Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #166
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike
We gotta get you out to an enduro now. I'm going to Prospectors MC this weekend. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us. They are finishing everyone but the "A" riders 6 or 7 miles from the end of the loop.
ya that sounds like a blast! How exactly do those go anyways? I know they are time keeping events....

unfortuntely, the next race ill have time for is on april 11..... gotta get back on the wagon for fitness here NOW.... actually running a 5k tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #167
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Great thread, eatpasta, Im really enjoying it, its a great encouragement for me!

Im going to be giving rally raid a bash for the 1st time later this year (Dos Sertoes in Aug), and Ive been umming and ahhing about whether to start a thread too, Im in the middle of a training regime (between injury ) and am busy building a bike. Problem is you already have the name of the thread I wanna start .
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #168
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007
Great thread, eatpasta, Im really enjoying it, its a great encouragement for me!

Im going to be giving rally raid a bash for the 1st time later this year (Dos Sertoes in Aug), and Ive been umming and ahhing about whether to start a thread too, Im in the middle of a training regime (between injury ) and am busy building a bike. Problem is you already have the name of the thread I wanna start .
dont hem and haw about it - just start another one and make it more interesting than mine!

I ran the 5k on saturday with a friend and he ran it in 20 mins flat....

I ran mine in 26 minutes, which isnt horrible for a first go.

last night I changed the oil, and added the Iridium NGK plug I got from my Amsoil sponsor..... and added some Amsoil stickers to the bike.

She's starting to look like a racebike!!

pics to come soon
Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #169
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Solutions, You want solutions, I got your Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007

A noob goes Rally Racing

There problem solved
Now start your thread already

Good luck on the Rally Raiding
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #170
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad
A noob goes Rally Racing

There problem solved
Now start your thread already

Good luck on the Rally Raiding
someone define Rally Raiding for me now....

Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #171
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta

DAKAR

KotW KINGSOFTHEWEST http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535024

multiple days looooooong distance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rally_raid
Rally Raid, also known as cross country rallying is a form of long distance off-road racing that takes place over several days.[1] Each day may require traveling up to 900 kilometres (560 mi).[1] The length of the event can be 3–15 days.[1] Examples of rally raid races include the Dakar Rally, Central Europe Rally, Spanish Baja, Raid De Himalaya and Russian Baja Northern Forest.[2][1]
The first rally raid run was the Côte-Côte Rally, first held in December 1976.[3]

airborndad screwed with this post 03-22-2010 at 12:43 PM
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #172
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:

Ok brother, I started the thread. You can get the answer in the first post, HERE
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #173
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

I gotta sit down and really read all that!!

Now i get to watch someone else get beat-the-crap-out-of besides me!

Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #174
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad
Rally Raid, also known as cross country rallying is a form of long distance off-road racing that takes place over several days.[1] Each day may require traveling up to 900 kilometres (560 mi).[1] The length of the event can be 3–15 days.[1] Examples of rally raid races include the Dakar Rally, Central Europe Rally, Spanish Baja, Raid De Himalaya and Russian Baja Northern Forest.[2][1]
The first rally raid run was the Côte-Côte Rally, first held in December 1976.[3]

hell, I dont know if I would be ready for that after YEARS of riding..... well maybe years.

I would think that DAKAR style racing via motorcycle is just about the hardest thing any human could embark on......
Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #175
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,954
Quote:
ya that sounds like a blast! How exactly do those go anyways? I know they are time keeping events....

unfortuntely, the next race ill have time for is on april 11..... gotta get back on the wagon for fitness here NOW.... actually running a 5k tomorrow!

Well, for your first time, they go like you get on a minute with me and follow me as much as you can. I had a good day yesterday, considering I lost my front brake pads just after the 2nd check and got a minute behind for the next three checks I borrowed some pads from a friend during the break and went out on the 2nd loop, dropped 10 points, all on the last check.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #176
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike
Well, for your first time, they go like you get on a minute with me and follow me as much as you can. I had a good day yesterday, considering I lost my front brake pads just after the 2nd check and got a minute behind for the next three checks I borrowed some pads from a friend during the break and went out on the 2nd loop, dropped 10 points, all on the last check.
so how did you do - sans front brakes for half the race?!
Quote:
Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #177
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Quote:
so how did you do - sans front brakes for half the race?!
Won't know for a few days. They have to tally all the score cards.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #178
mikem9
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,195
Eatpasta - great thread. Enjoy your insights and also learning about your Western desert style races. Let me ask you and the other desert guys this - in the front of the thread several guys were trashing your BRP as a bad choice. I thought the XR650 was the bike of choice for a lot of desert racers. At least a few years ago? Just curious. I had the pleasure to ride part of the Baja 1000 course a few years ago and the XR650's seemed to be the bike of choice there.

PS - I love the shot of your bike before one of your races and it still had the mirror. Did you leave it on for the race?
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #179
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9
Eatpasta - great thread. Enjoy your insights and also learning about your Western desert style races. Let me ask you and the other desert guys this - in the front of the thread several guys were trashing your BRP as a bad choice. I thought the XR650 was the bike of choice for a lot of desert racers. At least a few years ago? Just curious. I had the pleasure to ride part of the Baja 1000 course a few years ago and the XR650's seemed to be the bike of choice there.

PS - I love the shot of your bike before one of your races and it still had the mirror. Did you leave it on for the race?
I'll take this one. The Baja 1000 and D37 Club races are two entirely different animals. Baja is long and fast, and you are racing on roads, however shitty they may be, they are roads that 4 wheeled vehicles are racing on as well. The BRP is well suited for those situations.

D37 on the other hand, are sprints by comparison. They range from 70 to 100 miles in length, and the second loops of most races are negotiable by motorcycles only, in other words the clubs tend to find the most heinous shit they can and send you through it. It's doable with the BRP, but there are better tools for the job. At this time, AJ is only required to do the fist loop, so he hasn't had to drag his 300 lb bike down a 8 or 10 foot rock waterfall... yet
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #180
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oh, I almost forgot. You don't start one bike every minute either, everyone lines up in a row dead engine and goes for it when they drop the banner.

Search youtube for D37, and you will find some good videos.