Oddometer: 1,991
Unfortunately there is no cure only 15 days of therapy per year
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #2522
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
Talk about adding insult to injury...

Get well soon Neil, that dakar infection was there even before the accident and indeed it's un-treatable..
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #2523
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
Neil, I had an expert look at your x-ray. His special equipment brought a serious problem into view. That upper bone has a terrible disease forming just above the joint. You can see it in the shadows. It's pretty expensive to have that treated. Do you think you can be cured?

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #2524
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Thanks for asking Dread. It was quite a bad break unfortunately, requiring a bone graft to replace the top of my crushed tibia. Have been doing physio every day for 3 months straight. While I'm still on one crutch, I can limp around without one now for a bit. More importantly I'm riding, albeit not very far or for very long

Next steps are to build my muscle up so I can have this lot removed in a second op, hopefully before the end of the year.
Neil,

I know what you need to help cure the incurable! A little 'Desafio Inca' spectating Oct 4-6 ! ..... Join us on our moto tour.... on me! I have reservations at both Pisco and Paracas, waiting to see which will be closer.

Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #2525
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku

Oddometer: 2,179
Quote:
Neil, I had an expert look at your x-ray. His special equipment brought a serious problem into view. That upper bone has a terrible disease forming just above the joint. You can see it in the shadows. It's pretty expensive to have that treated. Do you think you can be cured?
Bluebull, you're better off just learning to live with it and manage it the best you can, like diabetes, or a twinkie addiction. Deadly just blew 20k on treatment, yet his condition continues to deteriorate.
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #2526
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 933
Laugh deadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Bluebull, you're better off just learning to live with it and manage it the best you can, like diabetes, or a twinkie addiction. Deadly just blew 20k on treatment, yet his condition continues to deteriorate.
I think he is dealing with his condition, he has help from friends like Johnny, Jack and Mr. Royal to name a few. Now these seem to work most of the 50 weeks of the year.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #2527
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
The New Dakars womens for the next years?

http://www.elite-racing.at/2013/07/t....html?spref=fb

Der letzte praktische Teil war dann die Aufgabe, das Wüstenschiff zu bergen, heisst: 5 mal hintereinander aufstellen, ablegen und wieder aufstellen.
The last practical part was the task to recover "the ship of the Desert", 5 times after each other , lay down and put up again.

Myway screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 07:06 AM
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #2528
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 946
oh well, the two Italian girls too

On the left Paola Riverditi, she should be a the next ISDE in Sardinia and Giada on the right is also an ADV inmate (well... in-mate ?)
Was this for the next Africa Race, right?
Gian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #2529
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:

You guys have me in hysterics.

But to be completely serious, I knew still had this disease, so thanks for confirming it Hogwild. The Mrs. was very unimpressed, because she was sure the disease was gone for good after the shock of the original incident. She was even very supportive at a point but now it has all changed again, especially when she eventually recognized the signs in the image.

Charapa, if its only two days maybe I can still enter... This spectating things is way to frustrating. Last time I spectated the ASO official guys tried to tackle me off the bike as I rode up the start to park next to Coma on my 800GS. It helps when the local carreteras have no clue of difference between a 450RR and a BMW DS bike I just hope I can get fit enough for it and that they accept late entries... Honestly, I'll try but I'm not so sure.

I think the only solution is to start racing again, because when there is racing there are no symptoms whatsoever for some reason.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #2530
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post

You guys have me in hysterics.

But to be completely serious, I knew still had this disease, so thanks for confirming it Hogwild. The Mrs. was very unimpressed, because she was sure the disease was gone for good after the shock of the original incident. She was even very supportive at a point but now it has all changed again, especially when she eventually recognized the signs in the image.

Charapa, if its only two days maybe I can still enter... This spectating things is way to frustrating. Last time I spectated the ASO official guys tried to tackle me off the bike as I rode up the start to park next to Coma on my 800GS. It helps when the local carreteras have no clue of difference between a 450RR and a BMW DS bike I just hope I can get fit enough for it and that they accept late entries... Honestly, I'll try but I'm not so sure.

I think the only solution is to start racing again, because when there is racing there are no symptoms whatsoever for some reason.
BB, I know what you mean about the local police! I decal the heck out of the chase vehicle and the police wave me into the bivoac! It has happened twice!

The best part for my tour riders last year was riding out from Lima to Paracas the crowds were cheering for US, blowing us kisses and videoing us! Then a bit later each of the moto and quad racers rode up through and among us for a while before speeding on to the start. It was the most memorable part of the event for my riders!

The Dakar Series 'Desafio Inca' is three (3) days long. I'm sure they will take as many last minute 'locals' as they can! I've never known ASO to turn $$ away!

Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #2531
Gian
dreamer

Just read on fessbuk that Alessandro Botturi will be at the next Dakar with Speedbrain once again, but also for the next Transanatolia Rally and Merzouga. Also Francesco Catanese (at last!) and Filippo Talini had confirmation from ASO
Old 07-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #2532
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,452
The Speedbrain effort is beginning to round itself out. Juan Carlos Salvatierra has just confirmed to me that Paolo Ceci will join his as support rider for Dakar 2014.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #2533
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
The Speedbrain effort is beginning to round itself out. Juan Carlos Salvatierra has just confirmed to me that Paolo Ceci will join his as support rider for Dakar 2014.
And Oliveira too I believe
Old 07-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #2534
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,104
Good coverage of the RUTA 40 on NBC sports this weekend..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #2535
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku

Oddometer: 2,179
This belongs in the thread of awesome, but I think it will be more fully appreciated here.

Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote