Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #1471
tompee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Mate, just spent a few days browsing through this thread on and off, haven't seen it all yet but you've got a lovely eye for photo's.

My great grandfather, whose name I have, came out from Scotland in 1921 at about 14 on his own as an orphan. Some rellies go back over now and then. More dream about it, including me! Your pictures certainly don't stop the urges!

Take care, and subscribed!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #1472
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
I didn't watch it live this time, fortunately. I watched Tomizawa-san's horrible crash live last year. That was so shocking..
The death of Marco is not only a loss of talent, but even more a loss of character and of a really nice lad. 24 is no age to die. No age really is, though.
I hope that his family and friends, as well as Vale and Colin, who de facto killed him in a way, will be able to handle that.

Aye, I'll keep it, at least over the winter. But I can do nothing for her, frame is awfully bend, engine is leaking, all major parts are damaged, mostly irreparable.
I will safe all "good" parts and either keep them or sell them, depending on what I will get me next year.

The shots from your last ride-outs were glorious again! Even the still lifes keep getting better and better!!

Thanks mate ... glad you still enjoy the pics .

It will be interesting to see what will happen at Valencia next week - what the organisers and the likes of Rossi might do as a tribute to Simoncelli.

Hope you manage to get back in the saddle before too long - at least winter is starting so you have 5 months or so to sort out some wheels.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:37 AM   #1473
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Right on the money so far, 12 degrees celcius outside as I type this and raining of course.
14 C here at the moment - although that is unusually mild for this time of year ..... so at least the rain isn't so cold.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #1474
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompee View Post
Mate, just spent a few days browsing through this thread on and off, haven't seen it all yet but you've got a lovely eye for photo's.

My great grandfather, whose name I have, came out from Scotland in 1921 at about 14 on his own as an orphan. Some rellies go back over now and then. More dream about it, including me! Your pictures certainly don't stop the urges!

Take care, and subscribed!

Thanks, glad you are enjoying the thread ..... I really hope you do come back to visit your great grandfather's homeland sometime .... come in summer and tour round on a bike. .....ride these roads for yourself, - the pics don't do it justice .......
Old 10-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #1475
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well, temps have been mild for this time of year ..... unfortunately it has been pretty wet of late ...but on Sunday the rain let up for long enough to get out for a run...the roads were still pretty wet in places ... It might be the last run of the year for us as we normally 'call it a day' at the end of October ...but fingers crossed it might stay mild for another week yet......

Sunday ...... the clocks have gone back an hour ......we are no longer on British 'summer' time ..... heading back to Crieff for a rerun of our last rideout ...some wanted to head south for St Mary's Loch and sunshine ...others wanted to head north for better (but wet) roads to Crieff . We headed north....

The 'grid' ....

Old 10-31-2011, 06:00 AM   #1476
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Rolling through Strathyre ....

Puddle Reflections.....

We did find some dry roads .... and 'fun was had'....

Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #1477
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 313
Hi Kamchat!

It's been a while since I lurked here and I just got caught up from page 45 -Wow! you're just about to page 100! This never gets boring -no need to worry about that! Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all your hard work. Your thread is truly one of the gems on the internet. Before your thread, everything I knew about the Highlands was from m.c. beaton's Hamish MacBeth novels and the occasional Loch Ness show. What a beutiful place!

It's been said a lot already, but your pictures are amazing. Your action shots capture the thrill and joy of riding better than anything I have ever seen in magazines. There are a few mid corner shot's that you must have been off the side nearly dragging your knee while riding one-handed! Respect!! Some of your still shots are works of art. I still take crappy pictures but I like to think they're less crappy because I've stolen ideas from you on how to compose a shot!

I think I solved one of the great riddles of this thread - how you all ride the way you do but still have spotlessly clean bikes. My theory is that you use poor David as a human shield! He takes all the bug hits and clears the air for the rest of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Some pictures of the run up to Arisaig .....

