ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #151
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper996
Not sure if this has been tagged or not, if not it is ........
Well, the idea here isn't to tell everyone where it is. I guess that needs to be spelled out.

And you didn't tag it. To tag it, you have to ride your bike there and take your own picture. Then you have to go start a new tag within 24 hours. It's all in the first post.

Oh, and any chance you'll change your post to remove the location?

Thanks! And welcome to the game!

rob feature screwed with this post 02-14-2010 at 05:20 PM
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #152
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature
Well, the idea here isn't to tell everyone where it is. I guess that needs to be spelled out.
Humm, i would think that Middle-TN pretty much equates to rule #5, so i don't see where i told where it was at.
"5: Gotta have boundaries. Let's try from the state line north to south; and between the Tennessee River and the Cumberland Plateau for starters. "

Quote:
And you didn't tag it. To tag it, you have to ride your bike there and take your own picture. Then you have to go start a new tag within 24 hours. It's all in the first post.
Well as "removed upon request as it is a secret" is 20 minutes away, i could go there, but i didn't see that detail in the 9 rules. Guess i am new to this and didn't realize i had to ride there in the snow and salt tonight of Monday and take a pic at "removed upon request as it is a secret" with my bike. NOT going to happen...

Quote:
No worries, i just deleted the post all together as i broke rule #1 which means i also broke rule # 4 , problem solved.

Quote:
This is basically the same thing as all the tag-o-ramas out there. Just with a different name. I figgered tag-o-rama was getting well-worn.

I guess we need some rules (subject to change):

1: Your photo must be taken after the new tag is established. (can't just use old photos you have on hand)

2: Your photo must be taken from an area accessible to the public. Let's try and keep it legal.

3: In the interest of as much participation as possible, the area should be accessible to all motorcycles.

4: The winner of a tag makes the next tag; preferably on the same outing to keep the ball rolling. Winner has 24 hours after tagging to post a new tag.

5: Gotta have boundaries. Let's try from the state line north to south; and between the Tennessee River and the Cumberland Plateau for starters.

6: Your bike (or the bike you're riding) must appear in the photo.

7: First poster to this thread wins the tag.

8: Please don't post the whereabouts of or hints to a current tag until someone has tagged it. If a tag just starts taking too long, the original poster may start giving hints.

9: You can't tag your own tag.

I guess that's enough for now. Adjustments can be made if necessary...just speak up...still tweaking the rules to everyone's liking.

And okay, we aren't actually hunting pixels. We're really looking to arrange them in a way so that others will believe that we've been where we say we have. But it had a ring to it.
Needless to say i am not going to get my bikes out on the salted roads, just to get a tag picture in the next 24 hours. Spring, summer and fall would be a better time for this type of 24 hour restriction IMHO.

Thumper996 screwed with this post 02-14-2010 at 05:54 PM
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #153
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 932
Quote:

Thanks! And welcome to the game!

i 2nd that also.... like Rob said. (thanks) and thank you also.

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #154
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Humm, i would think that Middle-TN pretty much equates to rule #5, so i don't see where i told where it was at.
"5: Gotta have boundaries. Let's try from the state line north to south; and between the Tennessee River and the Cumberland Plateau for starters. "

No worries, i just deleted the post all together as i broke rule #1 which means i also broke rule # 4 , problem solved.

Needless to say i am not going to get my bikes out on the salted roads, just to get a tag picture in the next 24 hours. Spring, summer and fall would be a better time for this type of 24 hour restriction IMHO.
What I'm saying is...you posted the location of the current tag. It's still in your post. Post #150. It's sort of supposed to stay a secret until it has been tagged.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #155
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Seriously?

Old 02-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #156
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer: 1,284
Oops...our first tag o rama faux pas.

Thumper, don't sweat it. Just go back and read the first post in the thread.

The idea is to track it down, ride to it, take a pic of your bike in the same location, and then post it to the thread. He who posts first wins. Only then do you give the location. You then have 24 hours to post a new tag along with a clue if you think it's necessary.

Now that you've found it, go get it!
Drowsy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #157
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowsy Dave
Oops...our first tag o rama faux pas.

Thumper, don't sweat it. Just go back and read the first post in the thread.

The idea is to track it down, ride to it, take a pic of your bike in the same location, and then post it to the thread. He who posts first wins. Only then do you give the location. You then have 24 hours to post a new tag along with a clue if you think it's necessary.

