Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #1351
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Some more from the Monday rideout ...... we suffered yet another holed radiator - this time it was Jimmy's ZZR1400.

Rannoch Moor

Glencoe village ..

The bridge north to Fort William ..we headed south past Castle Stalker ...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1352
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Late afternoon .. - heading back via Inveraray & Arrochar ....

Old 09-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #1353
CuberBob
Starter

Oddometer: 81
Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post

I think this one is absoluetly awesome. Love the sense of moovement and grace. Fabulous.
I'll get some over the next week or so as the leaves change, see if I can't live up to your standard.
Bob

2006 Concours

RIP -80 KZ750, 09 Ninja EX500
CuberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 AM   #1354
Tuska
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Late afternoon .. - heading back via Inveraray & Arrochar ....

hey kamchat, loving your thread...spent many hours following it, cant get over the great roads/surfaces and lack of dreaded cops on them! not like nz! one day we'll hopefully make it up to see in person but in mean time keep up great work
Tuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #1355
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
Quote:

We were out up at Glen Coe today .....

I thought I recognized that spot:

That's a lovely road, the A82.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas

Johnny Dakar screwed with this post 09-29-2011 at 12:02 PM
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #1356
olioli
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Ha - saw that africa twin from argentina in Brighton about 6 weeks ago. Mad!

Going down to London to get bring my bike back up to Glas this weekend. Desperately hoping for some sunny weather to cap the season off and before i put it away. Cheers for that guys number you sent a few months ago. Ended up getting the bars off ducati glasgow and fitting them myself (absolute bastard to drill).

Maybe see you on the roads!

Oli.
olioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #1357
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuberBob View Post
I think this one is absoluetly awesome. Love the sense of moovement and grace. Fabulous.
I'll get some over the next week or so as the leaves change, see if I can't live up to your standard.
Bob

Thanks Bob .... We've been called many things ...but 'grace' does not usually come into it! Lol! .... The leaves are already changing here too .... Stewart's Repsol Blade complimenting the autumn colours nicely ...

I'll look forward to the autumn pics.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #1358
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
hey kamchat, loving your thread...spent many hours following it, cant get over the great roads/surfaces and lack of dreaded cops on them! not like nz! one day we'll hopefully make it up to see in person but in mean time keep up great work

Thanks ...glad you are enjoying the thread ...and thanks for taking the time to post and say so. ...We are very lucky with our roads - hundreds of miles of great twisties to play on ...however, they are not totally 'police free' ....and you still have to keep your wits about you and an eye out for the 'boys in blue' .... Some in our group are only one ticket away from bans. ..... and with 2 years to go before their current points come off. But yes, because it is such a huge area to cover, we have much less police and speed cameras to worry about on the roads compared to south of the border in England.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #1359
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
I thought I recognized that spot:

That's a lovely road, the A82.

Awesome pics....well spotted Are they from a recent tour over here? Looks like you had similar Glen Coe 'moody' weather.

Have to agree the A82 is a great road ...... along with the A83, A84, A85, A86 & A87 ..all of which are in our regular play area.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #1360
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olioli View Post
Ha - saw that africa twin from argentina in Brighton about 6 weeks ago. Mad!

Going down to London to get bring my bike back up to Glas this weekend. Desperately hoping for some sunny weather to cap the season off and before i put it away. Cheers for that guys number you sent a few months ago. Ended up getting the bars off ducati glasgow and fitting them myself (absolute bastard to drill).

Maybe see you on the roads!

Oli.

Hi, It's a small world! - But then with a bike that laden and 'stickered up' you are going to get noticed wherever you go.

Good to hear you managed to get the Monster sorted. ..... as for 'sunny weather' - yesterday was the day! 25 degrees! .... Now why can't it be like that on a Sunday instead of a work day! Fingers crossed for a nice October. If you see us out on the roads come and say 'hi'.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #1361
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

The end of the day on Monday ....

Took the winding and 'humpfest' road that is the A814 down the side of Loch Long from Arrochar ...

before it was on to the military road - a 'roller coaster' of a road ...

Down ...

....and up...

..and round we go....

Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #1362
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
Quote:
Awesome pics....well spotted Are they from a recent tour over here? Looks like you had similar Glen Coe 'moody' weather.

Have to agree the A82 is a great road ...... along with the A83, A84, A85, A86 & A87 ..all of which are in our regular play area.
Last year. Had only a couple of days in Scotland. Need more. Much more.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #1363
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
Last year. Had only a couple of days in Scotland. Need more. Much more.

Sounds like you need to come back and spend a few weeks. ... It's a big place to squeeze into a couple of days ... however, you did the right thing - if time is limited, Glen Coe has to be one of the first places to check out.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #1364
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
This is a bad thread

Yes, this is a very bad thread!!!
It kept me distracted from work & prevented thinking about anything else; believe it or not, I went through all the 92 pages & it took me from this whole of Tuesday late morning until Friday evening. And since this thread kept my mind occupied & prevented doing anything much productive, I cursed this thread with 5*

Right from your friend who fought cancer to your new GXR, the flow has been excellent; one reason I firmly believe is the ride + the place of ride. Thank you for showing us how beautiful is Scotland. This is seriously one amazing thread & most importantly, there's consistency of update, which shows how serious & dedicated biker you & your GF are. Helmets off!!!

But now that you've set the expectation, you can find my comments every now & then
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #1365
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Yes, this is a very bad thread!!!
It kept me distracted from work & prevented thinking about anything else; believe it or not, I went through all the 92 pages & it took me from this whole of Tuesday late morning until Friday evening. And since this thread kept my mind occupied & prevented doing anything much productive, I cursed this thread with 5*

Right from your friend who fought cancer to your new GXR, the flow has been excellent; one reason I firmly believe is the ride + the place of ride. Thank you for showing us how beautiful is Scotland. This is seriously one amazing thread & most importantly, there's consistency of update, which shows how serious & dedicated biker you & your GF are. Helmets off!!!

But now that you've set the expectation, you can find my comments every now & then

Thank you! .... and thank you for the 'curse' of 5*'s.... awesome . I will try my best to make this bad thread even worse. You deserve a medal for getting through the whole 92 pages in just a few days. My helmet is off to you too sir.
I will look forward to your comments every now and then.

Cheers again

Kam / John