ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #391
beaney
rally racer
 
beaney's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: uk, or on a rally.
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
Congrats with a beautiful bike, Gerhard!
You'll absolutely love this thing as a gravel touring tool.

regards
Eskil
I curse the day I sold mine.
__________________
690 enduro/ rally
350 exc
RALLY-RAIDPRODUCTS.CO.UK
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #392
smokeeater495
Studly Adventurer
 
smokeeater495's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: N.E. Indiana
Oddometer: 598
How about some pics and info on the bike in the back?

[IMG][/IMG][/QUOTE]
__________________
Harley, been there done that. Don't want to be a pirate.
smokeeater495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #393
Thunder Dan
Studly Adventurer
 
Thunder Dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 714
690 RR Muffler Dimensions

G'day Guys,

Could I trouble any of you for a couple of dimensions of the mufflers? Preferrably from a 2008 model, but will consider measurements from any of the 690 models. Ideally, I need:

Diameter of the Muffler =
Length of the Muffler (not inc tip) =
Exhaust Tip / Opening Diameter =

I've found a local manufacturer who can produce something similar, so any help with dimensions would be helpful & greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan.
Thunder Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #394
johnno950
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dan View Post
G'day Guys,

Could I trouble any of you for a couple of dimensions of the mufflers? Preferrably from a 2008 model, but will consider measurements from any of the 690 models. Ideally, I need:

Diameter of the Muffler =
Length of the Muffler (not inc tip) =
Exhaust Tip / Opening Diameter =

I've found a local manufacturer who can produce something similar, so any help with dimensions would be helpful & greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan.
Will get you some measurements and post tomorrow nite......loudest cans in the world
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #395
Thunder Dan
Studly Adventurer
 
Thunder Dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Will get you some measurements and post tomorrow nite......loudest cans in the world
G'day Johnno,

That would be great. Just out of curiosity, what year model is your's?


Cheers,

Dan.
Thunder Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #396
johnno950
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dan View Post
G'day Johnno,

That would be great. Just out of curiosity, what year model is your's?


Cheers,

Dan.
Hi dan,its a 08.Got the short cans on my model.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #397
dune73
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 8
Hello guys, I'm Andrea from Italy... i'm reading this thread from the beginning but i never reply... i'm an owner of 690RFR directly coming from KTM racing team, but unfortunately before selling to me the rebuild like standard. After my last african race (Pharaon Rally 2011) i had decided to modify my bike like 450 RFR with smaller rear tank and special battery support for 690 electric equipment... My hobby is to modify bike and build special spare parts for rally bike. Actually i had builded the complete nav tower exact copy of original, lower skid plate made by barbon/kevlar more hard than original, front lower mudguard made by Carbon/kevla, more hard and light and a little hight than original to save the problem with mud.
I had made special oil cooler to fix in original position ... very good product...
.. and "dulcis in fundo" the lower single exhaust system like 450RFR but with the dimension for 690 Engine.. to complete the equipment for rally race i had fixed on the lower skid plate 2 water tank for total 3 lIter.














dune73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #398
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,614
That is beautiful work. Very nice craftsmanship
Did u cut the frame to add the enduro tank or some other way?
Also how has the single header/exhaust affected the power of the 690?
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream-let them...Meoni
Pete640 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #399
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
DRjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunshine coast qld
Oddometer: 4,927
Very nice
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #400
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer
 
italrally's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by dune73 View Post
Hello guys, I'm Andrea from Italy... i'm reading this thread from the beginning but i never reply... i'm an owner of 690RFR directly coming from KTM racing team, but unfortunately before selling to me the rebuild like standard. After my last african race (Pharaon Rally 2011) i had decided to modify my bike like 450 RFR with smaller rear tank and special battery support for 690 electric equipment... My hobby is to modify bike and build special spare parts for rally bike. Actually i had builded the complete nav tower exact copy of original, lower skid plate made by barbon/kevlar more hard than original, front lower mudguard made by Carbon/kevla, more hard and light and a little hight than original to save the problem with mud.
I had made special oil cooler to fix in original position ... very good product...
.. and "dulcis in fundo" the lower single exhaust system like 450RFR but with the dimension for 690 Engine.. to complete the equipment for rally race i had fixed on the lower skid plate 2 water tank for total 3 lIter.















Ciao Andrea,

b r a v i s s i m o e s t u p e n d o lavoro
Could you make me a front fender too ? price ?
Michele
ma@worldwide-offroad-adventures.com
__________________
RallyRaid stuff and MD & MIGTEC roadbooks & RNS - Trip Computer & Alu-Supports & Carbonfibre plates for sale !!!
Design your own personal KENNY Rally Raid jacket !!!
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #401
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables
 
Gros Buck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by dune73 View Post
Hello guys, I'm Andrea from Italy...
Fantastic work !!!!

Paul Jr 8
__________________
KTM690r 2011
Gros Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #402
dune73
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 8
Hello, thanks for all compliments received... this job it's my passion!! to fit the rear tank i had cutted the frame and build new support on the frame for the tank (see attached picture), if i will decide to fit the old i must use two different spacer into the lower support of the original tank.. When i tested the byke i didn't found different result... probably little bit "sweet" than original... it's a best for me... i will test completely next week on Pharaons Rally...


For Michele: Fronf fender made by carbon : 275,00 Euro

Front fender made by fiber: 215,00 Euro




dune73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #403
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer
 
Evil Invader's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Hell-sing-land, Sweden
Oddometer: 642
Thumb

Really nice!
Really, REALLY nice!!!!!!
__________________
690 "DIY" thread (incl. "Rallybike build"): http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708813

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #404
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,614
Hello Dune,

Can you tell me if you are able to make the single header for the 690 to fit the original rear tank - and if so how much $$$.
I would like to have a single exhaust and lose the weight of the 2 heavy OEM parts. Please PM me if you do not want to reply in this thread.

Thank you
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream-let them...Meoni
Pete640 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #405
SJN75
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: South Africa
Oddometer: 12
Howzit guys,

Some good info here regarding the clutch problems (shuddering) I thought only I was experiencing. I will be following 690RR's advice and install the components as per his recommendations and report back here.

Here is a pic of mine in the meantime.

Err....Correction.."You may not post attachments" Seems I will have to hang fire with that in the meantime, anyway nice to see this thread and "subscribe". Guess I need more posts.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/a...age00007-1.jpg

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/a...Image00006.jpg

SJN75 screwed with this post 09-28-2012 at 03:58 AM Reason: Pics added
SJN75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014