Now that you've found it, go get it!

well said dave !! and also a big hello to ya !

Old 02-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #158
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Well as i broke some of the rules (1,4,8) i am out, but i am new to this tag stuff. Where in the rules below does it state i have to ride to the Tag spot and take a tagged picture. I guess i am an Id10t.

Someone else can go to "removed upon request as it is a secret" and i will play again someday when the salt is gone.

I am not riding this out in the salt, 30 degree weather is okay, but salt is not.

Quote:
It's open season in Middle Tennessee. No license required. Your weapon of choice will be some sort of digital camera...be it phone, helmet, SLR, hidden, pocket...doesn't matter. You can take down the elusive pixel with just about any camera. Just get 'em in the frame and shoot. Well, then share.

This is basically the same thing as all the tag-o-ramas out there. Just with a different name. I figgered tag-o-rama was getting well-worn.

I guess we need some rules (subject to change):

1: Your photo must be taken after the new tag is established. (can't just use old photos you have on hand)

2: Your photo must be taken from an area accessible to the public. Let's try and keep it legal.

3: In the interest of as much participation as possible, the area should be accessible to all motorcycles.

4: The winner of a tag makes the next tag; preferably on the same outing to keep the ball rolling. Winner has 24 hours after tagging to post a new tag.

5: Gotta have boundaries. Let's try from the state line north to south; and between the Tennessee River and the Cumberland Plateau for starters.

6: Your bike (or the bike you're riding) must appear in the photo.

7: First poster to this thread wins the tag.

8: Please don't post the whereabouts of or hints to a current tag until someone has tagged it. If a tag just starts taking too long, the original poster may start giving hints.

9: You can't tag your own tag.

I guess that's enough for now. Adjustments can be made if necessary...just speak up...still tweaking the rules to everyone's liking.

And okay, we aren't actually hunting pixels. We're really looking to arrange them in a way so that others will believe that we've been where we say we have. But it had a ring to it.

Happy Hunting!

Google Map of tags past

A really simple explanation of the game:

There should just about always be a current tag. If you wanna play, go find the tag and take a picture of it and your bike. Then post it back to this forum and claim your tag. Then post up a new tag...someone else will go get it. Rinse and repeat.

Thumper996 screwed with this post 02-14-2010 at 05:55 PM
Old 02-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #159
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Quote:
Well as i broke some of the rules (1,4,8) i am out, but i am new to this tag stuff. Where in the rules below does it state i have to ride to the Tag spot and take a tagged picture. I guess i am an Id10t.

Someone else can go to NSS and i will play again someday when the salt is gone.

I am not riding this out in the salt, 30 degree weather is okay, but salt is not.

no salt i dont blame ya. but mudd? dirt? (get just a little bit sideways?) LOL

sweet bike

Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #160
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:

Thats purdy.
Drowsy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #161
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Where in the rules below does it state i have to ride to the Tag spot and take a tagged picture.
You don't. You can toss your bike in the back of your truck and pull it out for the tag if you want . But rule 6 says your bike must appear in the photo. You can't just say where it is. You have to actually go out there and take a picture with your bike in it. Have it shipped to your next tag location if you wish...just post that tag in within 24 hours. That's what the 24 hour rule is all about.

And we're still trying to keep the current location under wraps for now if ya get my drift

Old 02-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #162
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
You don't. You can toss your bike in the back of your truck and pull it out for the tag if you want . But rule 6 says your bike must appear in the photo. You can't just say where it is. You have to actually go out there and take a picture with your bike in it. Have it shipped to your next tag location if you wish...just post that tag in within 24 hours. That's what the 24 hour rule is all about.

And we're still trying to keep the current location under wraps for now if ya get my drift
Well where in Rule #6 does it say you have to go the tag photo location and take a pic of your bike in it.

Just mentioning it, looking at other Tag and tagged posts i see now how it works, but based solely on your rules that is not clearly stated.

Oh an for your benefit i replaced the location with "its a secret"
Old 02-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #163
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Well where in Rule #6 does it say you have to go the tag photo location and take a pic of your bike in it.

Just mentioning it, looking at other Tag and tagged posts i see now how it works, but based solely on your rules that is not clearly stated.

Oh an for your benefit i replaced the location with "its a secret"
I give up.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #164
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Cool2 Lol

(shakes head)..... LOL

Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #165
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,245
Glad i just now logged in. I still dont know where that big building is. I've got my work cut out for me on this tag game...
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote