Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Don't want to rub it in but

Sunday was 22C for our club ride

Today was 26c

Tomorrow will be 31c

Wed 35c got the day off for a mid week ride

Cheers Terry from sunny Australia

Yes, yes, sunny hot days are all well and good ....... but will you be 'dreaming of a white Christmas' - I don't think so!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #3857
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Nice pics Doug , the autumn leaves at this time of year always do look spectacular, especially if you get bright sunshine on them making them look 'alight'.

To answer your question, - I just use basic 'free to download' Paint.NET for any editing.
Thanks. Very good.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #3858
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Bubu

'Surfs up .... grab your board' ........ Seriously though, it looks like we having better weather 500 miles north of you. Same temps but we have clear blue sky yesterday and today. 4C this morning on the way to work.

No, no problems with the 750 charging ...we just don't want to have a repeat of last year by letting the battery get completely flat. I have now taken it off the bike and it is hooked up to the Optimate charger in the flat.
Never charge your battery on your bike. First problem with the H2 and next on my tiller i destroyed the CDI with the optimate charging system on bike.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #3859
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Never charge your battery on your bike. First problem with the H2 and next on my tiller i destroyed the CDI with the optimate charging system on bike.
Really? What system are using Bubu? Many people in the states, including myself, use "Battery Tender" ( http://batterytender.com/ ) brand chargers. Since the birth of my son last year, I knew I was not going to be riding the bikes as much, and certainly not through the winter, like years past. I have three total, two charging the bikes( one each) and one charging the truck...which is used very infrequently. So far, no issues.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #3860
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Really? What system are using Bubu? Many people in the states, including myself, use "Battery Tender" ( http://batterytender.com/ ) brand chargers. Since the birth of my son last year, I knew I was not going to be riding the bikes as much, and certainly not through the winter, like years past. I have three total, two charging the bikes( one each) and one charging the truck...which is used very infrequently. So far, no issues.
In fact, with after long time, those systems can cut off some grounds inside the CDI. Some bikes are more affected by that. On the TL1000R and TL1000S it could be a really problem. Regulators on the honda don't like too...
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #3861
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:

I was not aware of this ..I have used an Optimate charger on several bikes in the past to regularly charge up batteries whilst they were still in the bike without problems...but as you say, maybe some bikes are more prone to problems. Also I have never left the charger connected for long extended periods such as days and weeks. Anyway, it won't be a problem as the battery is out of the bike this time.

Cheers for the 'heads up'.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #3862
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

From yesterday :

One way to avoid unwanted 'door-knockers' bothering you .....

Old 11-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #3863
DougZ73
Fading off.........

I wonder is if it is any different with a "trickle" charging system? That is what the " Battery Tender" brand actually are. Once the battery is fully charged, they are "float" chargers. I just checked their website, and there is nothing that says the battery has to be out of vehicle. In fact, they supply plugs you wire onto battery( on motorcycle), so you can easily connect and disconnect at ease.

I suspect the warning Bubu is referring to is, not using a full standard battery charger, while connect to motorcycle?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #3864
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
I wonder is if it is any different with a "trickle" charging system? That is what the " Battery Tender" brand actually are. Once the battery is fully charged, they are "float" chargers. I just checked their website, and there is nothing that says the battery has to be out of vehicle. In fact, they supply plugs you wire onto battery( on motorcycle), so you can easily connect and disconnect at ease.

I suspect the warning Bubu is referring to is, not using a full standard battery charger, while connect to motorcycle?

Doug - No, the Optimate is a trickle charger, and works exactly the way you described in your post...it too comes with connectors that you fix to the battery whilst it is on the bike so you can just plug it in when you get home from a ride ...once the battery is fully charged the charger automatically switches to 'maintain' mode.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #3865
bubu
Studly Adventurer

I always use an Optimate 3 or 4, and i had problem on my VFR (regulator like many hondas) and with the TL1000R.

It is not really a good way for electronic devices.

And you have the problem with the H2, so take care with the battery!

bubu screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 02:18 PM
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #3866
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
From yesterday :

One way to avoid unwanted 'door-knockers' bothering you .....

SSSOOOO FUN

the architect was a bit "drunk"
Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #3867
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
SSSOOOO FUN

the architect was a bit "drunk"

It looks that way! LOl! Actually the building houses 'The Rennie Mackintosh house' .... inside all the rooms are reconstructions of the interiors of Mackintosh's own home with all his own designed furniture and artifacts.

Few more of the pics from past ride-outs - 'happy days' ...

Callander...

Sarah on the 1000 for a change...

The ferry across the Kyles of Bute...

Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #3868
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
It's good to see that there are riders out there that can keep a Suzi1000 the rightside up! and it's a woman!!

Kam, I think we will give you a break from the ribbing around Christmas.

h

limeymike screwed with this post 11-08-2013 at 07:23 AM
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #3869
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Kam winter is here, time to work

Casimir in first!

Program :

-completely check of the bike
-New rear shock
-Preparing forcks
-New front brakes
-

But this bike is horrible to work. It is the hardest bike to do the mechanic i ever did!!!

And you? same on the Sarah's gixxer?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #3870
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
It's good to see that there are riders out there that can keep a Suzi1000 the rightside up! and it's a woman!!

Kam, I think we will give you a break from the ribbing around Christmas.

Lol! - Well, at least someone in our household can! ..... perhaps I should ban myself to the pillion, ha ha.

'Christmas' you say?...so I'm getting off lightly then!