ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #511
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
I donate my dinner to the cause as will not be able to make this ride due to injuries, looks like I'll have to wait another year thanx Mr andMrs Acer for putting up this great event.
Heal quickly.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #512
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad
Heal quickly.
Thanx.one more surgery tomorrow and let the healin begin
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #513
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
Quote:
Thanx.one more surgery tomorrow and let the healin begin
Damn. Ok... so... get thorugh the surgery(s) quickly so you can start to heal quickly.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #514
MrsTahoeacr OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
I donate my dinner to the cause as will not be able to make this ride due to injuries, looks like I'll have to wait another year thanx Mr andMrs Acer for putting up this great event.
Sorry to hear you are hurt and won't be coming. Just one question though, DID YOU NOT READ THE ROYAL PROCLAMATION ON THE
FIRST PAGE ??????? You wern't supposed to do anything to endanger yourself 30 days before the ride. There is plenty of that on the Assualt. We, the royal court will only forgive your unseemly injuries if they were caused by a reckless, thoughtless, clueless to our weekend plans, individual, who got hurt worse then you. Kidding aside, Both tahoeacr and I wish you a speedy recovery with no adverse effects for the future. See you next year.
MrsTahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #515
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTahoeacr
Sorry to hear you are hurt and won't be coming. Just one question though, DID YOU NOT READ THE ROYAL PROCLAMATION ON THE
FIRST PAGE ??????? You wern't supposed to do anything to endanger yourself 30 days before the ride. There is plenty of that on the Assualt. We, the royal court will only forgive your unseemly injuries if they were caused by a reckless, thoughtless, clueless to our weekend plans, individual, who got hurt worse then you. Kidding aside, Both tahoeacr and I wish you a speedy recovery with no adverse effects for the future. See you next year.

Really sorry Noel!

I too must be downgraded to "iffy"

got my bike buttoned up after a cam change and it's making a horrible 'something in the cylinder that is not a piston' kind of noise.

I have to work next 7 days in a row cuz I got the time off for the assault. But we'll see if I can get to the rings working after hours and IF I can get parts in a week
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #516
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
Cut off for the bbq is friday so we can go shopping this week-end.

The last two people who sent money didn't put there screen name in so I don't know who to give credit to. Send me a pm and let me know.

I just paypal-ed you for the Saturday night BBQ, so I guess I'm IN! Looking forward to meeting y'all. Should arrive Thursday evening or Friday morning.

Any tracks available yet?

Catfish ...
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #517
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,844
Just a heads up that Catfish Swarthy red beard and I are planning to attend BUT the Minden sleep plan went out the door when our hostess left on a road trip of her own. So we need to know if there is a group site where we can park and pitch a tent
PS I'm on a bit of a roadtrip and trying to do this from my phone so be patient if you want/need a reply.

PSS Hi Catfish

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.

Stinez screwed with this post 06-10-2010 at 07:46 PM
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #518
Vermon
not gnarly

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
This more like what you want?
oh hey I recognize that bike..goes pretty fast! oh and that trail,nice stuff, hey what's that orange thang there in the bush? ..looks like sum ones KTM is fallin appart ...
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #519
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Did about 135 miles today setting up the tracks for Saturdays ride. Looks like it will be mostly pavement. Some forest roads(single lane paved) and surface streets. Over 40 miles of the planned dirt roads are still closed. Suppose to be in the high 60's from here on out. Got a little bit of hail hitting me when I was up trying to get to Mt Watson.

Fallen leaf lake
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #520
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,641
[QUOTE=tahoeacr]Did about 135 miles today setting up the tracks for Saturdays ride. Looks like it will be mostly pavement. Some forest roads(single lane paved) and surface streets. Over 40 miles of the planned dirt roads are still closed. Suppose to be in the high 60's from here on out. Got a little bit of hail hitting me when I was up trying to get to Mt Watson.
[IMG]

Sounds like the Ural would be just fine on saturday! Im having my ACL replaced this week with a cadaver ACL. I should be able to sit in the sidecar and let the wife ride me around for the ride. Fingers crossed on that. We will be there bike or no bike. See you there. Ill be the guy with the crutches.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #521
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,522
Wx forecast

5-Day Forecast for ZIP Code 96150 Customize Your Icons!

FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesday

58 F | 36 F

58 F | 40 F

65 F | 43 F

70 F | 45 F

67 F | 47 F
Clear Partly Cloudy Clear Clear Clear
Hourly
Hourly
Hourly
Hourly
Hourly
Today is forecast to be nearly the same temperature as yesterday.

Its looking like it is going to be a tad chilly in the am.

Note to self: pack the cold wx gloves.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #522
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,972
Quote:
Did about 135 miles today setting up the tracks for Saturdays ride. Looks like it will be mostly pavement. Some forest roads(single lane paved) and surface streets. Over 40 miles of the planned dirt roads are still closed. Suppose to be in the high 60's from here on out. Got a little bit of hail hitting me when I was up trying to get to Mt Watson.

Fallen leaf lake
Pavement!? Tell MrsTahoeacr to get that blow dryer out and start melting the snow...

Guess I'll leave on my hard-as-a-rock Michelin Deserts to handle all the pavement.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #523
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg
Pavement!? Tell MrsTahoeacr to get that blow dryer out and start melting the snow...

Guess I'll leave on my hard-as-a-rock Michelin Deserts to handle all the pavement.
I didn't say that all of us would be doing pavement . Big bikes and those wore out from Friday can do the lake loop. It is scenic. Got some pavement that I would love to close off and rip thru there in the Evo(maybe this has happened ) or a good Supermoto bike. Anyways, we will do some great single track at the beginning, then head down to Carson for the Pine nuts from the North.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #524
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,923
Quote:

Fallen leaf lake

awesome view... we don't have anything like that in los angeles....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #525
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,522
Question for those that have done the trip

I am taking a camping trailer up. I am thinking that I am going to take I-5/Rt 50 from Camarillo to Tahoe. My thinking is that if I get stuck behind gramps I am screwed until I get a passing lane whereas I can cruise at 55+ all the way on the 5/50.

Is my logic off? Yes I know that I don't have both oars in the water. Besides that your thoughts on 5/50 vs 395 for a truck/trailer.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote