Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #121
Holaday
Man of Leisure

Oddometer: 588
Mounted mine up today

Thanks Paul. Awesome product.

Soon as your born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time!!!

Checkout my Ride Reports:

Baja

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405461

Kootenays

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614464
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #122
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 600
Thanks for the over the top customer service!!

I was installing a Scott's damper in preperation for a AZBDR ride in 10 days and found out the upper triple clamp from Scott's has a different width bolt pattern then my existing HDB guards.

I emailed them and got a very prompt response and they more then surpassed my expectations! Problem solved.

Thanks for a top notch product and customer service too!

FYI - I have Baja tested these handguards with some pretty healthy crashes on my 90SE and no damage to the bars, levers or throttle.

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #123
Zojirushi
Surly Sailor

Oddometer: 97
Any idea when the store will be back up?
Old 05-31-2014, 05:25 AM   #124
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 3,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojirushi View Post
Any idea when the store will be back up?

Web page
is up this morning
Old 05-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #125
Zojirushi
Surly Sailor

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post

Web page
is up this morning
Yes, it is! No idea why it was down yesterday. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #126
oldschoolsdime92
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Just ordered a set for my wr250x. I can't wait to get them installed!

Ohio
oldschoolsdime92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #127
InRoostWeTrust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Where do I find the turn signal LED pods for the HDB hand guards?
I've seen'm but can't find'm!

I thought I saw them with a machined aluminum backer/mounting plate..

Also, what the smallest (quality) rear amber LED turn signal turn signal available out there outside Sicass?

Thanks for any help!

Roost!
InRoostWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #128
tenyamman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAIR View Post
I need a little help please.

Bike ---- WR250R 2013
Handle Bars ----- Pro Taper EVO YZ high

Ordering online trying to figure out what I need.
Here's what I have so far.
I think I'm correct on my selections...just not sure on lower clamp.
Red is my selection

Choose Your Top Clamp Bolt Pattern*
100 x 38/40mm

Upgrade Your Top Clamp
ADVdx Top Clamp, Fat Bars Only Add $25

Choose Your Shield Color*
Black

Add Lower Clamps
12mm Bolt Lower Clamp Medium 2 1/8" Add $38 ------------------EDIT -----After getting a call from HDB they straighten me out and ordered whats in red (Here's where I have trouble---not sure which I need???)

Add Black Anodize
Add Black Anodize,Set W/Guards Add $25

Two Mirrors Add $50

----EDIT-----
This is what I ordered above for the 2013 WR I'll let you guys know how everything worked out.

Thanks

Fred

i'm also looking at a HDG setup but can i ask a quick question concerning the WR250R ignition key.
i can't get my key into the steering lock position......can only get in to start & turn off positions........
question is can i get the key out with this HDG setup installed?

thanks for help in advance
tenyamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #129
Brilloman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
KTM 690 Enduro

Can anyone tell me if the bolt pattern on the Scott's sub mount clamp for the KTM 690 Enduro is the same as the stock 90 x 38/40 bolt pattern?

Also, which computer mount 2 lamp or 4 lamp? I thought I counted 3 lamps??
Brilloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #130
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilloman View Post
Also, which computer mount 2 lamp or 4 lamp? I thought I counted 3 lamps??

Might depend on year. They change the computers sometimes, and lights and buttons are different.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #131
Brilloman
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Might depend on year. They change the computers sometimes, and lights and buttons are different.
Mine is a 2014. I was hoping someone from HDB would jump in here and tell me since this thread is in the vendors section.

I have to say I am a little disappointed in HDB's customer service. I just wanted to call them up and tell them what I wanted and order it. I couldn't find a phone number for them so I had to email them. I received a reply pointing me to the "template" page of their website basically telling me to figure it out myself which sucks because potentially, I have 3 bikes that I need to buy handguards for.

I guess I am just going to skip the computer mount for now. Now if only I could figure out how to order an additional powerlet socket in the top clamp....
Old 01-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #132
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,985
Quote:
Mine is a 2014. I was hoping someone from HDB would jump in here and tell me since this thread is in the vendors section.

I have to say I am a little disappointed in HDB's customer service. I just wanted to call them up and tell them what I wanted and order it. I couldn't find a phone number for them so I had to email them. I received a reply pointing me to the "template" page of their website basically telling me to figure it out myself which sucks because potentially, I have 3 bikes that I need to buy handguards for.

I guess I am just going to skip the computer mount for now. Now if only I could figure out how to order an additional powerlet socket in the top clamp....
I screwed up on my last order with them and ended up returning a bunch of stuff. Then they sent me some free stuff to try...I give them two thumbs up for customer service!

"Comparison is the thief of joy" - TR (the good Roosevelt)

'14 690R
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #133
Brilloman
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
I screwed up on my last order with them and ended up returning a bunch of stuff. Then they sent me some free stuff to try...I give them two thumbs up for customer service!
Were you ever able to speak with anyone on the phone? All I want to do is speak with a knowledgeable individual on the phone so I can get the right stuff ordered the first time.

BTW- I live pretty close to you.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #134
PeeinOffThePorch
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:

Mike,

I do apologize you are unhappy with our customer service and not having a phone number on the site. We have tried to advertise a phone number on the site and it literally lasted a day and a half on the site before we had to remove it. We do not call every customer that emails us, but if requested we do.

We are a small operation and are now busy year round, having to answer a phone all day can slow production to a crawl which is crippling to a small business like us. Stated on the home page of our site we are already at a week delay for shipping due to high demand.

That being said we try to keep all interactions to email since it's a variable that we can control and allows us to direct the customer to links and pages on the site that usually answers all of their questions. However when a customer requests a phone call because either it is something not answered on the site or there is an urgent need to speak with someone we kindly oblige and will share time with them on the phone.

I looked through our email interaction and no where did you request a phone call, you asked what size top clamp you would need for your bike and that was when I directed you to our template guide which will assist you to measure which size you would need to remove all doubt and avoid having to ship parts back and forth. That was the last interaction that we had and you never requested a call or mentioned that you were unhappy with our level of customer service. If you have any questions please let me know and I would be happy to help you with anything that you need.

Thanks,

Derek
PeeinOffThePorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #135
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,985
Quote:
Were you ever able to speak with anyone on the phone? All I want to do is speak with a knowledgeable individual on the phone so I can get the right stuff ordered the first time.

BTW- I live pretty close to you.
Looks like Peeinoffthe porch beat me to the reply. I actually was able to speak to Paul directly last year, but to be clear, I found what I needed on the web, and they were very prompt in answering my email questions. I returned parts because I went super tall on my risers so I could stand with ease, but then I couldn't get my weight transferred forward enough when riding tight single track. My bad. One reason that I will eventually go with an HDB setup on my 690 is that tight single track is off the menu with a 690. With these smaller, entusiast type companies, they just can't afford the time and manpower to spend a lot of phone time and still sell the parts we want at a fair price. My $0.02, not their stated opinion.

Yeah, I'll bet it was you I saw on an 1190 on Hwy 54 the other day. let's catch up and ride. My normal riding partner has a 690 as well, plus a 350. I'm no genius, but I've been at this for a while and would be happy to lend a hand while you are throwing mods at the bike. I'll send you a PM.

"Comparison is the thief of joy" - TR (the good Roosevelt)

'14 690R
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote