ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #1381
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
It is just incredible, how this looks like home!
These shots could have been taken almost anywhere around the corner here in Valais.
The pictures are just awesome, gotta love it!
Slaínte!

Well, you are going to feel 'right at home' when you come over here then ...... (just wetter! ) ... Thanks for the comment - glad you are still enjoying the pics and hope you are healing well.

Cheers

Kam / John
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #1382
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
What a wet weekend ! ..... rain, rain and more rain!! - needless to say we didn't get out for a proper rideout. On saturday Sarah and I poped up to the Pots at Gartness just north of Glasgow - we regularly go at this time of year to watch the salmon leaping ..... there has been so much rain it was just a roaring torrent ..... only saw one salmon - I think the sheer force of the water was just too much for them at the moment ....








sorry about the quality of pics but they were taken with the phone.

Kamchat screwed with this post 10-03-2011 at 06:34 AM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #1383
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
The rain did finally stop by Sunday evening and I managed a wee ride up to Clydebank ...got some pics of the old Titan Crane used for shipbuilding when Glasgow used to be the world's main shipbuilder. The crane is 150 ft high and was built in 1907.

Part of Glasgow's heritage (no, - not the Suzuki! ) ....







Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #1384
chammyman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Oddometer: 408
the unmarked bike I think is a Kwak.

Have you been up the Titan crane? i have, pretty good. I went to the College to do my HND Auto Engineering so i got a student discount as well. I got my mate crying up there, I told him to lie on the floor and open his eyes, it seems like your falling and he freaked out
__________________
1984 Honda CBX 750 FE
1985 Honda VF 750 F
1987 Honda CBR 1000 F
1988 Honda CB 350 SG
chammyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #1385
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by chammyman View Post
the unmarked bike I think is a Kwak.

Have you been up the Titan crane? i have, pretty good. I went to the College to do my HND Auto Engineering so i got a student discount as well. I got my mate crying up there, I told him to lie on the floor and open his eyes, it seems like your falling and he freaked out

Thanks again for the info ..... No, I haven't been up the crane yet ...I think it is only open during the summer so I will need to give it a go next season.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #1386
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Well, you are going to feel 'right at home' when you come over here then ...... (just wetter! ) ... Thanks for the comment - glad you are still enjoying the pics and hope you are healing well.

Cheers

Kam / John
Well, I shall certainly give it a try one of these days.
Btw, it can be pretty wet here as well, don't be mistaken. I live in a wee valley that is very green - for a good reason..
As for the leg, these bruises take a lot of time to really heal... Still no thought of doing sports or so.



Well then, just to bridge the gap between here and the next great shots from Alba, I'm gonna show you another example of the similarity of our two riding heavens!
This is on the way up to the Col de Grand-St-Bernard, which marks one border to Italy. The photos were taken in the last week of September, but two years ago.








.....and the same place beginning of July - amazingly different:

__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #1387
Skyclad
Original Bastard
 
Skyclad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Moran Nation, confused as a baby in a topless bar
Oddometer: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Whats wrong with you guys, can't catch Sarah?! She's always out in front, it must be the white boots.
Or perhaps it's just that the view is even better with her in front.
__________________
Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.
cancer
Skyclad's Wanderings
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #1388
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Well, I shall certainly give it a try one of these days.
Btw, it can be pretty wet here as well, don't be mistaken. I live in a wee valley that is very green - for a good reason..
As for the leg, these bruises take a lot of time to really heal... Still no thought of doing sports or so.



Well then, just to bridge the gap between here and the next great shots from Alba, I'm gonna show you another example of the similarity of our two riding heavens!
This is on the way up to the Col de Grand-St-Bernard, which marks one border to Italy. The photos were taken in the last week of September, but two years ago.


.....and the same place beginning of July - amazingly different:


Beautiful pics ......... I was surprised that there seems to be more snow in July than September!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #1389
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Or perhaps it's just that the view is even better with her in front.

Well.......I may be biased.......but I can't argue with that........
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #1390
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
We managed to snatch a quick blast up to Callander for tea (fish n chips) after work this evening ..... with rain forecast again for the rest of the weekend it might be our only chance of a decent ride for a while.....





Evening sun .......


There is someting extra special about hot fish n chips outdoors on a crisp chilly evening........... the ducks agree.....





Stevie's Ninja and my Gixxer ,,,,,,



The ducks had some competition from these goosanders who also seemed keen to share our chips

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #1391
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Beautiful pics ......... I was surprised that there seems to be more snow in July than September!


Yeah, in July there is usually still snow. In September not quite yet.
They only have about three "clear" months each year up there.
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #1392
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Evening sun .......



That shot is a bliss!
Two of the most beautiful things combined - evening sun and autumn colours.... Just gorgeous.
You should see all the vineyards in autumn over here. You wouldn't believe how many different colours wine can have.

I hope you will be able to give us some more beautiful autumn pictures!


And don't you tell me anything about "last decent rides for a while"... ha!
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #1393
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Yeah, in July there is usually still snow. In September not quite yet.
They only have about three "clear" months each year up there.

I can remember encountering plenty of snow in July too in Andorra once (on our way to MotoGP in Barcelona years ago).
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #1394
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
That shot is a bliss!
Two of the most beautiful things combined - evening sun and autumn colours.... Just gorgeous.
You should see all the vineyards in autumn over here. You wouldn't believe how many different colours wine can have.
I hope you will be able to give us some more beuatiful autumn pictures!


And don't you tell me anything about last decent rides for a while... ha!

Thanks again....... I have to agree about the 'evening sun' at this time of year..... unfortunately we don't seem to be getting much of it - mostly rain and dark clouds Trust me ..I will keep on riding as long as the weather holds out ...... but winter is not far away .... We could really feel the temps drop once the sun went down on our way back tonight.

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #1395
chammyman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Oddometer: 408
weather was good yesterday but it was freezing.

I went, Balloch Dukes Pass, Callander (bottom car park no one there when I arrived), up to the Welly then back down the Lomond Side.

Was freezing from Callander on. There was a bit of rain at Tarbert.

Sunday afternoon is meant to be ok, I'll believe it when I see it though.
__________________
1984 Honda CBX 750 FE
1985 Honda VF 750 F
1987 Honda CBR 1000 F
1988 Honda CB 350 SG
chammyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014