Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #2401
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED

Oddometer: 248
Latest Rally News: Team HRC Launch - Mugello - Mugello - 30/05/2013

TEAM HRC Presentation

The Mugello circuit played host today to the presentation of the TEAM HRC due to take part in the next Dakar 2014.

Five riders will line up on the new factory Honda CRF450 RALLY, Helder Rodrigues (Portugal, 34), Sam Sunderland (UK, 24), Javier Pizzolito (Arg, 33), Joan Barreda (Spain, 29), and Paulo Goncalves (Portugal, 34).

The team will set off in June with some warm up events to prepare them for the main event: The Dakar, which begins on 5th January 2014 in Rosario, Argentina. It features some particularly gruelling stages in Bolivia and finishes on the 18th January in Valparaiso, Chile, some 8,000km later.

For Helder Rodrigues and Javier Pizzolito the countdown for the next Dakar begins in June with the Desafio Ruta 40 in Argentina, while Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves debut on the new Honda CRF450 RALLY in the Pharaoh’s Rally at the end of September. Sam Sunderland, after taking a thrilling third place in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, will continue the season with the other riders carrying out tests in North Africa, and will take part in the Morocco Rally and the Merzouga Rally.

TEAM HRC’s aim is to win the Dakar; the most prestigious and toughest off road motorcycle race in the world. An exceptional work bench for the bike, which in turn will become tomorrow’s mass-production model.

HRC’s Katsumi Yamazaki will serve as the Team Director with Martino Bianchi as General Manager of TEAM HRC, who has 30 years experience in the off road racing scene. In addition, TEAM HRC is made up of approximately 30 staff members who have rich experience with rally raids and off -road races.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #2402
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,029
I just read the HRC press release as well, I can't find any reference to Speedbrain though?
http://www.teamhrc.com/rally/news/?r...nt_report=2398

Jurassic screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 06:32 AM Reason: Adding link.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #2403
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,917
I suspect Speedbrain may have had to drop their branding to be part of HRC.

I'm just pleased we have three bike models that will be properly supported on a go-forward basis. 18 months ago it seemed that KTM would be the only company focused on rallies.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #2404
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I just read the HRC press release as well, I can't find any reference to Speedbrain though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post

Mr Fischer is part of the deal....

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #2405
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku

Oddometer: 2,142
I can't help but start to daydream about a good KTM/Honda/Yamaha struggle for the victory now.

Hmm, I honestly don't know who I'm going to be cheering for.
Death Valley Ride

Dread Pendragon screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 07:02 AM
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #2406
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post

Mr Fischer is part of the deal....
Told you so!

(for once im right about something )
Old 05-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #2407
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 882
So no Honda at the Sardinia Rally? This new announcmente also reminds me of Felipe Zanol.. any news about his recovery?
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #2408
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post

I'm just pleased we have three bike models that will be properly supported on a go-forward basis. 18 months ago it seemed that KTM would be the only company focused on rallies.
Hmm, I guess I was expecting some kind of overt acknowledgement of Speedbrain's involvement (probably naive on my part).
Hallelujah on your second point though Neil.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #2409
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 23,455
That yamaha sounds just awesome.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #2410
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,603
Don't forget that KTM may/will be debuting it's new Rallye platform for the Dakar so that also adds to the thrill of the multi-manufacturer, multi-talented rider battle looming. Everyone is putting in a huge effort to shake things up ... I wonder if they'll bounce back for 2015 if KTM and Coma still whip butt in 2014??.
It's sure going to be good to watch - except I'll have to wait weeks afterwards to watch the recording. I'll be lucky to catch a glimpse of any of those riders after the start on the 5th Jan.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #2411
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

Oddometer: 5,954
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #2412
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku

Oddometer: 2,142
If CDP was still with KTM, the one thing I would be rooting for is for anyone but him to win. I don't hate the guy, I would just rather things get switched up.

But it would be awesome for Yamaha to win, and if he wins I'll be happy that he has that much stronger of an argument for his own talent (vs. the argument that his wins are really just due to the the factory team).

And though I'm not a Peterhansel fan, that video using him to Promote Cyril is pretty dang cool. I'm guessing the French are loving it.

KTM: I still would rather have anyone-but-ktm win in 2014, but I like Coma and Caselli.

Honda: I love their new bike and the riders all seem like fantastic people. I hope Sam is still riding with them. I'm probably more in Honda's corner than anyone else.

I'm hoping that Jin Cheng creates a bike by combining parts from all of those makes, then I won't have to worrying about dividing my loyalties!

I can't remember now, what is the status of Quinn Cody?
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #2413
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED

Oddometer: 248
INTERVIEW WITH WOLFGANG FISCHER, CEO SPEEDBRAIN
Thursday, 30 May 2013 14:52 | |

