Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #796
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,603
To try and combat the pain in her leg from vibration Sarah got some new boots today (the old ones' soles had worn very thin and were transmitting a lot of vibes through the pegs ). 'Went for a spin this afternoon to test them out and her leg felt a lot better in them.

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #797
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Back into Glasgow ..... working on the 'rear facing' shots ..I find them much harder to get right as it's a lot more guesswork as to where the camera is pointing.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #798
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well despite the rain we managed to get out again today ..with 13 bikes ..which is a pretty good turnout considering it was 'Mother's Day' (so many of our regulars were 'on family duties') ..and despite a less than perfect forecast with lots of showers in the offing.

One of the nice things about today was we met someone new through this forum who came along for the run . Nice to see you today 'Chunkykev' and your 'Mrs' - I hope you had a good time despite the showers..and hope to see you both out with us again in the near future ..hopefully next time we will get a sunny warm day.

Our 'new ADV recruits' Kev and Lisa ....

Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #799
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Did I mention it was wet at times

Andy in Strathyre ...

Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #800
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Luckily ..... there was some dry sections of road too ....

Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #801
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 519
Marvellous thread and I've enjoyed reading the whole thing today. I spent time in many of the locations photographed, including one Hogmanay in the middle of nowhere with some mad oil rig workers, and another in Dunoon with the drugs counsellor from the Polaris base on the other side of the Holy Loch (had the best stash ever, he did).

Did a lot of boating out of Troon marina and managed to survive a trip down the Firth of Clyde in Force 11 gales, utterly terrifying. Got caught up Loch Goil by catabatic winds and had to make a run to Largs marina.

Went to that area twice on the overnight sleeper train from London - an amazing experience.

Castle Eilean Donan - when I visited there I was intrigued by a huge boulder with a plaque attached saying "On such-and-such a date, Jimmy McGregor picked up this rock and hurled it at Bruce McGonal" (names changed due to defective memory.)

My wife is descended from Scots and I always give her a hard time about being one of them boulder throwers.

Do you ever go to the castle? A couple of years ago I emailed them and they confirmed the presence of the massive boulder but had no photos. Pity, one of the most hard case things I ever saw.
Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:13 AM   #802
chammyman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
I have met Chunkykev and his mrs. last year met with them at Ballochs maccie d's then done the run up to the Welly.
1988 Honda CB 350 SG
chammyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #803
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendernz View Post
Marvellous thread and I've enjoyed reading the whole thing today. I spent time in many of the locations photographed, including one Hogmanay in the middle of nowhere with some mad oil rig workers, and another in Dunoon with the drugs counsellor from the Polaris base on the other side of the Holy Loch (had the best stash ever, he did).

Did a lot of boating out of Troon marina and managed to survive a trip down the Firth of Clyde in Force 11 gales, utterly terrifying. Got caught up Loch Goil by catabatic winds and had to make a run to Largs marina.

Went to that area twice on the overnight sleeper train from London - an amazing experience.

Castle Eilean Donan - when I visited there I was intrigued by a huge boulder with a plaque attached saying "On such-and-such a date, Jimmy McGregor picked up this rock and hurled it at Bruce McGonal" (names changed due to defective memory.)

My wife is descended from Scots and I always give her a hard time about being one of them boulder throwers.

Do you ever go to the castle? A couple of years ago I emailed them and they confirmed the presence of the massive boulder but had no photos. Pity, one of the most hard case things I ever saw.

Hi ... thanks for the from the far side of the globe ..glad you like the thread ... sounds like you have had some interesting times in Scotland! Lol!

Yes, we go to Eilean Donan castle (there are several pics of it from our rides near the start of the thread ..but, as it makes for a 400 mile day, we don't go that often...our typical Sunday run would be around 200 - 250 miles) ... but next time we are there I will get you a pic of your boulder and post it on here.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #804
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chammyman View Post
I have met Chunkykev and his mrs. last year met with them at Ballochs maccie d's then done the run up to the Welly.

It's a small world! ....

My mom warned me about 'meeting folk off t'internet' - but what a genuinely lovely couple they turned out to be.

Crossing the Earn in Crieff ...

Through the woods (A84)....

Kamchat screwed with this post 04-04-2011 at 07:17 AM
Old 04-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #805
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Watching the price of petrol rising!

Watching the rain roll in.....

In St Fillans on the A85...

Old 04-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #806
fraser2312
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Laugh

I went a wee donder thru Crieff myself yesterday. Saw a lot of bikes at some cafe abouts 13.30. Was that your group?
fraser2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #807
Stewart5533
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote.......

A pound.33 a Litre, and we complain about a buck.17
Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #808
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser2312 View Post
I went a wee donder thru Crieff myself yesterday. Saw a lot of bikes at some cafe abouts 13.30. Was that your group?

Yep, sounds like us ..this is us arriving and the time on the photo info says 13.26.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #809
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart5533 View Post
Quote.......

A pound.33 a Litre, and we complain about a buck.17

You guys are lucky ! ..... we are paying $2.17 at current exchange rates.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #810
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,957