ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #136
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 932
Question

i suer hope Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara, are some good tires. i just bought a new set. i have searched the world over for the maxxis c6006 set that i have now and love so mutch. but there no longer making them !! no one has them. i have had 3 orders cancled this week on them tires. anyone have any input on the Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara? guess i will find out soon.

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #137
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature
Here's yer new tag.

Been too many of these in town. Riding in town is the suck. Some decent riding out where this one is.

Happy Hunting!

Friday bump...

Weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow.

Robs tag is getting old and smelly. Sombody replace it with a shiney new one.
Drowsy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #138
bmwblake
upside down parker

Oddometer: 3,276
i have a 5 day old. i'll be out of the tag game for a bit. i think we need some new players to step up.
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #139
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
Wow. Congrats!

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #140
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Hey, congrats. I think you may be out of action for longer than a "bit". Is this your first?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #141
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwblake
i have a 5 day old. i'll be out of the tag game for a bit. i think we need some new players to step up.
Congrats!

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #142
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwblake
way to go man !!! and the best to you !

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #143
bmwblake
upside down parker

it's our 2nd. i'm sure i'll be a commuting only riding for a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowsy Dave
Hey, congrats. I think you may be out of action for longer than a "bit". Is this your first?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #144
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

So no clean consensus on file photos.

I've looked at some of the other threads and some allow file photos and some don't. I'm sort of torn on this now after some thought. Really because the idea behind the tag game in the first place is to give ya a reason to get out and ride when you might not otherwise...not take a trip down memory lane. Or give ya a mission if ya get bored with just riding...as if. Or just to get you out of the house. Even if it's cold...all the more reason for the game in the Winter. And if you have to go get a new tag, you probably stay out longer. That's the point, right? To ride?

Anyway...just a thought. I think out loud sometimes. It doesn't always work out . And this isn't my game...it belongs to everyone who plays.

So if it's all the same to everyone, I'll leave the rules the way they stand for now.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 AM   #145
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,084
Myself, I feel like with only being able to make new tags and it being so cold, I wouldn't have a chance til Spring.

You guys are just mingling around Nashville so far, and with only 24 hours to get a new tag, and it being so cold, nobody will make it into my neck of the woods.

I'd imagine, as long as the file photo isn't out of date (i.e. building in picture no longer existing) then I'd be fine with it.
assquatch20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #146
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,115
Quote:

I've looked at some of the other threads and some allow file photos and some don't. I'm sort of torn on this now after some thought. Really because the idea behind the tag game in the first place is to give ya a reason to get out and ride when you might not otherwise...not take a trip down memory lane. Or give ya a mission if ya get bored with just riding...as if. Or just to get you out of the house. Even if it's cold...all the more reason for the game in the Winter. And if you have to go get a new tag, you probably stay out longer. That's the point, right? To ride?

Anyway...just a thought. I think out loud sometimes. It doesn't always work out . And this isn't my game...it belongs to everyone who plays.

So if it's all the same to everyone, I'll leave the rules the way they stand for now.
I agree and I had good intentions of getting out Thursday and duplicating your above tag but the cold kept me in. I figured I could add a file photo with another bike after that ride but felt that a current photo showing the copy of of the old tag would really set a standard.
But I too was thinking out loud.

Cool idea because most of my outings are solo and in the spur of the moment, this would give me just another excuse to get out more.
IF Eric Clapton was God, Joe Bonamassa would be his Son.
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #147
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Quote:

Groovy man...

The use of file photos would speed the game up and most likely spread it out over a larger area as well but those things will happen anyway as the weather improves so...meh
Old 02-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #148
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20
Myself, I feel like with only being able to make new tags and it being so cold, I wouldn't have a chance til Spring.

You guys are just mingling around Nashville so far, and with only 24 hours to get a new tag, and it being so cold, nobody will make it into my neck of the woods.
I dunno about y'all, but I'm thinking this Winter has been pretty unconventional. I usually ride through the Winter, but this one has been REALLY cold and REALLY wet/snowy. It's the most winterlike Winter I can recall. Typically we'd have quite a few almost if not above 50 degree days tossed in, but those have been rare.

But we are in an El Niño year . Kinda expected the moisture, but the real cold...not so much

Old 02-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #149
bmwblake
upside down parker

agreed. i rarely commute by car and there have been a few weeks that have been totally bikeless due to below freezing temps and wetness. i don't mind cold, but i draw the line at really cold and really wet at the same time.

Quote:
I dunno about y'all, but I'm thinking this Winter has been pretty unconventional. I usually ride through the Winter, but this one has been REALLY cold and REALLY wet/snowy. It's the most winterlike Winter I can recall. Typically we'd have quite a few almost if not above 50 degree days tossed in, but those have been rare.

But we are in an El Niño year . Kinda expected the moisture, but the real cold...not so much
Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #150
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 590
Not sure if this has been tagged or not, if not it is "removed upon request as it is a secret". So, if not already tagged do i get to post a file pic or not

Quote:
Here's yer new tag.

Been too many of these in town. Riding in town is the suck. Some decent riding out where this one is.

Happy Hunting!

Thumper996 screwed with this post 02-14-2010 at 05:52 PM
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote