ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #3871
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
bubu

I saw this in Saltire Suzuki on Saturday and thought of you...just one year younger than yours.....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #3872
fraser2312
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Oddometer: 141
I quite like going through to Saltire, I've always liked how they have the older Suzuki's dotted around the shop. Its good to see they've got a Yamaha and RE dealership now, they must be doing well. I'll need to pop along one weekend for a look.
fraser2312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #3873
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser2312 View Post
I quite like going through to Saltire, I've always liked how they have the older Suzuki's dotted around the shop. Its good to see they've got a Yamaha and RE dealership now, they must be doing well. I'll need to pop along one weekend for a look.

'older Suzuki's dotted around' - Like this 36 yr old GT250 :-



Aye, it's always worth popping in to Saltire - it's a huge showroom with plenty of bikes to drool over.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #3874
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
bubu

I saw this in Saltire Suzuki on Saturday and thought of you...just one year younger than yours.....

Very nice, thanks Kam

This is the last model of 750 oil cooled engine.

But the 91 have many problems and it is less powerful than the 89-90
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #3875
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Very nice, thanks Kam

This is the last model of 750 oil cooled engine.

But the 91 have many problems and it is less powerful than the 89-90

Hi bubu, I thought it had slightly more power (116bhp instead of 115bhp), but the problem was it weighed a whopping 15 Kgs more.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #3876
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Hi bubu, I thought it had slightly more power (116bhp instead of 115bhp), but the problem was it weighed a whopping 15 Kgs more.
big problems with the system which controls the admission and exhaust valves.

And in reality the engine is less powerful for many reason, and the first one is the exhaust line a bit different than the 89.
116 bhp on the paper and 100 at the rear wheel when all is ok. Mine has 129 bhp

If you want a perfect one, you must take the 89-90 engine, the ignition system of the 86, the exhaust ligne of the 88. And after you can start to work inside the engine
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #3877
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
If you want a perfect one, you must take the 89-90 engine, the ignition system of the 86, the exhaust ligne of the 88. And after you can start to work inside the engine




....Or you could just buy a 'K6' ....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #3878
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Edinburgh on Sat ..... if you fancy mooring your barge outside your flat ..these could be perfect..



Autumn colours on the Union Canal..



By way of a contrast ..but equally colourful - The new Glasgow Hydro concert venue..... We cycled past it on Sunday evening ...it was glowing red/pink ....... sometimes it is blue/green....... It is going to host some of the events at next year's Commonwealth Games and also next years MTV Awards amongst other events.



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #3879
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
....Or you could just buy a 'K6' ....
it is not the same "taste"
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #3880
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
I love this one, the pink in the building and on Sarah, the curve of your bike in link with the curve of the building… etc…


Great shoot!!
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #3881
MadtownMaxx
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: around 43.07°N, 89.4°W often enough
Oddometer: 115
Whilst out at a movie release party....

Whilst out at a movie release party for "The Bonneville Project" by Second Society I looked up and.....

image

... couldn't help but think of you and yours Kam.

Fully mended I'm hoping?
__________________
Madtownmaxx
'02 ST4s (r.i.p.)
'09 K13S
IBA #47605
MadtownMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #3882
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadtownMaxx View Post
Whilst out at a movie release party for "The Bonneville Project" by Second Society I looked up and.....

image

... couldn't help but think of you and yours Kam.

Fully mended I'm hoping?
Is it an australian Gixxer??
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #3883
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
I love this one, the pink in the building and on Sarah, the curve of your bike in link with the curve of the building… etc…


Great shoot!!

Thanks bubu ...I'm glad you like it ...I think you have noticed more in that pic than I did.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #3884
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks bubu ...I'm glad you like it ...I think you have noticed more in that pic than I did.
I watched many things on this picture more then i wrote…

The contrast between the pink and the blue, the line with the black, etc…

You see special thing with your handle bar of your bike and all the buildings...

__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #3885
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Whilst out at a movie release party for "The Bonneville Project" by Second Society I looked up and.....

... couldn't help but think of you and yours Kam.

Fully mended I'm hoping?

MadtownMaxx..... Lol! Thanks for 'thinking of me' and, yep, I'm pretty much fully mended... a couple of new wee scars to add to my collection, but that is all ..... I kind of like the fact that each of my last three bikes have left their 'marks' on me.

..and yes, I'm going to have to really try hard to keep the next one the right way up !
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014