 250 two-stroke . If you get your name down quick enough you could have one of the limited edition gixxer's.

It's certainly different with it's chrome frame and blue engine casings ..... and I quite like it ...but with only 100 being made, and only 10 coming to the UK ...getting one would be quite a challenge .....plus I'd be more than happy with the standard one (which performs just the same). I'm not sure I would want to pay a lot extra for 'bling' - nice 'bling' as it is, mind .
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #3844
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
6 C temp today, and our rideout season is over with many of the group having put the bikes away for winter.

With these lower temps the problem is the roads never seem to dry out once it's rained. Today was no exception with nice sunshine but damp greasy roads once you leave the city.

We met some of the guys for breakfast and then went for a cycle, However later in the afternoon I did manage to get out for a wee spin on Sarah's 750 to charge up the battery.

Took a few pics along the way ...saw this little beauty at the lights at Anniesland...




Later outside Glasgow University....



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #3845
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
you are lucky you can ride.


The weather here is…





It is the end of the riding season, and it is time to go to the garage.

Do you have again the problem with charging system on the 750?
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #3846
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,839
Kam, what software do you use for the post editing? I fully understand you not wanting to mess with changing it on camera whilst riding. You have enough going on.

East coast US, mid Atlantic region...was about 6-10 C this weekend...colder today than yesterday.

Luckily, I got out on bike for a bit yesterday..wanted to catch the leaves changing in this area.



__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #3847
TerryK
Ulysses
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: adelaide South Australia
Oddometer: 1,618
Don't want to rub it in but

Sunday was 22C for our club ride

Today was 26c

Tomorrow will be 31c

Wed 35c got the day off for a mid week ride

Cheers Terry from sunny Australia
__________________
Triumph Scrambler Blue & White
Triumph Thruxton Red
Yamaha TT-R250

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #3848
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Bubu

'Surfs up .... grab your board' ........ Seriously though, it looks like we having better weather 500 miles north of you. Same temps but we have clear blue sky yesterday and today. 4C this morning on the way to work.

No, no problems with the 750 charging ...we just don't want to have a repeat of last year by letting the battery get completely flat. I have now taken it off the bike and it is hooked up to the Optimate charger in the flat.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #3849
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Kam, what software do you use for the post editing? I fully understand you not wanting to mess with changing it on camera whilst riding. You have enough going on.

East coast US, mid Atlantic region...was about 6-10 C this weekend...colder today than yesterday.

Luckily, I got out on bike for a bit yesterday..wanted to catch the leaves changing in this area.

Nice pics Doug , the autumn leaves at this time of year always do look spectacular, especially if you get bright sunshine on them making them look 'alight'.

To answer your question, - I just use basic 'free to download' Paint.NET for any editing.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #3850
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Don't want to rub it in but

Sunday was 22C for our club ride

Today was 26c

Tomorrow will be 31c

Wed 35c got the day off for a mid week ride

Cheers Terry from sunny Australia


Yes, yes, sunny hot days are all well and good ....... but will you be 'dreaming of a white Christmas' - I don't think so!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #3851
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Nice pics Doug , the autumn leaves at this time of year always do look spectacular, especially if you get bright sunshine on them making them look 'alight'.

To answer your question, - I just use basic 'free to download' Paint.NET for any editing.
Thanks. Very good.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #3852
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Bubu

'Surfs up .... grab your board' ........ Seriously though, it looks like we having better weather 500 miles north of you. Same temps but we have clear blue sky yesterday and today. 4C this morning on the way to work.

No, no problems with the 750 charging ...we just don't want to have a repeat of last year by letting the battery get completely flat. I have now taken it off the bike and it is hooked up to the Optimate charger in the flat.
Never charge your battery on your bike. First problem with the H2 and next on my tiller i destroyed the CDI with the optimate charging system on bike.
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #3853
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Never charge your battery on your bike. First problem with the H2 and next on my tiller i destroyed the CDI with the optimate charging system on bike.
Really? What system are using Bubu? Many people in the states, including myself, use "Battery Tender" ( http://batterytender.com/ ) brand chargers. Since the birth of my son last year, I knew I was not going to be riding the bikes as much, and certainly not through the winter, like years past. I have three total, two charging the bikes( one each) and one charging the truck...which is used very infrequently. So far, no issues.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #3854
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Really? What system are using Bubu? Many people in the states, including myself, use "Battery Tender" ( http://batterytender.com/ ) brand chargers. Since the birth of my son last year, I knew I was not going to be riding the bikes as much, and certainly not through the winter, like years past. I have three total, two charging the bikes( one each) and one charging the truck...which is used very infrequently. So far, no issues.
In fact, with after long time, those systems can cut off some grounds inside the CDI. Some bikes are more affected by that. On the TL1000R and TL1000S it could be a really problem. Regulators on the honda don't like too...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #3855
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Never charge your battery on your bike. First problem with the H2 and next on my tiller i destroyed the CDI with the optimate charging system on bike.

I was not aware of this ..I have used an Optimate charger on several bikes in the past to regularly charge up batteries whilst they were still in the bike without problems...but as you say, maybe some bikes are more prone to problems. Also I have never left the charger connected for long extended periods such as days and weeks. Anyway, it won't be a problem as the battery is out of the bike this time.

Cheers for the 'heads up'.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014