Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #106
USAIR
picking and riding

Oddometer: 1,449
I need a little help please.

Bike ---- WR250R 2013
Handle Bars ----- Pro Taper EVO YZ high

Ordering online trying to figure out what I need.
Here's what I have so far.
I think I'm correct on my selections...just not sure on lower clamp.
Red is my selection

Choose Your Top Clamp Bolt Pattern*
100 x 38/40mm

Upgrade Your Top Clamp
ADVdx Top Clamp, Fat Bars Only Add $25

Choose Your Shield Color*
Black

Add Lower Clamps
12mm Bolt Lower Clamp Medium 2 1/8" Add $38 ------------------EDIT -----After getting a call from HDB they straighten me out and ordered whats in red (Here's where I have trouble---not sure which I need???)

Add Black Anodize
Add Black Anodize,Set W/Guards Add $25

Two Mirrors Add $50

----EDIT-----
This is what I ordered above for the 2013 WR I'll let you guys know how everything worked out.

Thanks

Fred
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut

USAIR screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 06:56 AM
USAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #107
crjdirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
lower clamp

You're going to love this set up.

copied and pasted this from an email from HDB when I purchased for my 2011 wr250r

the top clamp goes to 100x38/40mm w/fat bars and the lowers will be with a 12mm through bolt.

Hope this helps
crjdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #108
USAIR
picking and riding

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjdirt View Post
You're going to love this set up.

copied and pasted this from an email from HDB when I purchased for my 2011 wr250r

the top clamp goes to 100x38/40mm w/fat bars and the lowers will be with a 12mm through bolt.

Hope this helps
Thank you that answered my question.

Now just hope cables are long enough with the high bars.
The lowers I ordered are 2 1/8.

Fred
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut
USAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #109
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Oddometer: 873
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the prompt service. FYI - the "ADV" top clamp does not work on a '13 F800GS. Due to it's size, when turning, the lower corners encroach in the space of the ignition key guard. I imagine it would only take a few lock to lock turns before the key guard would fail.
After loosely mounting it on the bar clamps, I held the guards to their mount points while turning and they'll hit the stock screen 1"-2" before hitting the steering stops.
Also, are these intended to use the stock bar-end weights? (no instructions provided, not that it's needed but would help to clarify)
I really want to use these without hacking off screens and key guards.. Please advise.

Paul S.
Shooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #110
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooby View Post
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the prompt service. FYI - the "ADV" top clamp does not work on a '13 F800GS. Due to it's size, when turning, the lower corners encroach in the space of the ignition key guard. I imagine it would only take a few lock to lock turns before the key guard would fail.
After loosely mounting it on the bar clamps, I held the guards to their mount points while turning and they'll hit the stock screen 1"-2" before hitting the steering stops.
Also, are these intended to use the stock bar-end weights? (no instructions provided, not that it's needed but would help to clarify)
I really want to use these without hacking off screens and key guards.. Please advise.

Paul S.
Can you adjust your steering stops to keep the gaurds from contacting the screen?

Also, since the hand guards tap into the end of the bar I'm going to guess it's a no go on keeping the bar end weights.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #111
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Hi Paul,

Paul S.
If you can Paul can you post up a pic of the screen clearance. I added Rox 2" risers to my '13 800 gs and don't think I will have clearance issues with stock key placement. However I did not think about screen clearance and am waiting a response from HDB on the stock bar weights. They did have a "Kit" listed on there website under top clamp bolt pattern for F800/650 GS not sure or not if you chose that option as its 30 bucks and I didn't see any notes regarding it.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #112
Shooby
Anti-Cager

HDB’s Ultimate Handguards and 10% discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Can you adjust your steering stops to keep the gaurds from contacting the screen?.
Negative, they're cast tabs on the neck & fork brace.
I've read others had the same issue with stock and aftermarket, but they were pre '13, so I was hoping against hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Also, since the hand guards tap into the end of the bar I'm going to guess it's a no go on keeping the bar end weights.
This pic is off HDB site gallery. Earlier model. Appears these weights were a custom cut. Paul, do you supply these or do I cut my stockers ?

Shooby screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 05:33 PM
Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #113
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
If you can Paul can you post up a pic of the screen clearance. I added Rox 2" risers to my '13 800 gs and don't think I will have clearance issues with stock key placement. However I did not think about screen clearance and am waiting a response from HDB on the stock bar weights. They did have a "Kit" listed on there website under top clamp bolt pattern for F800/650 GS not sure or not if you chose that option as its 30 bucks and I didn't see any notes regarding it.
I'll mock it up again tonight for pics.

"Kit" - didn't see it and should have asked more questions over the phone.

Agreed, with risers it shouldn't have clearance issues to the key guard. I'll get pics of that as well.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #114
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:

This pic is off HDB site gallery. Earlier model. Appears these weights were a custom cut. Paul, do you supply these or do I cut my stockers?
Just got an email reply. They supply bar ends.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #115
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Emailing now...
Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #116
Shooby
Anti-Cager

HDB’s Ultimate Handguards and 10% discount

Top clamp not as extreme as first mock up, It touches, but just. The key guard flexes slightly so a little sanding and it will clear.

I turned the bars aft a bit ( which is more comfortable for me anyway) and the bars clear the screen by 1/4".

Initially, I believe I had the top clamp tilted forward which turned the bars downward and into the wider part of the screen.

In short, before you post up,
"measure twice, cut once"

Now, how long before I scrub off the anodized black? :-)

Shooby screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 06:32 PM
Old 11-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #117
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Hey Paul;

Thanks for getting my nice shiny orange handguards to me so quickly!

Cheers!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #118
empedrado
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Nice fit and finish

Just finished installing the handguards on my 500EXC, everthing went smoothly and I am very happy with my decision to go with this set up. My only regret is that I wish I had gone with the black handguard shields vs the orange. I mounted some small led lights in the shields and the amber on orange is not nearly as visable as amber on black would have been. Unfortunately the freight to purchase a set of black shields now is almost as much as the replacement handguards. Need to keep thinking about what else I might need.
empedrado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #119
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Thanks Paul, appreciate your prompt attention and quality hardware.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #120
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
KTM 1190 R Adv

Paul: email sent. Need a set with mirrors for my new ride.
Ted
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote