Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #1366
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Awesome pics....well spotted Are they from a recent tour over here? Looks like you had similar Glen Coe 'moody' weather.

Have to agree the A82 is a great road ...... along with the A83, A84, A85, A86 & A87 ..all of which are in our regular play area.
Last year. Had only a couple of days in Scotland. Need more. Much more.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #1367
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
Last year. Had only a couple of days in Scotland. Need more. Much more.

Sounds like you need to come back and spend a few weeks. ... It's a big place to squeeze into a couple of days ... however, you did the right thing - if time is limited, Glen Coe has to be one of the first places to check out.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #1368
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
This is a bad thread

Yes, this is a very bad thread!!!
It kept me distracted from work & prevented thinking about anything else; believe it or not, I went through all the 92 pages & it took me from this whole of Tuesday late morning until Friday evening. And since this thread kept my mind occupied & prevented doing anything much productive, I cursed this thread with 5*

Right from your friend who fought cancer to your new GXR, the flow has been excellent; one reason I firmly believe is the ride + the place of ride. Thank you for showing us how beautiful is Scotland. This is seriously one amazing thread & most importantly, there's consistency of update, which shows how serious & dedicated biker you & your GF are. Helmets off!!!

But now that you've set the expectation, you can find my comments every now & then
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #1369
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Yes, this is a very bad thread!!!
It kept me distracted from work & prevented thinking about anything else; believe it or not, I went through all the 92 pages & it took me from this whole of Tuesday late morning until Friday evening. And since this thread kept my mind occupied & prevented doing anything much productive, I cursed this thread with 5*

Right from your friend who fought cancer to your new GXR, the flow has been excellent; one reason I firmly believe is the ride + the place of ride. Thank you for showing us how beautiful is Scotland. This is seriously one amazing thread & most importantly, there's consistency of update, which shows how serious & dedicated biker you & your GF are. Helmets off!!!

But now that you've set the expectation, you can find my comments every now & then

Thank you! .... and thank you for the 'curse' of 5*'s.... awesome . I will try my best to make this bad thread even worse. You deserve a medal for getting through the whole 92 pages in just a few days. My helmet is off to you too sir.
I will look forward to your comments every now and then.

Cheers again

Kam / John
Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #1370
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,557
Quote:
Hi from the far side of the world .....Nice pics ....it looks so hot and dry compared to what we are used to up here.
We're lucky in Australia as we can ride all year round, even if I whinge about the cold when it's below 15c !!!!
Don't know how you ride in the cold over there, perhaps it's what your used to.

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #1371
chammyman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
that road is called the washboard and watch out as there is an unmarked black sportsbike that patrols the road it goes from the gatehouse to the car park before the descent to the road up the lomondsoide
1988 Honda CB 350 SG
chammyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #1372
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Jeez! What a year for crashes! .... sorry to read this! ....... Glad to hear you are in one piece though..... hope the insurance pays out quick ..and you get a decent pay out for your injuries too. .... maybe see you north of the border before winter arrives - on a new bike? ....... or that 'courtesy gixxer' .... Good luck!
Thanks for the kind words mate, still hoping to get up north one last time this year in a couple of weeks, managed to get a courtesy bike off insurance but no gixxer tho!, they gave me a 1250 bandit, its ok but still hope to have my fazer back in time for trip. i know i've said it before a few times but this thread keeps getting better and better, keep up the great work mate. I love it!!.

Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #1373
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that, mate.
I hope the insurance jumps in quickly and you'll get the lady running soon!
For me there will be no insurance money and there is basically nothing left of the Fazer. No chance to repair it. Motor is damaged, frame heavily bend.
I've been working on stripping down everything, although it's still a little difficult with my bruised leg. I will put aside the good parts and throw away the damaged stuff.
Then I have to think about either buying another Fazer, seeing as it is a really great bike that does everything I want a bike to do. Plus I already know it inside out, have a lot of spare parts now and it is pretty affordable on the aftermarket.
Or to sell the parts I have and buy another bike.

Anyway - I will not be able to buy anything until next summer or so.
So I will be bikeless for quite a while. Tough.
Cheers mate, so far so good with bike insurance, BLD have been very good.

Really sorry to read bad news about your fazer mate, also hope the leg is getting better, keep your chin up bud and hope your back on the road next year.

Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #1374
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 551
Whats wrong with you guys, can't catch Sarah?! She's always out in front, it must be the white boots.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #1375
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Cheers mate, so far so good with bike insurance, BLD have been very good.

Really sorry to read bad news about your fazer mate, also hope the leg is getting better, keep your chin up bud and hope your back on the road next year.

Keith.
Good for you!

I'll try to keep it up. And I certainly hope to be on the road again as soon as possible.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #1376
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 735
Quote:
We were out up at Glen Coe today .....

It is just incredible, how this looks like home!
These shots could have been taken almost anywhere around the corner here in Valais.
The pictures are just awesome, gotta love it!
Slaínte!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 AM   #1377
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
We're lucky in Australia as we can ride all year round, even if I whinge about the cold when it's below 15c !!!!
Don't know how you ride in the cold over there, perhaps it's what your used to.

Cheers Terry

You are indeed lucky .... 15c would be a warm day for us. As for riding in the cold - you do tend to get used to it although we don't tend to ride during winter .... once it goes below 5c I tend to leave the bike in the garage. ..But that's just me - a 'fair weather rider' and 'wuss'.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #1378
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chammyman View Post
that road is called the washboard and watch out as there is an unmarked black sportsbike that patrols the road it goes from the gatehouse to the car park before the descent to the road up the lomondsoide

Thanks for the info .... do you know what make of sportsbike?

I guess the road earned the name 'washboard' due to it's constant 'ups and downs'.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #1379
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Thanks for the kind words mate, still hoping to get up north one last time this year in a couple of weeks, managed to get a courtesy bike off insurance but no gixxer tho!, they gave me a 1250 bandit, its ok but still hope to have my fazer back in time for trip. i know i've said it before a few times but this thread keeps getting better and better, keep up the great work mate. I love it!!.

Keith.

Thanks again for the 'thumbs up' on the thread.
A Bandit 1250 sounds like a decent 'courtesy bike' - result! Hope you do make it north before winter closes in - what a terrible weekend we just had - non stop rain whilst the rest of the UK basked in record temps and glorious sunshine (according to the news reports) grrrrrrr.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #1380
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Whats wrong with you guys, can't catch Sarah?! She's always out in front, it must be the white boots.

Ha ha ..... no we are just gentlemen - 'ladies first' ...although white boots are worth an extra 20 mph.