ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #691
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad21
Next year! Right Racinace?!
If he's livin in Reno now, he's got no excuse to miss it!
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #692
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
If he's livin in Reno now, he's got no excuse to miss it!
Nope, no excuse. And I used to live in Reno/Tahoe and have friends and family there so I have little excuse myself.

On that note, I am coming down there for a class reunion end of July and would like to ride. Don't wanna hijack this thread but any suggestions/riding partners are welcome! PM me!

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #693
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,884
Bad N00b

I didn't post when we got in DriverDain and I made it in last night. 8.5 up going I-5, 9.5 hours coming back 395.

Jeff and Marilyn thank you so very much for the hospitality. You are wonderful people. Add my name for next years event.

To the lost crew: Thanks ever so much for draggin my lazy ass through the creek bottom. You guys taught me so much in one day. I wish I had thought to take pictures.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #694
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,593
Made it home about 12:30 this morning... It's a long drive.. That Firestone Explody spare tire held up so far....

Thanks to Joel for letting me drive the truck to my house, with his bike still on Saved me from having to ATGATT up and ride the EXC an hour home..

Now, if i post up on Craigs List,,,,,,,, a slightly used 640E...... I can pay for the trip!

Thanks to Jeff and Marilyn for the extremely fine hospitality... See you all next year!

Spafxer
jim
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #695
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
Made it home about 12:30 this morning... It's a long drive.. That Firestone Explody spare tire held up so far....

Thanks to Joel for letting me drive the truck to my house, with his bike still on Saved me from having to ATGATT up and ride the EXC an hour home..

Now, if i post up on Craigs List,,,,,,,, a slightly used 640E...... I can pay for the trip!

Thanks to Jeff and Marilyn for the extremely fine hospitality... See you all next year!

Spafxer
jim
Jim,

I know how that bike has been ridden. All I coul offer is a $20 and the left over beer from the weekend. Of course for that price you would have to deliver to my house.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #696
stevets
Dirt Rider

Oddometer: 225
This was a great weekend - Thanks everyone for the hospitality, all the fun and laughs and the great riding!
stevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #697
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 48,351
That was great fun with a great crew to hang out and ride with.

Nice meeting *almost everyone!

Thanks go to Jeff and Marilyn for putting in a great deal of effort to host this fantastic event. Although, "Host" really doesn't do justice to what you do because the logistics and organization of all of this goes way beyond just hosting it…and us. Whatever the correct term…Thank You and You Rock!

I’d also like to Thank Jeff and Mike (edit- XSSSIVE) for sharing their “local knowledge” with us. (Many would be reluctant for reasons I won’t go into…) Thanks!

* "almost" because I didn't meet everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinace
We did manage to make it up Saturday night for the BBQ and meet some of you. It was super kool to meet Matt who just happened to be the guy who changed my flat front tire in last years Baja 1000 at MP 160. What are the odds.
Maybe next year I'll be able to clear my calendar...
Did you guys get out on Sunday?
I’d have loved to have been able to stay….next time.

PS I've got lots of pics. I'll post them when I get the chance.

PSS For those who asked about our Mojave rides and invites I'll add a link Here.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.

Stinez screwed with this post 06-21-2010 at 02:53 PM
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #698
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,244
Oh ya, thanks to the guys who helped pick up the big blue beast after my alleged get-off(s). I cannot confirm nor deny said events took place, however, if such hypothetical events occurred, I'd be well in debt to those who helped pick up the large monstrosity known as the KTM 990 from the hillside just south of the motocross track off of Lake Tahoe Blvd.

And again, when it was allegedly wedged between a tree 1 mile south-east of Pioneer Trl...

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #699
Conner
Charlie Ringo

Oddometer: 310
The Lost Boys...

"To the lost crew: Thanks ever so much for draggin my lazy ass through the creek bottom. You guys taught me so much in one day. I wish I had thought to take pictures. [/QUOTE]"

Lonestar: I know how you feel, and you did great. Thanks to Jerry and Corry for keeping both of us alive in the creek bed. I was never so glad to see Dayton. Later over a cold beer when I asked you if you'd do it again and without hesitation you replied "in a heartbeat", I knew you were the real deal. Next year, up canyon!

Thanks to our generous hosts, Jeff and Marilyn. It is really fun to meet the people behind all those cool Avatars.

Conner in Sacramento
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #700
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 48,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters
Oh ya, thanks to the guys who helped pick up the big blue beast after my alleged get-off(s). I cannot confirm nor deny said events took place, however, if such hypothetical events occurred, I'd be well in debt to those who helped pick up the large monstrosity known as the KTM 990 from the hillside just south of the motocross track off of Lake Tahoe Blvd.

And again, when it was allegedly wedged between a tree 1 mile south-east of Pioneer Trl...

As mentioned at the time.

My priorities were screwed up and, as a result, the camera came out too late.

PS That was Matt (SRB) who helped you lift the bike off that cliff it was leaning against.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #701
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,244
You know you are with a bunch of advrider inmates, when the first thing you hear after a fall is: "Quick, someone get a picture!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez
As mentioned at the time.

My priorities were screwed up and, as a result, the camera came out too late.

PS That was Matt (SRB) who helped you lift the bike off that cliff it was leaning against.

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #702
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
quote=spafxer]Made it home about 12:30 this morning... It's a long drive.. That Firestone Explody spare tire held up so far....

Spafxer
jim[/quote]

good to hear you made it home..

putting my pristine 640E on craiglist... selling with pics help, i'll send you a couple; pink slip is in the tail pack....

hello 690.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112
Jim,

I know how that bike has been ridden. All I coul offer is a $20 and the left over beer from the weekend. Of course for that price you would have to deliver to my house.

just like me, the bike doesn't get any respect from FFs....

bob, the bike gotta be worth more considering it has trailtrick's suspension, fresh 606s and lots of premium tahoe dirt.....
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #703
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters
You know you are with a bunch of advrider inmates, when the first thing you hear after a fall is: "Quick, someone get a picture!"

jesse, i agree we have a bunch of blood thirsty animals....
Old 06-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #704
XSSSIVE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Thank you to Jeff and Marilyn for a great weekend!

It was great to meet many of you. I wish that I could have ridden with everyone more than just Friday. I had to spend time with the family since I will be leaving for a week of riding in Idaho.

Also, thanks to Matt, Mike and Steve for letting me join their group during Friday's ride.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #705
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

friday ride

we met at the red hut on kingsbury; here,we can tell it's going to be a tough day seeing our fearless leader wearing a mx outfit....

jeff telling bob "it's ok to walk your bike if you're joining the advanced group"

as usual, lil zing likes to poke his head in for any pictorial..... ; nice aprilla zing!...

the ride was about to officially starts

tahoe is known for having only 2 seasons; the snowy winter season and the warm construction season..

the FFs are all dazed and bored...

even jeff's good looks could not convince the female sign bearer

wohooo! we're moving....

you will only see this awesome sight in tahoe once a year...

NSFW screwed with this post 06-21-2010 at 05:11 PM