The other thing I was wondering is if you have ever appeared in any of the helmet off group shots? We have seen pictures of where you scraped all the bark off your hand and legs and chaffed your ass and one helmeted shot of you on your son's bike, but I'm not sure we've seen you (but I'm guessing that may be you on Sarah's bike in the beach shot on pg 75). Through your words and pictures you have made friends all over the world, we just haven't seen you. Maybe you should celebrate page 100 by having one of your riding buddies take a nice shot of you and Sarah.

Thanks again for the great thread!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #1478
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
Hi Kamchat!

It's been a while since I lurked here and I just got caught up from page 45 -Wow! you're just about to page 100! This never gets boring -no need to worry about that! Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all your hard work. Your thread is truly one of the gems on the internet. Before your thread, everything I knew about the Highlands was from m.c. beaton's Hamish MacBeth novels and the occasional Loch Ness show. What a beutiful place!

It's been said a lot already, but your pictures are amazing. Your action shots capture the thrill and joy of riding better than anything I have ever seen in magazines. There are a few mid corner shot's that you must have been off the side nearly dragging your knee while riding one-handed! Respect!! Some of your still shots are works of art. I still take crappy pictures but I like to think they're less crappy because I've stolen ideas from you on how to compose a shot!

I think I solved one of the great riddles of this thread - how you all ride the way you do but still have spotlessly clean bikes. My theory is that you use poor David as a human shield! He takes all the bug hits and clears the air for the rest of you!

The other thing I was wondering is if you have ever appeared in any of the helmet off group shots? We have seen pictures of where you scraped all the bark off your hand and legs and chaffed your ass and one helmeted shot of you on your son's bike, but I'm not sure we've seen you (but I'm guessing that may be you on Sarah's bike in the beach shot on pg 75). Through your words and pictures you have made friends all over the world, we just haven't seen you. Maybe you should celebrate page 100 by having one of your riding buddies take a nice shot of you and Sarah.

Thanks again for the great thread!

And thank you for the awesome comments. .......too kind, - but very much appreciated ! .

Yes, that is me on Sarah's bike in the group beach shot (we were riding 'two up' that day)..... I have a face that is well suited to being behind the camera Lol! ..... but now you ask, yes I will try to get a better pic this weekend and post it.

'Lol'ing at 'david the human bug shield' ........... .....although our bikes aren't always 'spotless'...here's Stevie's on Sunday (the car park at the Crieff tea-rooms was like the surface of the moon ...after a tropical storm .) ..

and mine ....

Thanks again ...and really glad you continue to enjoy the thread.

Kamchat screwed with this post 11-01-2011 at 06:43 AM
Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #1479
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Few more from Sunday ...

The trouble with this time of year - suddenly mulched wet leaves and pine needles on the road ...

Gordon and R1 ....

Old 11-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #1480
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
It's roads or MX tracks???
Old 11-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #1481
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
It's roads or MX tracks???

Lol! Hi bubu ....... the car park at the tea rooms was probably better suited to being an MX track. This trike was there also ..... the owner was in a wheelchair ..... respect to him for still riding .. and 'extra respect' for tackling the muddy, rutted car park in a wheelchair too!

Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #1482
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Some more from last Sunday .......

...you can never have enough 'duck pics' on a rideout thread .....

Graeme in St Fillans ...

Gordon in Crieff..

Old 11-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #1483
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

The R1's headlights always remind me of the 'crazy eyes' of some cartoon character .......

Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #1484
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Kamchat wrote:
Quote:
This trike was there also ..... the owner was in a wheelchair ..... respect to him for still riding .. and 'extra respect' for tackling the muddy, rutted car park in a wheelchair too!
+1! (Like his trike too! )
I crossed paths with a one-legged rider on a Can-Am Spyder in Southern Utah ... Respect for those disabled who still get out in the wind! (I'd be out there too!)

Like the R1 Crazy eyes too!

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #1485
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
Historic castles, wonderful vistas, grand Lochs, stunning mountains, majestic waterfalls, amazing coastlines. Scotland has all of these things in abundance so what does kamchat give us...

'duck pics!'

Kwak.Kwak

limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote