Oddometer: 634
you have beautifull roads and beautifull cars
Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #1338
Izzbust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
No,no .... sorry, we didnt ride down! ..we were just down overnight for a relative's birthday party and so flew down. We have done long rideouts in the past and have ridden to Barcelona several times to watch MotoGP's as well as rides down to the south of France. ..But yes, I loved Finchingfield and hope to be back to explore round some more.

Next time you are down let me know and would love to meet you for a pub lunch or similar.

I am a very newbie "back to motorcycling" after many many years break.......couldnt keep up with you guys but a meet up would be good.
Izzbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:34 AM   #1339
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzbust View Post
Next time you are down let me know and would love to meet you for a pub lunch or similar.

I am a very newbie "back to motorcycling" after many many years break.......couldnt keep up with you guys but a meet up would be good.

It's a deal..... although I don't know when that will be, (we were down for Sarah's cousin's 40th birthday - it had been 20 yrs since she last saw him! - but yes, I would like to see more of your area).

Well done on rediscovering 'the passion' - I was in the same position as you about 12 years ago, having had a long break from biking whilst raising a family. My 15 year break ended when I hired a Honda Blackbird to ride to the south of France with mates to celebrate my 40th (probably not the most sensible way to re-enter the biking world -wobbling out into London rush hour on a Blackbird and heading for the Med. ...but damn!, it was good, and I was hooked again .... came home and bought a Hayabusa (which had just come out) . The Blackbird was stolen in the South of France (but that's another story).

Hope to meet up one day for that 'pub lunch'.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #1340
Tango2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Cheers ..... sorry, I don't know any B&B's near Oban - it has been too near for us to have stayed overnight (we have always done it as a 'day trip' )... the last B&B we stayed in was up in Morar near Mallaig, it was very good ...but not really in the 'Oban area'.
Hi Kamchat, yep it's close to home for me so I've never stayed up there. I'm sure we'll find somewhere, can't wait and the weather for Tue,Wed,Thurs actually looks pretty good.
Tango2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #1341
Izzbust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Eek

Quote:
It's a deal..... although I don't know when that will be, (we were down for Sarah's cousin's 40th birthday - it had been 20 yrs since she last saw him! - but yes, I would like to see more of your area).

Well done on rediscovering 'the passion' - I was in the same position as you about 12 years ago, having had a long break from biking whilst raising a family. My 15 year break ended when I hired a Honda Blackbird to ride to the south of France with mates to celebrate my 40th (probably not the most sensible way to re-enter the biking world -wobbling out into London rush hour on a Blackbird and heading for the Med. ...but damn!, it was good, and I was hooked again .... came home and bought a Hayabusa (which had just come out) . The Blackbird was stolen in the South of France (but that's another story).

Hope to meet up one day for that 'pub lunch'.
Mine was a 40 year lay off from 16 years of age to 56 and having passed my test in May I went and bought a Triumph Tiger 800. Love it to bits and go out whenever I can.

I just keep on riding and learning......its the best thing I have ever done.

Off to the North Norfolk coast this weekend ...staying in a hotel with my wife and going to take a boat trip to photograph some seals hopefully.
Izzbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #1342
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
you have beautifull roads and beautifull cars

Most of the cars are not so beautiful...... I only photograph the good one's.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #1343
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
Hi Kamchat, yep it's close to home for me so I've never stayed up there. I'm sure we'll find somewhere, can't wait and the weather for Tue,Wed,Thurs actually looks pretty good.
I know! Forecast is showing 22 degrees for Wed! - That's probably the warmest day all summer....I hope they are right. (even though I will be stuck at work).
Old 09-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #1344
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzbust View Post
Mine was a 40 year lay off from 16 years of age to 56 and having passed my test in May I went and bought a Triumph Tiger 800. Love it to bits and go out whenever I can.

I just keep on riding and learning......its the best thing I have ever done.

Off to the North Norfolk coast this weekend ...staying in a hotel with my wife and going to take a boat trip to photograph some seals hopefully.

Wow! - 40 years is quite a break! - You must notice quite a difference in the modern bikes ..... I couldnt believe how much better the tires and brakes were.

Have a great weekend in Norfolk - Sarah is a Norfolk lass .... she reckons you are probably heading to Burnham Overy?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #1345
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Originally Posted by DanVFR
I'm off from monday an fancy a blast up north for a few days, you got any rides planned over the next week kam?

Quote:
Hi Dan ..... Yes, if the weather is decent we will be out again next Sunday ....if it is wet on Sunday but dry on the Monday we will probably go out on Monday instead (Glasgow holiday this Monday).

Obviously I won't know for sure till we see the forecast closer to te weekend. But all being well, we will be meeting at Wetherspoons, Anniesland in Glasgow (9.30) on Sunday (or Monday). Feel free to join us. .... or if you are further north we could meet at The Welly maybe?

Update : Weather not looking great for tomorrow (drizzle all afternoon) ...but Monday looking better ..so we will probably be out Monday instead of tomorrow (unless forecast changes) .
Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #1346
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Just catching up with the last couple of weeks or so, yet more great piccies on this excellent thread!.
Seeing photo's of all black pearls beaten up fazer is filling me with sadness tho, i've got the same model sitting in my garage with a fair few injuries also, some dozy car driver decided to plough into the back of me while i was stationary at a roundabout, i got off battered and bruised but the bike wasn't that lucky, was planning my last highland fling of the year as well in a couple of weeks, cannot see insurance getting bike sorted in that short space of time but heres hoping! gunna try and tap them up for a courtesy bike, gixxer maybe!! ha ha!!.

Keep up the great work mate, always well appreciated in this neck of the woods.

Keith, Hull.
I'm really sorry to hear that, mate.
I hope the insurance jumps in quickly and you'll get the lady running soon!
For me there will be no insurance money and there is basically nothing left of the Fazer. No chance to repair it. Motor is damaged, frame heavily bend.
I've been working on stripping down everything, although it's still a little difficult with my bruised leg. I will put aside the good parts and throw away the damaged stuff.
Then I have to think about either buying another Fazer, seeing as it is a really great bike that does everything I want a bike to do. Plus I already know it inside out, have a lot of spare parts now and it is pretty affordable on the aftermarket.
Or to sell the parts I have and buy another bike.

Anyway - I will not be able to buy anything until next summer or so.
So I will be bikeless for quite a while. Tough.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #1347
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:

Those are great pics ...... Sorry to hear that things have been 'challenging' of late .....it must be a major downer to lose your bike and partner all at the same time ...... just glad you survived the crash ok , - hard as it is - new bikes and partners will come in time ..... but you don't get new lives . They say 'the darkest hour is before dawn' .....things can only get better from now on.
Thanks for the soothing words, kam. I hope dawn will come sooner or later...

btw, it's simply incredible that you answer to every single posting!
Good on you, mate!

I'll keep reading this great thread, of course and I will keep you updated!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #1348
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Thanks for the soothing words, kam. I hope dawn will come sooner or later...

btw, it's simply incredible that you answer to every single posting!
Good on you, mate!

I'll keep reading this great thread, of course and I will keep you updated!

Thanks mate! - I hope you get another fazer soon .... but if you have to be off the road for a few months at least you picked the right months with winter just starting ......

As for replying to posts ...It amazes me that people post such nice comments and I feel the least they deserve is a reply and a wee thanks in return.

Cheers

We were out up at Glen Coe today .....

Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #1349
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Glen Coe, yesterday ....

Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #1350
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
We were out up at Glen Coe today .....

That's a great shot, and my new desktop!