Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #3076
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
Yeah right! You have to ask? Is there an amount higher than "loads"? Maybe mega-loads...
Metric "F" I believe is appropriate too.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #3077
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Off to the Milan bike show next week - expect to see the new KTM 450 Rally and possibly also the Honda ...................

Who wants loads of pictures ?

See you there, catch you for a drink somewhere.
ktmmitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #3078
doghouseracing
Freedom Rally Racing

Oddometer: 32
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
That's right - there is nothing in the rules that says you cannot receive help from a fellow competitor (indeed in the old days, that is what it was all about) - it's just the service crews that are not allowed to help during the liaison or stage - that is why traditionally the car teams in particular used to have a truck entered too (as a competitor), to carry a few spares...
According to the rules for the 2014 Dakar, service teams are allowed to provide assitance on liasons only if the service and race vehicles share the same road section. These excerpt's were pulled from, Article A11 - Service

A11.1
2) It is forbidden for Service Vehicles to intervene on the day’s Selective Section, on pain of Disqualification of the assisted Vehicle. However they can intervene on Road Sections, only on sections of the itinerary shared with Vehicles.
Service Vehicles and Service Crews entered in the service category are not allowed to go on to the route of the Selective Section, except after the closure of the finish Time Control and after having informed the Organiser.

However, it then goes on to state in A11.2
6) Carrying out service outside the Bivouac or in an enclosed place (inside or outside the Bivouac), will lead to penalties from 6 hours to Disqualification. A tent is not considered as an enclosed place. All repeated offences will result in Disqualification.

Article 30P page 50 then states this,

8) A Machine must move by its own means, using the starter power is allowed.
If the Machine is unable to move, pushing and/or pulling by a Rider / Competitor in the race is allowed, or by a service Crews or service vehicle when the race and the service route follow the same itinerary.

So is this one of those grey areas you would play dumb on . How would you all interpret?

doghouseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #3079
HellasRally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
once on an FIM seminar for CCRR clerk of the course license, an FIM important guy told me that if the regulations were plain and simple, then they would have no job to do.
Things are clear anyhow

1. Service in SS is only allowed by competitor himself or other participant, with what they have available on their racing vehicles. That is why we have water carriers and KTM cars racing.

2. Service crews can intervene on Liaisons or parts of SS that is open to other vehicles such as Neutrlization zones or refueling zones if stated so in the supplementary regulations.

3. After SS TC closing time (last competitor max time allowed + max delay allowed) then the SS is considered as open to traffic so service can follow the route and provide support.

no clue about enclosed areas outside bivouac, as I understand service should be in open spaces for check availability by technical officers

Service crews and competitors follow the same route only in parts of liaisons or connection routes.
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #3080
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Off to the Milan bike show next week - expect to see the new KTM 450 Rally and possibly also the Honda ...................

Who wants loads of pictures ?

That thing, the new KTM, was nudging 180 in Morocco!
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #3081
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
That thing, the new KTM, was nudging 180 in Morocco!
keep in mind that the Moto3 KTM which is a 250 tops at about 235 kmh, so they have the technology to make a fast single. bTW Honda will be putting a lot of effort into beating them there too.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #3082
rallye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie66 View Post
keep in mind that the Moto3 KTM which is a 250 tops at about 235 kmh, so they have the technology to make a fast single. bTW Honda will be putting a lot of effort into beating them there too.
that probably only has a 5-10 hour lifespan ,very similar to some 450s' I guess .
rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #3083
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye View Post
that probably only has a 5-10 hour lifespan ,very similar to some 450s' I guess .
Yep at the safari and the dakar I have seen bike getting top ends every day. Notably not KTM RR or factory machines.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #3084
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 915
Manuel Lucchese signed with Yamaha Italy.
There's no mention of this years' Dakar, but he may start the preparations sometime around Christmas.

Quote:
I’m extremely proud to give the official news about my racing future. For 2014 i signed a deal with Yamaha Motor Italy and the new born Team Rebel to race and develop the Yamaha WR450F in bajas and rallies.

http://www.ladakar.com/2013/11/01/2014-in-blue/
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #3085
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,709
Question A striking resemblance... nes pas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
There's no mention of this years' Dakar, but he may start the preparations sometime around Christmas.
We know that Manny has been very "chummy" with Mudboy in the past... special interviews, training rides etc. during the 2011/2012 seasons... when Manuel was on the Husabergs... and CDP was still orange scented...

but this latest development (congrats BTW ) beg's an answer to the question...

Is Manny actually Mudboy's fake n00b here at ADV...?

... look's like carpente found it..."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #3086
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post

He said on Facebook today that he hopes to return for 2015.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #3087
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,958
Troy, what you suggest points right to core of the F5 team. To even suggest ADVGATE exists is akin to being sacrilege....have the fire hose forces been inadvertently helping mud boy? Did Shoestring infiltrate the inner ranks and dupe us all? Were the mods in on it? Crap Ned is a mod isn't he? I did see him spending extra time near CDP's trailer.....

You've blown my mind, conspiracy theories are bouncing around in my head like beers on a Friday night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
We know that Manny has been very "chummy" with Mudboy in the past... special interviews, training rides etc. during the 2011/2012 seasons... when Manuel was on the Husabergs... and CDP was still orange scented...

but this latest development (congrats BTW ) beg's an answer to the question...

Is Manny actually Mudboy's fake n00b here at ADV...?

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #3088
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,709
Eh? f5 insider trading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Troy, what you suggest points right to core of the F5 team. To even suggest ADVGATE exists is akin to being sacrilege....have the fire hose forces been inadvertently helping mud boy? Did Shoestring infiltrate the inner ranks and dupe us all? Were the mods in on it? Crap Ned is a mod isn't he? I did see him spending extra time near CDP's trailer.....

You've blown my mind, conspiracy theories are bouncing around in my head like beers on a Friday night...

You don't know the half of it Ted... the DNA trail leads right to the VERY top of the ADV/TSO/FIM/FIA watergate tree!

Etienne Lavigne, Bernie Ecclestone and JM Ballestré are actually post dated cloned fraternal triplets seperated at birth... the result of a failed genetic experiment where they combined Tricky Dicky Nixons DNA with genetic strands from Charles DeGaul in the early 70's - the idea was to create a diplomat that could argue both sides of a debate, while retreating simultaneously.

That combined with the f5act that David casteau is actually the illigitimate lovechild of James Hunt and Jackie Kennedy-Onansis... apparently the JFK hit was because the administration would not cave in on the "re-seeding start of each leg rule proposals"...

... look's like carpente found it..."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #3089
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
... the f5act ...
That is brilliant!!!. You made my night!
So meaningful to so few! I can't wait to see it "accidentally" used in an official ASO document or mainstream media report.
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #3090
EKIN
Just Do It

Oddometer: 548
What Facebook pages do you guys follow outside of Dakar home page for info? I have been keeping tabs on the board, but have some serious catching up (prep) to do for 2014.

Honda, rule changes, Aliens switching colors, so much to learn so little time!

RG driving a Hemi?

Who will have the best Tshirt (ADV Sponsor) in 2014?