Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #4066
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuj View Post
Yes that's one of my drivers Kurt, who is a biker, or should I say bad ass triker!

Regards to Kurt.........It's nice to know our paths crossed, if only briefly, five and a half years ago.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #4067
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran69 View Post
So it begins..... Red nose days are coming.....the days of man are passing

Sent from voices in my head

Ha ha, I hope the 'days of man' are not passing! ..... I'm still doing my best to avoid the clutches of the 'grim reaper'...... and winning...just.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #4068
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
I love the red intake. Looks like she put her lipstick on.

..and ready to go out and 'kick up hell' ?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #4069
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogAndTrumpet View Post
There are some fantastic photos on this thread, Kamchat! I haven't been to Scotland since I was a "wee bairn" and I'm seriously thinking about taking one of the Trumpets up there this summer (probably the SpeedTona, but I won't rule out the Thruxton as long as I think my back can take it!). My late stepfather was born in Oban, by the way, so I guess I could consider myself an "honorary Scot".

Thanks, glad you like the pics. ...and yes, you must come and visit Oban ....feel free to join us for a ride if you come over, as you know by now, Oban is one of our favourite places to ride to.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #4070
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Not much to report at present....winter weather and lots of rain means we haven't even managed to get out for a cycle this weekend.

However, I did manage to replace my helmet (which was smashed in the accident) and picked this up in the sales (70 off the list price). I like the fact the colours kind of match the new gixxer and it feels really light compared to my old Arai.

... now I just need new leathers and boots!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 AM   #4071
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 590
Great choice Kam.

Like i said take care with the screen. It is a bit fragile and you can scratch it easily

I have 2 same helmets (one for road and one for race).

And try to find a good dealer to setup perfectly your helmet.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #4072
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 752
Love the Spies helmet. I enjoy going through this thread, its my methadone for the winter. I have a K7 600 that I haven't been on since September. The hardest part is over though, hopefully in a month i'll be summerizing it.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #4073
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Great choice Kam.

Like i said take care with the screen. It is a bit fragile and you can scratch it easily

I have 2 same helmets (one for road and one for race).

And try to find a good dealer to setup perfectly your helmet.

Thanks bubu, the fact you were so happy with yours helped me decide to go for it. I liked the look, weight, fit and feel of the helmet ...but in the shop you can't tell what it will feel like at speed or how noisy it will be, so it was good to get your feedback. Cheers
Old 02-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #4074
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
Love the Spies helmet. I enjoy going through this thread, its my methadone for the winter. I have a K7 600 that I haven't been on since September. The hardest part is over though, hopefully in a month i'll be summerizing it.

Cheers, I can't wait to try the new helmet out on the road..... and yes, I reckon that we also have only about 4 weeks left before our rideouts start ...can't wait...good to hear you are a fellow 'gixxer pilot' too.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #4075
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

..another weekend of rain! ...I hope this is going to stop when spring is due in a month!

We did manage to get out between the worst showers this afternoon for a 20 mile cycle..... passed the site of the Renfrew Ferry where the old engines from the paddle tug 'Clyde' are located ..The tug worked the river from 1861 to 1912 and the engines are all that's left of her.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #4076
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

The Renfrew Ferry that takes folk across the Clyde is quite a 'dinky' wee ferry ...with Suzuki outboard engines. ..... Not what you expect when you think of 'ferries'.....

Old 02-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #4077
FrogAndTrumpet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Must be a bit of a tight squeeze during the rush hour!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #4078
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,661
Tis the season or new helmets...although mine is for dirt. I won't mention how many street helmets I have, but if I bought another, the wife might leave me.

Don't mind the junk food on our kitchen island. I had to take a picture there, since since some of my buds thought it was pink instead of orange in the pic below from a different room....before.

Looking forward to more great shots in your thread here, and when we get rid of all this snow, getting out with the A720 myself this season.

DougZ73 screwed with this post 02-08-2014 at 04:14 PM
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:46 AM   #4079
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks bubu, the fact you were so happy with yours helped me decide to go for it. I liked the look, weight, fit and feel of the helmet ...but in the shop you can't tell what it will feel like at speed or how noisy it will be, so it was good to get your feedback. Cheers
My both R PHA, the black for the road and the withe for the race.

My helmet collection lol

And my old race helmet with a special paint. Design by me and painted by a friend. I can't race with it now cause it is too old

If you have too noise in your HJC, put the special part under the chin...

bubu screwed with this post 02-09-2014 at 01:57 AM
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:34 AM   #4080
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,661
In preparation for my first son coming, I lost most of my man cave office....where I had all my helmets On a shelf around the upper part of the room. The room was converted to his nursery, but my desk was still in there...and we called it the officersury. LOL

Had to relocate most of them to my "junk" room, where I keep all my tools, spare bike parts, etc..since I have no garage.

DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote