ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #571
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post

where do I get these Acerbis dust lights?
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #572
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer
 
italrally's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
where do I get these Acerbis dust lights?

KTM parts 690 RR

__________________
RallyRaid stuff and MD & MIGTEC roadbooks & RNS - Trip Computer & Alu-Supports & Carbonfibre plates for sale !!!
Design your own personal KENNY Rally Raid jacket !!!
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #573
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer
 
italrally's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeri View Post
Which part do you mean? Position 12?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....&c=0&d=-CLUTCH

I didn't need to remove that part. I just removed the pressure plate (Position 4) to exchange the discs and installed it, in the same position like it was before. There is a small hole in the pressure plate and on the inner clutch hub (position 9) a mark. I dont know if they belong together, but on my engine they have been on top of each other.

Still need the torque of the screws position 1 in the drawing.
I think, torque is 10 NM for the clutch spring screws, have a look to the normal RR manual.

Perfect Gerald, nobody of the other guys with the clutch solutions told here that exactly like you with the two marks at the parts 4 and 9.
So may be i don't need 10 hours to solve the problem.
__________________
RallyRaid stuff and MD & MIGTEC roadbooks & RNS - Trip Computer & Alu-Supports & Carbonfibre plates for sale !!!
Design your own personal KENNY Rally Raid jacket !!!
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #574
Bruno T .
N8YQ
 
Bruno T .'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Detroit area, MI
Oddometer: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally View Post
I think, torque is 10 NM for the clutch spring screws,
Yes, 10 Nm is correct.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #575
daGeri
Adventurer
 
daGeri's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Yes, 10 Nm is correct.
Thank you Bruno and Michele
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #576
Bruno T .
N8YQ
 
Bruno T .'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Detroit area, MI
Oddometer: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Friend has had a fantastic paint job done on his rr,went and had a look today
Cyril Despres 07 copy, I like it.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #577
F650Dakar_Norway OP
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeri View Post
Which part do you mean? Position 12?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....&c=0&d=-CLUTCH

I didn't need to remove that part. I just removed the pressure plate (Position 4) to exchange the discs and installed it, in the same position like it was before. There is a small hole in the pressure plate and on the inner clutch hub (position 9) a mark. I dont know if they belong together, but on my engine they have been on top of each other.
This was a mystery to me too. Allow me to clarify - ( english is not my best language for technical descriptions.... ):

Part # 4 - pressure plate is the culprit that needs proper alignment with that small hole versus the mark on # 9 inner clutch hub.

I waited until a meeting in august before installing these parts - and promptly failed to notice these marks during late hours. Took a full night to curse through... and paid the price by being thoroughly ridiculed for coming 10 hours late for that meeting and missing the good riding opportunities )

Good job before someone told me about these mysterious marks over a month later on this forum

This motorcycle is still a bit mysterious - courtesy of KTM Racing secrecy, but we learn a bit every year between us happy owners
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #578
daGeri
Adventurer
 
daGeri's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 34
I have been bored when I came home from work and anyway I had to open the clutchcover again becasue I fastened the screws with the wrong torque. So I made some pictures for you.

The “How to” of the clutch modification described by „690RR“


Which parts do I need?

1x 75032111100 Lining disc cut out (28,20€)
1x 58632016000 Rondella AntiVibration Set (41,77€)


Which tools do I need?

o) Driver Drill with ¾” adapter for socket’s or manual wrench
o) small extension (not necessary! But it makes working a little bit more comfortable)
o) 8mm socket
o) 5mm HEX
o) 2 small flat screwdrivers
o) Torque wrench






How much time will I need?

About 15-30 Minutes.



Can I do it when I’m no mechanic?

Ask yourself a question. “Am I able to change the light bulbs of my bike?” If the answer is yes, go on.



1, Clean the bike!


2, You don't need to drain the oil. Just leave the bike on the sidestand. No oil will leak from the small clutch cover.


3, Remove the 6 screws ( 5mm hex ) of the small clutch cover





5, Loose the 6 ( 8mm socket ) screws on the clutch compressing the springs. You don’t need to take them out. Just loose all of them and remove the hole cover.
I also marked the hole I mentioned. Our mysterious “mark” on the pressure plate?! J








What I marked here is the “mark” I could see on the inner clutch hub. As I said. I’m not sure if they really belong together but my clutch worked well after assembling everything.





6, Remove all the discs. I used two small flat screwdrivers. Worked quite well. If someone has a better way please let me know.





That should be on your workbench now (already without the last lining disc!)



7, Leave the most inner lining disc away and put the new one in the clutch hub. 75032111100 Lining disc cut out
Can anyone please let me know if it should be covered with oil before? I heared that you should put a clutch into oil before installing. Anyway I put a littlie bit on.

Here you can see the difference of the old and the new one. The new one has a bigger inner diameter.



8, Now you have to take care. The AntiVibration Set includes two disks. A thin (0,6 mm) flat one and a thicker (1,5mm) one with an angle. First insert the thin flat one and then the thicker angled one. The angled one needs the INNER diameter looking INSIDE the engine the OHTER diameter OUTSIDE. I tried to make a picture for you but it was impossible with my camera. Hope you understand it anyway.

What you will have now looks like this.




9, Put all the discs in again in their previous position.
(WITHOUT THE INNER LINING DISC WE ALREADY EXCHANGED WITH THE NEW ONE)


10, Put the pressure plate on (take care that the marks are on top of each other and fasten the 6 screws with 10 Nm using a torque wrench.

