ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #601
jms415
KTM disciple
 
jms415's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco, the land of no-dirt
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Well, I think I'm 'officially' out of this ride, just like my Motor


Bummer man! Whats going on with all those parts? Looks like you are doing something major. Can't you just slap them back together and get in your truck and get down to Tahoe?

Forgive my ignorance if it is obvious what you are doing, for I know jack shit about working on bikes. Good luck to you.
__________________
10 450 EXC Plated Champs Edition....
99 ZXR-1100 for ripping on the road...

jms415 screwed with this post 06-16-2010 at 07:56 AM
jms415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #602
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms415
Bummer man! Whats going on with all those parts? Looks like you are doing something major. Can't you just slap them back together and get in your truck and get down to Tahoe?
Forgive my ignorance if it is obvious what you are doing. I just want everyone to ride that has a chance to come.
I replaced the cam chain, and when it went back together it's making a nasty scraping sound when it warms up.

I took it apart again, and found a few tiny things around the water pump, so I thought it might be that. I had to wait 3 days to get the stupid gasket, I put it back together again last night and it's still doing it. So now the motor is going to the dealer to look at the top end. I don't have tools/comfort level to open it up.

If it's something simple like I didn't tighten the flywheel enough or something I may still make it. But I kinda think a ring may be shot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #603
Jim Colombotos
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Jim Colombotos's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: San Leandro, Ca
Oddometer: 319
I might have missed it in all the post but where is everyone meeting Sat morning?
lol

Thx
JC
__________________
2013 KTM 500 EXC
2009 KTM 990 Standard
2014 1190 R
Jim Colombotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #604
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D
 
Stinez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Nor Cal
Oddometer: 47,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms415
Where do I report on Friday morning and what time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Colombotos
I might have missed it in all the post but where is everyone meeting Sat morning?
__________________
.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #605
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.
 
Riddler990's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Burbank,Ca.
Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Well, I think I'm 'officially' out of this ride, just like my Motor


L O S E R !


you know there's a canyon named after you in the p'nuts
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #606
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I replaced the cam chain, and when it went back together it's making a nasty scraping sound when it warms up.

I took it apart again, and found a few tiny things around the water pump, so I thought it might be that. I had to wait 3 days to get the stupid gasket, I put it back together again last night and it's still doing it. So now the motor is going to the dealer to look at the top end. I don't have tools/comfort level to open it up.

If it's something simple like I didn't tighten the flywheel enough or something I may still make it. But I kinda think a ring may be shot.

that sucks!

if you're in socal, this would have been an easy fix....



Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTahoeacr
Black and Blue are not my best colors Dont make the sick thing tooo convincing, you don't want your boss bringing by Chicken Soup to make you feel better.
Mrstahoeacr



you're right, just like bob said...think i have a fever...
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #607
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Start point 9:00a.m.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=38.....93326&zoom=18

The Red Hut.
229 Kingsbury grade
Stateline

You can get breakfast while you wait for me .
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #608
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I replaced the cam chain, and when it went back together it's making a nasty scraping sound when it warms up.

I took it apart again, and found a few tiny things around the water pump, so I thought it might be that. I had to wait 3 days to get the stupid gasket, I put it back together again last night and it's still doing it. So now the motor is going to the dealer to look at the top end. I don't have tools/comfort level to open it up.

If it's something simple like I didn't tighten the flywheel enough or something I may still make it. But I kinda think a ring may be shot.

Should of bought a Husaberg. At least then your engine would be together and we could push start ya! Why do you think I live on a hill?
Hope you get it together.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #609
sito
Where the Hell am I?
 
sito's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Glendora CA
Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms415
Bummer man! Whats going on with all those parts? Looks like you are doing something major. Can't you just slap them back together and get in your truck and get down to Tahoe?

Forgive my ignorance if it is obvious what you are doing, for I know jack shit about working on bikes. Good luck to you.
It's a Huskey the motors fall out all the time!

Sorry you can't make it xymotic would have been fun to see you again!
__________________
I'm a GPS Wizard follow me?
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #610
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=38.....93326&zoom=18

The Red Hut.
229 Kingsbury grade
Stateline

You can get breakfast while you wait for me .

maybe this picture will help....



good breakfast!.....
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #611
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
that sucks!

if you're in socal, this would have been an easy fix....
oh, it's gonna be "easy" here too, but very spensive and slow!!! Thankfully I have four days off without pay to think about it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #612
bluegroove
Motorcycle junkie
 
bluegroove's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 421
I'm out dangit. Have fun!
__________________
Former Mechanic in Honda and Kawasaki Dealer (eons ago). 38 yrs. of riding and racing dirt and street.
bluegroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #613
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Sundays tracks

http://www.marshalllee.net/misc/files/assualt_ii/sundays-ride.gdb
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #614
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D
 
Stinez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Nor Cal
Oddometer: 47,673
Hummm

178 X .94 = ~168
65 X .94 = ~62
1/2 turn out....

Campsite

Cash

Smile





Ready.
__________________
.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #615
MrsTahoeacr OP
Adventurer
 
MrsTahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegroove
I'm out dangit. Have fun!
Sorry to hear that. Can't make one day? It's not that far.
MrsTahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014