Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 04:48 AM   #3646
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,285
That front tank is just the standard safari 17 ltr tank.

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:49 AM   #3647
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Sweet front tank set-up on that Yamaha - be interested to know the capacity, and if it is available as a individual part - looks like a regular Safari 10L on the rear, so I imagine the front tank must be close to 20L? - ideal as a 'rally lite' kit...

Manny?

Jx
+1 I aggree, an ideal set up for a "rally-lite" WR 450F... In fact it is not entirely like the kit that the Oz Yamaha squad developed for Rod fagotter and Shane Diener to run for the Australasian Safari over the last few years 2011/12/13...

Except that the Italians have gone for an integrated front tank/fairing set-uo mounted to the headstock... instead of the Aussie preference to put the roadbook and ICO up on the handlebar mount (no GPS required).

Regarding the rear tanks (and aside from the mass centralisation or aesthitic qualities)... it DOES "look" like the same design/concept of the "Safari" rear tank... but something about the appearance looks (too me) like the Italians have moulded their own version? (another brand).

The safari tank has proven to be a viable design; given that one retains the original rear subframe and airbox set up... So for the privateer it is an easy (simpler) option - than say a complete intergral rear subframe and fuel cell configuration... AND you can return the bike to standard (Baja) configuration relatively quick and easy.

I like the design of the front and all in all, think this would be a popular privateer weapon. For a rally like des sertoes, Safari, or Tuareg... could be a good weapon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #3648
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Clay model of the new KTM:

Paint scheme like this would be cool.
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #3649
barrier
Says who?

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Oh I think you are being a little harsh!

I know what you mean, yes it is clearly 'added on', but they are a pretty sound (budget) option?

Jx
As a Rallye light, I agree....Excellent!
Although I don't think the extra tank is just bolt on and go, you would need to have spare suspension set up for the added weight especially as it is hanging out so far back!
It's just dissapointing when something starts out well (as this does) then just for the sake of practicality/function/cost the creativity and effort just tapers off!
Awfull things happen when you choose this route!

I think the Honda Europe 19 litre rear subframe tank is one of the best bolt on solutions for the amateur rider looking to build a relatively cost effective rally bike!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #3650
Happe
Offroad Nut

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
It's getting a bit silly by now.
This one is especially terrible. Blue nav tower is also in poor taste.
Me likey
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:59 AM   #3651
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
It's getting a bit silly by now.
This one is especially terrible. Blue nav tower is also in poor taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe View Post
Me likey
Me too!

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #3652
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
Probably a 400 - 600 km special is big enough to have little gain by GE, in the end the road book is a better, safer and faster solution. Given the fact that there are also hidden WPs, cutting short through unknown/unmarked territory sounds a bit risky.

ASO knows about it so they not really anal about the iphone thing...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #3653
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,492

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #3654
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,177
I'm looking for the great write up on the HRC bikes with all the naked pics and such..... I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.... lil help?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #3655
manuellucchese
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Sweet front tank set-up on that Yamaha - be interested to know the capacity, and if it is available as a individual part - looks like a regular Safari 10L on the rear, so I imagine the front tank must be close to 20L? - ideal as a 'rally lite' kit...

Manny?

Jx
Hi friends how are you?? At the moment this bike is a prototype that will get developed in the next months. Since i was working at Dakar i didn't have all the time i wanted to work on the bike but here are some details:

Front Tank: 18lt
Rear Tank: 12lt
The tanks are Safari but have a slightly larger capacity than the ones on catalogue.
Nav Tower: No need to drill holes in the frame, it has a totally new bracket system
Fairing: Plastic print and plexiglass
Lights: Led

The bike will be developed to be Dakar ready because 30lt are enough for Dakar and the nav tower has already the Iritrack bracket mounted and all the GPS support, antenna's etc will be mounted so the bike will be ready not only for Dakar but also for the other world championship rallies.

We are looking into producing 2 seperate 6lt each tanks. There will be the optional of having the exhaust like in the photo or have the low exhaust and we want to make a bashplate with both water reserve and toolbox.

Anyone will have the option of having the tower of any colour you want, we made this dummy in blue to stay with Yamaha colors. Yamaha Italy is officially part of the project and giving us the factory technical support.

Our Goal:
- All the Yamaha official dealers in Italy will have on catalogue the base model
- We will build some brand new bikes for riders interested in renting the bike for Dakar 2015
- Anyone will be able to order either the kit, the complete bike or the single parts and optionals
- The starting price of the complete new bike will be around 14.500 euro because we want to make a bike thinking about the amateur rider and giving accessibility to anyone that needs the essential to race without spending the money of a Ktm Rally or other kits.
- We want to differ from competition this is why we are trying new solutions and obviously the bike will be available only after May because we want to do good testing and have a quality product.
- Its January and we already have a starting point ready, i think this is great in order to get to Dakar 2015 with a well tested and developed bike ( I hope i will have the chance to race the 2015 edition! )
- Yamaha Japan has nothing to do with this project but Yamaha Italy yes.

Since i have experience how difficult it is for an amateur to race Dakar and how expensive a rally kit can be, with my team we want to put on the market a "cheap" start solution with the essentials to be Dakar ready!

I'm really happy to read your comments and suggestions!!

Old 01-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #3656
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,994
My friend Carlo on FB:
Hi Guys, I'm proud to announce that today we presented at the Motor Bike Expo of Verona, in Italy, our prototype of the new Yamaha WR450 F Rally.
The collaboration with Yamaha Motor Italy and Team Rebel X Sports, goal is to develop a kit with an accessible cost and DIY assembling, without any invasive modification like drilling the frame to install the Instrument tower or having fuel pumps inside the tanks.
As you all know, I'm a GS rider, but I also become the Team Manager for Yamaha | REBEL, where the main rider is Manuel Lucchese… Remember that kid which went to Dakar collecting money at 22 y.o., also the one that some of you met at Taste of Dakar from Alt Rider and J. Lewis a couple of years ago. Well, Manuel insisted that I would have to be his Team Manger and help finding a main sponsor, but I'm not writing here to collect money, Although if anyone of you owns a big corporate willing to promote in S. America, welcome…. No I'm writing here because I need your social skills and friends to promote and like our team FB page rebel x sports. Could you guys help? and here are some pics from today.
Thank You! Carlo — at Motor Bike Expo.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #3657
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
I'm looking for the great write up on the HRC bikes with all the naked pics and such..... I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.... lil help?
linkand then click pictures
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #3658
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
linkand then click pictures

SMART ASS!!
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #3659
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post

SMART ASS!!

How i searched and come to this pic set

Myway screwed with this post 01-24-2014 at 03:58 PM
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #3660
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
I was looking for a different set f pics, from an article, but I think those will do just fine, THANKS!!!