Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #106
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
here is a shot of the stand on 2008 KTM 690E
I will try to get a few more and one from under the bike tonight.

I think you will find your heal resting on the pipe were it is mounted how it is , when I mocked mine up I put my boot on the peg it helps a lot for the visual perspective
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #107
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
I think you will find your heal resting on the pipe were it is mounted how it is , when I mocked mine up I put my boot on the peg it helps a lot for the visual perspective
I am using the factory KTM racing rear pipe sections and Rear mount off 660
By using the 690 foot peg mount it is 1/4 closer to the heal of my boot then if I built a copy of the Factory mid
pipe mount.(I had my son stand on the pegs for placement)
I have a size 11 boot and it feels fine so far
I hope to test it this sunday in the High desert.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #108
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,030
Must be the camera angle but it looks dam close ,

I have size 13 so every mm counts , I even cut my toe nails before I ride .

Also can you use the standard stand and centre with the low pipe
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #109
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
Must be the camera angle but it looks dam close ,
Also can you use the standard stand and centre with the low pipe
Sidestand ?? I did not even try it
I HATE side stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A centerstand is a MUST
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #110
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,633
I don't own a KTM, but I am the world's foremost believer in centerstands for any bike with tube type tires. It doesn't matter how good a bike is, when you have a flat tire and can't fix it, the bike becomes a worthless hunk of metal and plastic. I would not ride a bike with tube type tires around the block without some way to fix a flat. I have had centerstands on 2 KLRs, and currently have one on my XT225. The one on the XT225 was custom fabricated by a guy who no longer makes them. I feel very lucky to have gotten it.

It's also very nice to know that someone besides me understands the value of a centerstand on bikes with tube type tires. There are places where you can't simply whip out the cell phone and call road service. An adventure bike needs to be repairable in the field as much as possible.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #111
ini88
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
I installed my Lost Dog centerstand today in 25 degree weather! holy crap it was cold out. Overall, it is a great stand and very sturdy. I like the tight fit as everything is where it should be and out of the way when you don't need it.

My peg was too short though, so im going to need another longer threaded peg for the stand to rest on when its up. I spaced it out correctly but maybe the 2011 690 Rs had a minor change in the bottom part of the frame thickness. I don't know.

Removed the stock skid

Cleaned the frame up

Took out the first brake bolt

I then put some anti-sieze on the hinges to prevent premature rust from happening. Grease would also work.

Fitted the hinges back on

I put the springs on and was having the hardest time getting them on! Don't put them on this way. Put them on where the longer end of the spring faces the rear of the bike.

This way the way I put the springs on. Easier to fit.

Stand up!

OK this bolt was way too short for my bike. I had the two nuts on the bottom and the spacer on top of those. When I put the bolt through it barely stuck out of the top and I couldn't thread it. Lost Dog, do you think you could send me a longer bolt with rubber mount?

Other than that, no complains at all and seems like a great centerstand. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #112
lostdogproducts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Your bike looks "KILLER " I know you guys are sharp so clue me in on any smart updates you come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBen View Post
Hey what sort of screen/fairing is that? It looks awesome
lostdogproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #113
lostdogproducts
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
I installed my Lost Dog centerstand today in 25 degree weather! holy crap it was cold out. Overall, it is a great stand and very sturdy. I like the tight fit as everything is where it should be and out of the way when you don't need it.

My peg was too short though, so im going to need another longer threaded peg for the stand to rest on when its up. I spaced it out correctly but maybe the 2011 690 Rs had a minor change in the bottom part of the frame thickness. I don't know.

Removed the stock skid

Cleaned the frame up

Took out the first brake bolt

I then put some anti-sieze on the hinges to prevent premature rust from happening. Grease would also work.

Fitted the hinges back on

I put the springs on and was having the hardest time getting them on! Don't put them on this way. Put them on where the longer end of the spring faces the rear of the bike.

This way the way I put the springs on. Easier to fit.

Stand up!

OK this bolt was way too short for my bike. I had the two nuts on the bottom and the spacer on top of those. When I put the bolt through it barely stuck out of the top and I couldn't thread it. Lost Dog, do you think you could send me a longer bolt with rubber mount?

Other than that, no complains at all and seems like a great centerstand. Thanks!
Dang ! I purchase the threaded studs by the bag and then I screw the threaded stud into the rubber stop with a little lock-tite on it. We can do one of three things. The stud will unscrew and that is a 1/4-28 threaded rod that you can buy at any hardware store and do one that is longer. Or e-mail lostdogproducts@gmail.com so I send it to the correct customer. I just checked my stock of threaded studs and they are 2" long. Is that the same as what you have? I need to check this out. Thank you for posting this and now I know to double check those studs. - Martin
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #114
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Yes the Stand stop is about 1/2 inch short
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #115
lostdogproducts
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Yes the Stand stop is about 1/2 inch short
O.K. - Maybe I was using the wrong engineering fluid the day I purchased those dang studs. Thanks for pointing is out. I will send everyone a 2-1/2" 1/4-28 nf stud in the mail.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #116
SportsGuy
icanhazdirt?

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdogproducts View Post
O.K. - Maybe I was using the wrong engineering fluid the day I purchased those dang studs. Thanks for pointing is out. I will send everyone a 2-1/2" 1/4-28 nf stud in the mail.
Customer service BEFORE the fact = I LOVE IT! :)
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #117
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBen View Post
Hey what sort of screen/fairing is that? It looks awesome
The screen setup is a one off deal. It uses a pair of Baja Designs HID Fuego 4" lights and is just tall enough to shed wind off of my chest at higher speeds. Here's a shot from today's ride.

This setup is going to my 450EXC and I'm fitting the RR EVO 2 front tanks and a traditional 690 Rally fairing to make a Adventure Lite.
I just need more than 2 days off at home to do the fitting.
Glad you like it. Function and form.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #118
lostdogproducts
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
The screen setup is a one off deal. It uses a pair of Baja Designs HID Fuego 4" lights and is just tall enough to shed wind off of my chest at higher speeds. Here's a shot from today's ride.

This setup is going to my 450EXC and I'm fitting the RR EVO 2 front tanks and a traditional 690 Rally fairing to make a Adventure Lite.
I just need more than 2 days off at home to do the fitting.
Glad you like it. Function and form.
Sweeeeet! I may be the lost dog but I think your the lucky dog.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #119
road_donkey
not really into it..

Oddometer: 33
Centerstand

So...finally got a chance to install my Lost Dog centerstand the other day. What a great product! Very quick and easy install, nice compact design, very sturdy feeling as well. The only glitch is my bolt for the bumper is too short as well, and that is being dealt with. Customer service second to none!

Super happy with this!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #120
lostdogproducts
Adventurer

QUOTE=road_donkey;20752079]So...finally got a chance to install my Lost Dog centerstand the other day. What a great product! Very quick and easy install, nice compact design, very sturdy feeling as well. The only glitch is my bolt for the bumper is too short as well, and that is being dealt with. Customer service second to none!

Super happy with this!

Cool bike! I'm so glad you guys are liking my center stand. I'm getting better at building them and we should have an ad on ebay soon. Thanks for the good review. - Martin

[/QUOTE]