ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #4066
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer
 
sprocketjock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 823
Love the Spies helmet. I enjoy going through this thread, its my methadone for the winter. I have a K7 600 that I haven't been on since September. The hardest part is over though, hopefully in a month i'll be summerizing it.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #4067
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Great choice Kam.



Like i said take care with the screen. It is a bit fragile and you can scratch it easily

I have 2 same helmets (one for road and one for race).

And try to find a good dealer to setup perfectly your helmet.


Thanks bubu, the fact you were so happy with yours helped me decide to go for it. I liked the look, weight, fit and feel of the helmet ...but in the shop you can't tell what it will feel like at speed or how noisy it will be, so it was good to get your feedback. Cheers
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #4068
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
Love the Spies helmet. I enjoy going through this thread, its my methadone for the winter. I have a K7 600 that I haven't been on since September. The hardest part is over though, hopefully in a month i'll be summerizing it.

Cheers, I can't wait to try the new helmet out on the road..... and yes, I reckon that we also have only about 4 weeks left before our rideouts start ...can't wait...good to hear you are a fellow 'gixxer pilot' too.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #4069
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
..another weekend of rain! ...I hope this is going to stop when spring is due in a month!

We did manage to get out between the worst showers this afternoon for a 20 mile cycle..... passed the site of the Renfrew Ferry where the old engines from the paddle tug 'Clyde' are located ..The tug worked the river from 1861 to 1912 and the engines are all that's left of her.







Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #4070
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
The Renfrew Ferry that takes folk across the Clyde is quite a 'dinky' wee ferry ...with Suzuki outboard engines. ..... Not what you expect when you think of 'ferries'.....



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #4071
FrogAndTrumpet
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Don't ask me, I'm lost too!
Oddometer: 82
Must be a bit of a tight squeeze during the rush hour!
__________________
Fork 'andles
FrogAndTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #4072
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,839
Tis the season or new helmets...although mine is for dirt. I won't mention how many street helmets I have, but if I bought another, the wife might leave me.



Don't mind the junk food on our kitchen island. I had to take a picture there, since since some of my buds thought it was pink instead of orange in the pic below from a different room....before.



Looking forward to more great shots in your thread here, and when we get rid of all this snow, getting out with the A720 myself this season.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14

DougZ73 screwed with this post 02-08-2014 at 05:14 PM
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:46 AM   #4073
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks bubu, the fact you were so happy with yours helped me decide to go for it. I liked the look, weight, fit and feel of the helmet ...but in the shop you can't tell what it will feel like at speed or how noisy it will be, so it was good to get your feedback. Cheers
My both R PHA, the black for the road and the withe for the race.



My helmet collection lol




And my old race helmet with a special paint. Design by me and painted by a friend. I can't race with it now cause it is too old








If you have too noise in your HJC, put the special part under the chin...
__________________
Live To RIDE

bubu screwed with this post 02-09-2014 at 02:57 AM
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 AM   #4074
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,839
In preparation for my first son coming, I lost most of my man cave office....where I had all my helmets On a shelf around the upper part of the room. The room was converted to his nursery, but my desk was still in there...and we called it the officersury. LOL





Had to relocate most of them to my "junk" room, where I keep all my tools, spare bike parts, etc..since I have no garage.

__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #4075
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogAndTrumpet View Post
Must be a bit of a tight squeeze during the rush hour!

Ha ha ..yes, no doubt...although I have never seen what it's like during the rush hour. I imagine the ferry was a lot bigger and busier in times gone by - before the building of the Clyde Tunnel (just 2 miles east) and later the Erskine Bridge to the west.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #4076
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Tis the season or new helmets...although mine is for dirt. I won't mention how many street helmets I have, but if I bought another, the wife might leave me.



Don't mind the junk food on our kitchen island. I had to take a picture there, since since some of my buds thought it was pink instead of orange in the pic below from a different room....before.



Looking forward to more great shots in your thread here, and when we get rid of all this snow, getting out with the A720 myself this season.


Nice lid, and yes, I prefer the orange to the pink version.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #4077
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
My both R PHA, the black for the road and the withe for the

My helmet collection lol


And my old race helmet with a special paint. Design by me and painted by a friend. I can't race with it now cause it is too old


If you have too noise in your HJC, put the special part under the chin...

Good collection there bubu - Thank God you were wearing your check boxers when you took that pic!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #4078
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
In preparation for my first son coming, I lost most of my man cave office....where I had all my helmets On a shelf around the upper part of the room. The room was converted to his nursery, but my desk was still in there...and we called it the officersury. LOL

Had to relocate most of them to my "junk" room, where I keep all my tools, spare bike parts, etc..since I have no garage.


Wow! You guys sure have a lot of helmets!

Sarah and I have only three between us ! (ok, - and a couple of bicycle ones).
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:15 AM   #4079
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Good collection there bubu - Thank God you were wearing your check boxers when you took that pic!
I knew it!!!

I love the crazy situations
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #4080
chammyman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Oddometer: 419
the tug engines have been painted since saw them last year which is nice.

The small ferry was 3 quid when I went on it with my pushbike last. if you go over to Yoker the cycle path is there that goes to Glasgow to the east or loch lomond to the west, but you probably know that.

About 4/5 years ago the ferry that was there was a lot bigger. It was cancelled and now this small water bus thing is there instead.
__________________
1984 Honda CBX 750 FE
1985 Honda VF 750 F
1987 Honda CBR 1000 F
1988 Honda CB 350 SG
chammyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014