11, Close the small clutch cover with the 6 screws 6 Nm




Got it? :-)

daGeri screwed with this post 03-18-2013 at 03:10 PM
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #579
F650Dakar_Norway OP
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 960
Thumb

Excellent, daGeri. Nobody ever visualized this to me before. Thanks

My only commentary is that you don't need to lay the bike on its side. Both me and Vlado ( inmate 690rr ) successfully did the mod simply with the bike on its sidestand. No oil will leak - trust us on that one
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #580
daGeri
Adventurer
 
daGeri's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
Excellent, daGeri. Nobody ever visualized this to me before. Thanks

My only commentary is that you don't need to lay the bike on its side. Both me and Vlado ( inmate 690rr ) successfully did the mod simply with the bike on its sidestand. No oil will leak - trust us on that one
Perfekt. So you should be able to do it in 10 Minutes
Thank you for mentioning that! I will delete the point above.
daGeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #581
shebanano
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 41
Muchas gracias, many thanks, muchas gracias, many thanks,muchas gracias, many thanks,muchas gracias, many thanks,muchas gracias, many thanks,muchas gracias, many thanks,muchas gracias, many thanks,muchas gracias, many thanks,

I have long been following this issue, but the problems of understanding the language I was afraid to do the work and mess something up by not understanding the explanations.
Tomorrow I'm going to KTM dealer to order the parts to do the repair myself. Thank you very much to all.
shebanano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #582
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer
 
italrally's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeri View Post
I have been bored when I came home from work and anyway I had to open the clutchcover again becasue I fastened the screws with the wrong torque. So I made some pictures for you.

The “How to” of the clutch modification described by „690RR“


Which parts do I need?

1x 75032111100 Lining disc cut out (28,20€)
1x 58632016000 Rondella AntiVibration Set (41,77€)


Which tools do I need?

o) Driver Drill with ¾” adapter for socket’s or manual wrench
o) small extension (not necessary! But it makes working a little bit more comfortable)
o) 8mm socket
o) 5mm HEX
o) 2 small flat screwdrivers
o) Torque wrench






How much time will I need?

About 15-30 Minutes.



Can I do it when I’m no mechanic?

Ask yourself a question. “Am I able to change the light bulbs of my bike?” If the answer is yes, go on.



1, Clean the bike!


2, You don't need to drain the oil. Just leave the bike on the sidestand. No oil will leak from the small clutch cover.


3, Remove the 6 screws ( 5mm hex ) of the small clutch cover





5, Loose the 6 ( 8mm socket ) screws on the clutch compressing the springs. You don’t need to take them out. Just loose all of them and remove the hole cover.
I also marked the hole I mentioned. Our mysterious “mark” on the pressure plate?! J








What I marked here is the “mark” I could see on the inner clutch hub. As I said. I’m not sure if they really belong together but my clutch worked well after assembling everything.





6, Remove all the discs. I used two small flat screwdrivers. Worked quite well. If someone has a better way please let me know.





That should be on your workbench now (already without the last lining disc!)



7, Leave the most inner lining disc away and put the new one in the clutch hub. 75032111100 Lining disc cut out
Can anyone please let me know if it should be covered with oil before? I heared that you should put a clutch into oil before installing. Anyway I put a littlie bit on.

Here you can see the difference of the old and the new one. The new one has a bigger inner diameter.



8, Now you have to take care. The AntiVibration Set includes two disks. A thin (0,6 mm) flat one and a thicker (1,5mm) one with an angle. First insert the thin flat one and then the thicker angled one. The angled one needs the INNER diameter looking INSIDE the engine the OHTER diameter OUTSIDE. I tried to make a picture for you but it was impossible with my camera. Hope you understand it anyway.

What you will have now looks like this.




9, Put all the discs in again in their previous position.
(WITHOUT THE INNER LINING DISC WE ALREADY EXCHANGED WITH THE NEW ONE)


10, Put the pressure plate on (take care that the marks are on top of each other and fasten the 6 screws with 10 Nm using a torque wrench.

11, Close the small clutch cover with the 6 screws 6 Nm




Got it? :-)
Gerdi, what a perfect description, will try it next weekend on my bike again.
I give you that
Hopefully the ugly white stuff lying around the streets has gone finally
__________________
RallyRaid stuff and MD & MIGTEC roadbooks & RNS - Trip Computer & Alu-Supports & Carbonfibre plates for sale !!!
Design your own personal KENNY Rally Raid jacket !!!
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #583
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Spain
Oddometer: 117
Perfect!!! This "how to" is very interesting, even for those, like myself, that do not own a 690R ;-)
Johnnyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #584
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer
 
italrally's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyktm View Post
Perfect!!! This "how to" is very interesting, even for those, like myself, that do not own a 690R ;-)
Sorry, it's not for the 690 R it's for the famous 690 RR !!!
__________________
RallyRaid stuff and MD & MIGTEC roadbooks & RNS - Trip Computer & Alu-Supports & Carbonfibre plates for sale !!!
Design your own personal KENNY Rally Raid jacket !!!
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #585
Gerduro
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
where do I get these Acerbis dust lights?
I swapped to the LED ones like on the 450 RR. You can buy them for 15 Euro and they have two connections a) Rear Light and b) Brake Light. If you connect the brake light as dust light nobody will miss you in the dust.

The Acerbis are very poor and dont add much more safety. I still have a old set somewhere if you really want them ....

Gerduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014