Q: Mr. Fischer, a question regarding Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves: Why are they switched to Honda, although you have available the bike developed by Speedbrain you?
A: Since we have clearly shown that we are capable of a full to develop and produce competitive and above all capable of winning Rally bike, we are of course proud that Honda, after all, the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer has asked us not only special to us to engage in the HRC rally project for the Dakar and other rallies with. Honda and Speedbrain have a common mission: to go full up on the Dakar podium. Q. Mr. Fischer, you are still in the Speedbrain GmbH? A: Sure, I stay still CEO at Speedbrain and am just in the cooperation with Honda team manager of one of the HRC team with Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves on top. The Speedbrain Rally Team will be more than ever Focusing on the professional racing customers with new developed production racer. Q. Mr. Fischer, as it `s more to Joan and Paulo? The two now have a Honda contract for work or are they still in Speedbrain under contract? A: Both drivers form a new structure in its own team and to use the available resources of Speedbrain. I run this HRC team. Q. Mr. Fischer, what are your specific tasks within the HRC team? A: Well, basically the only times what are known as team manager up. It starts with the day to day business, through to detailed organization of racing applications. I care very reason that the team can be successful. We present the best possible way the Honda brand and our sponsors with the clear objective on a Honda to win the Dakar. Q. Mr. Fischer, you are personally at Honda under contract or is it here to a partnership between Speedbrain and Honda? A. We have a portion of the Speedbrain Rally Team outsourced and thus built the new HRC team structure. We are all in this new team structure as it were under contract, including in conjunction with our main sponsor Monster Energy. I derive this structure in close coordination with HRC. Q. Mr. Fischer why Honda has built this second team, although there is already a team? A: This dual team structure gives us even more flexibility, not only in operations but also bezgl our sponsors management. To serve five riders in a team would also be very expensive. Q. Mr. Fischer, what you want to achieve in concrete terms with the HRC team? A: Clearly, to win with Honda the Dakar. Q. Mr. Fischer, Speedbrain continue to own vehicles, regardless produce from other manufacturers? A: Speedbrain has just successfully completed the 450 Speedbrain rally the EC homologation. The vehicle will of course continue to be produced and is ready for the race to buy and is also offered as a lease package. Q. Mr. Fischer will continue to be Speedbrain at the Rally Cross Country Championships like? A: Speed ​​Brain is used primarily in customer sport continues to participate in selected races the Speedbrain 450 Rally to be there. Paulo is also as the Sardinia Rally ride a bike prepared by Speedbrain and the Ruta 40 in Argentina with the known Speedbrain Rally 450. As of July, he will then proceed with Joan a Honda. Q. Mr. Fischer, as you see the future of Speedbrain and your development and production site in Stephan churches? A. Stephan churches is the best site for all of our customers and racing activities. It remains there everything as it is. Q. Mr. Fischer, as you can describe the current team structure at Speedbrain? A: The Speedbrain Rally Team is an independently operating racing team which also offers further race ready production racer for customer racing. F : Mr. Fischer, Speedbrain will continue to communicate his entire racing program or racing applications? A: Yes, clear on all channels, we have also been served with it and get it to emphasize again, beyond even the customer sports bets. Q. Mr. Fischer, who is at the HRC team's # 1 driver and what is the Honda two-team strategy? A: We do not talk about it at the present time. It is clear that we send a total of five top riders within the two teams into the field together to achieve the best possible result. Q. Mr. Fischer, who will take over the racing communications for the HRC team? A: HRC and the team in close coordination

http://www.racing.speedbrain.de/pres...speedbrain-ceo
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #2414
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruncleWill View Post
INTERVIEW WITH WOLFGANG FISCHER, CEO SPEEDBRAIN
Thursday, 30 May 2013 14:52 | | Q. Mr. Fischer, you are still in the Speedbrain GmbH? A: Sure, I stay still CEO at Speedbrain and am just in the cooperation with Honda team manager of one of the HRC team with Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves on top. The Speedbrain Rally Team will be more than ever Focusing on the professional racing customers with new developed production racer.

Q. Mr. Fischer, as it `s more to Joan and Paulo? The two now have a Honda contract for work or are they still in Speedbrain under contract? A: Both drivers form a new structure in its own team and to use the available resources of Speedbrain. I run this HRC team.

Q. Mr. Fischer, what are your specific tasks within the HRC team? A: Well, basically the only times what are known as team manager up. It starts with the day to day business, through to detailed organization of racing applications. I care very reason that the team can be successful. We present the best possible way the Honda brand and our sponsors with the clear objective on a Honda to win the Dakar.

Q. Mr. Fischer, you are personally at Honda under contract or is it here to a partnership between Speedbrain and Honda? A. We have a portion of the Speedbrain Rally Team outsourced and thus built the new HRC team structure. We are all in this new team structure as it were under contract, including in conjunction with our main sponsor Monster Energy. I derive this structure in close coordination with HRC.

Q. Mr. Fischer why Honda has built this second team, although there is already a team? A: This dual team structure gives us even more flexibility, not only in operations but also bezgl our sponsors management. To serve five riders in a team would also be very expensive. Q. Mr. Fischer, what you want to achieve in concrete terms with the HRC team? A: Clearly, to win with Honda the Dakar.

.... Q. Mr. Fischer, who is at the HRC team's # 1 driver and what is the Honda two-team strategy? A: We do not talk about it at the present time. It is clear that we send a total of five top riders within the two teams into the field together to achieve the best possible result. Q. Mr. Fischer, who will take over the racing communications for the HRC team? A: HRC and the team in close coordination
clear as mud, and it's not only the google translation

looks like they'll have a seperate sub-team of Barreda/Gonçalves. If I were Sam Sunderland I would not be missing any flags

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #2415
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,645
Move forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
Speedbrain will run in Honda HRC colours this season, win-win.

I dont see the need for Honda to run their own team. Cheaper to use a 3rd party and supply them with technology. Core business is selling technology for Honda, not running race teams. Why would you run such a small team anyways? Zero effort compared to MotoGP...