Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #2581
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,221
30 years running ..canceled

Dear rally friends and fans of Egypt,

Egypt, a majestic country and an ancient civilization, has been experiencing a deep transformation of its political and social life over the last three years.
No major change is painless and Egypt’s past few weeks of intense events are no different.

However, everything today suggests that the worst is over and that stability and modernity will soon be the future values of this strong Country.
For over 30 years Egypt’s magical desert has been the homeland of the Pharaons Rally, the prestigious race of the Cross Country Rally World Cup and Championship.

To organize and participate in this international event is an adventure that we have always cherished and enjoyed sharing with all the racers and their teams. Above all, we have always ensured that it is carried out with the utmost professionalism and with immense passion.

Today, we still solidly have the support of our business partners, of the local and military authorities and of the international federations, to proceed with organizing the rally as scheduled this coming October. And indeed, all signs reflect that Egypt could be ready to offer a safe setting to hold an exciting race for all international teams.

However, we also understand the concerns that participants and their families have, and we wish to respect and give priority to that admissible concern.
With this in mind and after consultation with the Egyptian Authorities and the International Federations (FIM and FIA) we decided to postpone the 2013 edition of the Pharaons Rally to May 2014.

This is a difficult decision due to circumstances beyond our control, but with your support and trust we can continue to share our passion in the best conditions.

We sincerely thank the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism, the International Federations (FIM and FIA) and the competitors who have given us their support, understanding, approval and enthusiasm for the new date.

The Pharaons Rally lives on thanks to all of you.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #2582
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,596
Rick Hatswell Dakar 2010 video...

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #2583
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,596
Wasnt this when KTM and Honda were going to show us their new bikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Dear rally friends and fans of Egypt,

Egypt, a majestic country and an ancient civilization, has been experiencing a deep transformation of its political and social life over the last three years.
No major change is painless and Egypt’s past few weeks of intense events are no different.

However, everything today suggests that the worst is over and that stability and modernity will soon be the future values of this strong Country.
For over 30 years Egypt’s magical desert has been the homeland of the Pharaons Rally, the prestigious race of the Cross Country Rally World Cup and Championship.

To organize and participate in this international event is an adventure that we have always cherished and enjoyed sharing with all the racers and their teams. Above all, we have always ensured that it is carried out with the utmost professionalism and with immense passion.

Today, we still solidly have the support of our business partners, of the local and military authorities and of the international federations, to proceed with organizing the rally as scheduled this coming October. And indeed, all signs reflect that Egypt could be ready to offer a safe setting to hold an exciting race for all international teams.

However, we also understand the concerns that participants and their families have, and we wish to respect and give priority to that admissible concern.
With this in mind and after consultation with the Egyptian Authorities and the International Federations (FIM and FIA) we decided to postpone the 2013 edition of the Pharaons Rally to May 2014.

This is a difficult decision due to circumstances beyond our control, but with your support and trust we can continue to share our passion in the best conditions.

We sincerely thank the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism, the International Federations (FIM and FIA) and the competitors who have given us their support, understanding, approval and enthusiasm for the new date.

The Pharaons Rally lives on thanks to all of you.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #2584
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Wasnt this when KTM and Honda were going to show us their new bikes?
Yes.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #2585
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
I did a little Google Earth sleuthing . . .
Egads, man, you must have one of those jack-into-the-matrix ports at the base of your skull!

I lost my keys in my yard somewhere, so if you get time would you use google earth and find them for me?
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #2586
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Yes.
We'll just have to wait until the 15th Oct and Morocco ?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #2587
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
I did a little Google Earth sleuthing to see if I could find where those cool dunes are that Caselli was riding in for that video. It just didn't look like any place I'd seen before. Sure enough I found it, a small 2 mile long dune in an off-beat place called Olancha, in California. See the video shot versus my Google Earth view at the same angle.

Google Earth:
I even found that small strip of pavement where he parked his truck at 0:12 in the vid.
You didnt just look up the BLM road number on the post on the opening
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #2588
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
You didnt just look up the BLM road number on the post on the opening
Ok, you got me. Google for that road number and "Dune" and you get a BLM map of that dune area. But that was after I already spent 10 minutes looking at the mountains in the vid and GE and figured it must be that place. Searching the road number confirmed it. Hey, that's not far off from the way I mapped the Dakar stages a couple of years ago. Google search is your friend, and lots of work on Google Earth seals the deal! Taking it as a challenge to find this stuff makes it fun!
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #2589
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

First pics of the new KTM bike? Special thanks to a very perceptive individual in the know for picking up on the right hand exhaust exit on an otherwise very similar bike to the current model. This individual shall remain nameless unless he or she wants to speak up.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #2590
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Comparison. Very hard to tell as the photo is terrible and it looks like the frame is either black or dark grey making detail very scant.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #2591
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Just some translated comments from where the photos come...

Quote:
If the country who are cold to come in Douz Tunisia.
Fifty in the shade ...
Today, 12 hours of the test.
Quote:
Yes, as long as it is today, the last test ...
Travelled almost 700 miles Consumed 163 l fuel maximum speed over 170 miles per hour.
All the time full of gas consumption says.
Fever is very high.
Quote:
For those who don't know.
We in Tunisia, Douz-gate of the Sahara.
Today, Sun-60 degrees.
Test so far, more than okay.
Those figures were only for my bike.
All three are in great condition.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #2592
wingnut11
generally strange

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Anyone else notice one bike with left side exhaust, the other on the right? I also noticed that the bike with right side exhaust also has a logo on the bike side of the muffler. So it looks like there are still a few minor things to work out.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #2593
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut11 View Post
Anyone else notice one bike with left side exhaust, the other on the right? I also noticed that the bike with right side exhaust also has a logo on the bike side of the muffler. So it looks like there are still a few minor things to work out.
May be it's only an engine test ? For that they had only to change the exhaust side from left to right. Can't see, if it's a trellis frame again.
Perhaps frame and bodywork will be tested later and it's not finished yet.
Front tanks and rear tank seams the same like the old model.
Strange, that the KTM guys put no cover over the "new bike ".
What i know is, that they will have a rally bike with fuel injection for sure.
May be the spy has other pictures for us ?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #2594
wingnut11
generally strange

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally View Post
Can't see, if it's a trellis frame again.

What i know is, that they will have a rally bike with fuel injection for sure.
May be the spy has other pictures for us ?
If you look at the picture where it's being washed without a gas tank it sure looks like a trellis frame. But I can't see the frame well enough to have any idea how much different it may be. I'm glad the manufacturers are going to efi, I kind of think it's long overdue. Any other spy shots are always appreciated, I'd love to see more details and see if we can figure out how much different the new bike is.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #2595
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut11 View Post
If you look at the picture where it's being washed without a gas tank it sure looks like a trellis frame. But I can't see the frame well enough to have any idea how much different it may be. I'm glad the manufacturers are going to efi, I kind of think it's long overdue. Any other spy shots are always appreciated, I'd love to see more details and see if we can figure out how much different the new bike is.
Yes, sorry, looking with a better monitor now i can see the trellis frame.
Also the long air filter, like the rally bikes had before seems the same.

Hopefully the spy photographer can send us as soon as possible more pictures so that we can work out and discuss here the differences between the old and the new KTM Rally 450 RR