Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #3286
Happe
Offroad Nut

Oddometer: 675
Just realised that I will be in that exact location in three weeks time for a good two weeks riding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Hollywood
I mean the location with the Western Town, not the second half when the bikes changed and the sand became orange (Morocco) ;-)

Stefan
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #3287
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
Anyone notice the KTM bikes change to the new 450's halfway thru?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
(noticed that last night too... the township scenes were with the 2013 spec bikes... they aired out the new 2014 toy in the sand dunes).

The property master and continuity editors on the production crew got the axe at the post production meeting for that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #3288
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,329
I believe that the first part was shot second in the south of Spain the Monday after Merzouga and the second part shot first a few days before the Morocco Rally
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #3289
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
I don't think at all Botturi has his "own" team! As far as I heard/read around Speedbrain has two teams, one for Honda and one for their own bikes. Quite likely the second one won't be as strong as the first one.

About his bike at Morocco/MErzouga rallyes, Botturi says it was the bike used by Goncalves (and maybe another rider? have to listen to interview again later) in two previous Cross Country Rallies, and he discovered this only after his return from Morocco (where of course he was not in fight for any title). The reason was Speedbrain team was testing new materials in view of the Dakar 2014 (as Balkan Boy wrote!). But of course if you have more info that Botturi himself please let us know
I don't know the full make up of Botturi's set up but I did hear from Chavo that while he uses the full Speedbrain offering (bivouac, mechanic, etc...) Botturi is off separate with his own, non-Speedbrain mechanic, his own camp, etc... I'm sure they share a lot of parts, but I didn't gather that there was much interaction between Botturi and the rest of the riders using Speedbrain's services.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #3290
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
(noticed that last night too... the township scenes were with the 2013 spec bikes... they aired out the new 2014 toy in the sand dunes).

The property master and continuity editors on the production crew got the axe at the post production meeting for that one...
Those responsible for sacking the editors, have been sacked.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #3291
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
I don't know the full make up of Botturi's set up but I did hear from Chavo that while he uses the full Speedbrain offering (bivouac, mechanic, etc...) Botturi is off separate with his own, non-Speedbrain mechanic, his own camp, etc... I'm sure they share a lot of parts, but I didn't gather that there was much interaction between Botturi and the rest of the riders using Speedbrain's services.
this come absolutely new for me, I'll investigate, I know Alessandro will have a meeting for all his fans on the 28th, won't be able to get there but some friend for sure will !

PS: all the SB bikes leaving for Dakar
Gian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #3292
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Monogrammed saddles... that's soooo 2013...

Quote:

Quote:
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #3293
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
Casteu to KTM

KTM didnt wait long.

http://translate.google.com/translat...r-2014&act=url

http://www.enduropro.com/actualidad/...-el-dakar-2014
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #3294
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Surely the deal between Casteu and KTM was in place before Kurts accident at Baja on the weekend...?

In the youtube interview David made at the EICMA expo almost two weeks ago (Nov 6) he alludes to his discontinued co-operation with yamaha, his plans for a new ride/new team at Dakar 2014 etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRnr...ature=youtu.be

The press (never ones to let a good humanitarian story go to waste) perhaps sieze on the opportunity to highlight Davids return/defection to the KTM ranks.

Perhaps he was already working on a satellite deal similar to that which Chaleco brokered last year? With circumstances as they are, I can well imagine KTM might perhaps step up the level of support that casteu is provided at the rally (now with Kurts untimely departure, his bike an material will no doubt be put to good use by the experienced and likeable frenchman).

But I find it hard to fathom that all this has been put together in the last three days?

Whatever the case, I hope the black armband and Kurts spirit ride with David at this years Dakar.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #3295
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Surely the deal between Casteu and KTM was in place before Kurts accident at Baja on the weekend...?

In the youtube interview David made at the EICMA expo almost two weeks ago (Nov 6) he alludes to his discontinued co-operation with yamaha, his plans for a new ride/new team at Dakar 2014 etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRnr...ature=youtu.be

The press (never ones to let a good humanitarian story go to waste) perhaps sieze on the opportunity to highlight Davids return/defection to the KTM ranks.

Perhaps he was already working on a satellite deal similar to that which Chaleco brokered last year? With circumstances as they are, I can well imagine KTM might perhaps step up the level of support that casteu is provided at the rally (now with Kurts untimely departure, his bike an material will no doubt be put to good use by the experienced and likeable frenchman).

But I find it hard to fathom that all this has been put together in the last three days?

Whatever the case, I hope the black armband and Kurts spirit ride with David at this years Dakar.
Well said Troy, it is hard to beleive that the KTM would close such a deal in the last three days.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #3296
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
Well said Troy, it is hard to beleive that the KTM would close such a deal in the last three days.
Agree.

My guess is that Casteu was lining up a semi-factory ride with KTM. Having him step up into a full factory ride to support Coma makes sense.

Or perhaps I'm reading in to this too much, and the factory ride is still available.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #3297
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
now that I think about it he raced a KTM 450rr at the last rally in SA, but the euro web story makes it seem like it was brokered in the last few days.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #3298
michael1968
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Those responsible for sacking the editors, have been sacked.

michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #3299
michael1968
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
now that I think about it he raced a KTM 450rr at the last rally in SA, but the euro web story makes it seem like it was brokered in the last few days.
Yeah, I was sure I'd seen something about switching to KTM a little while back.
michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #3300
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Agree.

My guess is that Casteu was lining up a semi-factory ride with KTM. Having him step up into a full factory ride to support Coma makes sense.

Or perhaps I'm reading in to this too much, and the factory ride is still available.
The sad sad loss of Kurt might secure Ruben Faria (who I heard was under pressure inside KTM after Cyril left) a bit of a future at KTM for 2014-2015... Still the underdog..