Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #1306
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuberBob View Post
Hey Kamchat, this is my buddy Nige.. He's from England, perhaps you know him?

Ok People..I'm KIDDING! Just showing off a picture....

Oh,... that Nige! - from England ..... we go way back. .... went to school together at England's primary school.

Nice pic again ..I see you are getting used to riding at the front and shooting backwards.

Coincidentally we were down in England last weekend ....stopped for a meal and had afternoon tea in a small village, Finchingfield...... seems a popular spot for bikers ...... which is not a surprise as the road to it from Braintree, the B1053, is a lovely twisty wee road. ...

Afternoon tea ....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #1307
Neil Claydon
Don't follow me, I'm lost

Oddometer: 229
Great thread and brilliant pics, loving it
Had to chime in as it seems you have been visiting my local roads.

Neil.

PS: Keep it up please.
Neil Claydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #1308
CuberBob
Starter

Oddometer: 81

Well, no wonder there is trouble there! Motorcycles straight down the center of the stret, and cars going BOTH ways! It's a miracle you are still alive!

Oh, and for some reason, I was back in the pack the 1st day, and leading the pack the second. I wonder why??

2006 Concours

RIP -80 KZ750, 09 Ninja EX500
CuberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #1309
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Hey folks, I finally decided to show you some of the shots my pillion did during our last tour with the Fazer (and the first with the new wee cam).
We did a nice little ride here in Valais, up to the mountains and along Lake Geneva. Some of the pics are really cool, at least if you imagine other bikers in front of me...
It was planned as a test run. I know that the shots only get really good with other bikes in motion. Unfortunately, as I said, it turned out to be the last run.
So here we go.

Heading towards Aigle

Passing by near Villeneuve, close to the Lake

That's how it works

Overtaking slow frenchies.....

"Maison Blanche" in Yvorne, famous vineyards

Going up, the roads get smaller

Then, up on the plateau it gets really nice

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #1310
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
And now the sad part.
That's what my baby looks like now.
Not much left of her..

The car I hit looks similar. I can only repeat that it is a wonder that I'm still sitting here with just a bruised leg. Badly bruised though. I guess wearing all these leathers and protectors is good for something in the end.

Second part of the bad news is, that the pillion who took the pics is gone, too. After almost 10 years. My fault, though. Well, I guess this is not my month.

But hey Kamchat - I think the chances are good for me to visit Scotlant, specifically Glasgow, in the not too far future.
Don't try to guess why.....

My financial situation will most probably not allow me to get another ride before next summer or so. It will be a very, very tough time. Don't know what to do without bike.
Tough times a ahead, for several reasons....

Ride safe, guys and gals!

Slainte!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #1311
DanVFR
Continent Crusher

Oddometer: 156
I'm off from monday an fancy a blast up north for a few days, you got any rides planned over the next week kam?
DanVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #1312
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Just catching up with the last couple of weeks or so, yet more great piccies on this excellent thread!.
Seeing photo's of all black pearls beaten up fazer is filling me with sadness tho, i've got the same model sitting in my garage with a fair few injuries also, some dozy car driver decided to plough into the back of me while i was stationary at a roundabout, i got off battered and bruised but the bike wasn't that lucky, was planning my last highland fling of the year as well in a couple of weeks, cannot see insurance getting bike sorted in that short space of time but heres hoping! gunna try and tap them up for a courtesy bike, gixxer maybe!! ha ha!!.

Keep up the great work mate, always well appreciated in this neck of the woods.

Keith, Hull.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #1313
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Claydon View Post
Great thread and brilliant pics, loving it
Had to chime in as it seems you have been visiting my local roads.

Neil.

PS: Keep it up please.

Thanks for 'chiming in' ...... judging by our brief visit it is a beautiful part of the world.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #1314
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuberBob View Post

Well, no wonder there is trouble there! Motorcycles straight down the center of the stret, and cars going BOTH ways! It's a miracle you are still alive!

Oh, and for some reason, I was back in the pack the 1st day, and leading the pack the second. I wonder why??

You must just be a 'natural born leader' ....
Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #1315
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=AllBlackPearl;16870696]Hey folks, I finally decided to show you some of the shots my pillion did during our last tour with the Fazer (and the first with the new wee cam).
We did a nice little ride here in Valais, up to the mountains and along Lake Geneva. Some of the pics are really cool, at least if you imagine other bikers in front of me...
It was planned as a test run. I know that the shots only get really good with other bikes in motion. Unfortunately, as I said, it turned out to be the last run.
So here we go.

Those are great pics ...... Sorry to hear that things have been 'challenging' of late .....it must be a major downer to lose your bike and partner all at the same time ...... just glad you survived the crash ok , - hard as it is - new bikes and partners will come in time ..... but you don't get new lives . They say 'the darkest hour is before dawn' .....things can only get better from now on.

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-19-2011 at 07:51 AM
Old 09-19-2011, 04:34 AM   #1316
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVFR View Post
I'm off from monday an fancy a blast up north for a few days, you got any rides planned over the next week kam?

Hi Dan ..... Yes, if the weather is decent we will be out again next Sunday ....if it is wet on Sunday but dry on the Monday we will probably go out on Monday instead (Glasgow holiday this Monday).

Obviously I won't know for sure till we see the forecast closer to te weekend. But all being well, we will be meeting at Wetherspoons, Anniesland in Glasgow (9.30) on Sunday (or Monday). Feel free to join us. .... or if you are further north we could meet at The Welly maybe?

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-19-2011 at 07:51 AM
Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #1317
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Just catching up with the last couple of weeks or so, yet more great piccies on this excellent thread!.
Seeing photo's of all black pearls beaten up fazer is filling me with sadness tho, i've got the same model sitting in my garage with a fair few injuries also, some dozy car driver decided to plough into the back of me while i was stationary at a roundabout, i got off battered and bruised but the bike wasn't that lucky, was planning my last highland fling of the year as well in a couple of weeks, cannot see insurance getting bike sorted in that short space of time but heres hoping! gunna try and tap them up for a courtesy bike, gixxer maybe!! ha ha!!.

Keep up the great work mate, always well appreciated in this neck of the woods.

Keith, Hull.

Jeez! What a year for crashes! .... sorry to read this! ....... Glad to hear you are in one piece though..... hope the insurance pays out quick ..and you get a decent pay out for your injuries too. .... maybe see you north of the border before winter arrives - on a new bike? ....... or that 'courtesy gixxer' .... Good luck!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 AM   #1318
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Four of us managed to get out for a run yesterday ........ just a wee 160 mile jaunt to Inveraray, Tyndrum and back down via Strathyre ...... making the most of a dry Sunday.

Loch Lomond yesterday - this is just off the A82 near Tarbet, looking south down the loch ....

Old 09-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #1319
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Round past Arrochar and along the side of Loch Long...

Climbing up the A83 to the Rest and be Thankful ....

Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #1320
Izzbust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Hi Kamchat.

Wow you rode down to Finchingfield in Essex......just down the road from me in Suffolk!!!

Thats one hell of a ride out. Hope you enjoyed East Anglia and you will come again.
Izzbust is offline   Reply With Quote