Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #3961
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
Someone have a WP from the bivouac at the end of stage 3?
It was pretty hard to find, but it's here: 31° 39.249'S 69° 28.133'W
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #3962
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,529
Thanks, was looking to.

but I saw this pic

link

damm I was close

so this was the key pic

Barreal
Esquadron A and the porch

link map

Vogels Canyon gate must be before WP 9, as he mentioned he was there with 15 other riders. And was 4 km from that point, and drove 40 km to get this point (WP9)

WP8=CP2

Just behind this point there was the group six stayed overnight.
Javier Fernandez Quad
I still had 60 or 70 kilometres to go until the bivouac of the marathon stage. Nevertheless, the race officials stopped us for overriding safety reasons. At the time, I was with six other riders: two Frenchmen, an Australian, a Bosnian, a Dutchman Sjors van Heertum (broken engine) and a Chilean, Axel Heilenkotter
from there
uphill than a flat, where Frans Verhoeven was waiting for helicopter and uphill again, Jan van Gerven hit a rock, turn downwards the wrong site could not get up came in a canyon, no outs 14:30 alone just before sunset 21:00 a helicopter flies over, later rescue man came by foot, overnight 6:00 walked out of the canyon.

Myway screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 05:15 AM
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #3963
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,719
Talking What's wrong wif it then...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
This thread is....awesome
I'll tell you what's wrong with it... It's a dead horse! This topic is no more! It has ceased to be! It's appeal time expired and gone to meet it's maker! It's a wrap!! Bereft of new facts, best left in peace! If Bluebull hadn't dragged it up from the firehose ruins, it'd be pushing up the daisies with the other ex-Dakar threads! It's geographic relevance is now 'istory! It's off the POSIS! It's all over... 'e's handed in 'is timecard, run down the statutes of limitations and joined the bleedin' jury invisible!! THIS IS A DEAD HORSE!!

... look's like carpente found it..."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 01:23 AM
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:28 AM   #3964
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 916
Now that you mentioned it ...
Before the race, I've been watching clips from the Mudgate episode, and I've seen a lot of unexplained things there.
Certainly worth of a re-trial by the Rally-tragics tribunal.
Balkan Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:53 AM   #3965
Sylvia
vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer: 3,400
Possibly best thread ever.
Evening all.

Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:00 AM   #3966
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Laugh One day at the rally-tragics Tribunal... the door opens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Now that you mentioned it ...
Before the race, I've been watching clips from the Mudgate episode, and I've seen a lot of unexplained things there.
Certainly worth of a re-trial by the Rally-tragics tribunal.
Oh... oh, I'm sorry. you're looking for an argument...? This is "flogging dead horsees" - you want "blatant rule breaches and French parochialism"... just down the hall on the left... room nr. 22 if you please.... ask for Mr Neveu or Mr Schlesser... depending on whether you have two wheels, or four.

Next please!

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 03:08 AM
Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 AM   #3967
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,481
Tell me about mud gate ?
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:47 AM   #3968
Happe
Offroad Nut

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Tell me about mud gate ?
So there was this guy and others followed him into the desert, he had only 5000 fishes and turned them into wine ....

Oh, wrong book sorry

So there was bandana boy and he was sitting there ans said he couldn't move on and this guy came and made him move again and then got left stuck as a thank you ... not sure if this was the correct book either ....
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #3969
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Mudgate as read from the New Pistement.

Etienne the wise came down from mount FIM to tell his followers - the ASOrialites - that the good lord had given him 10 commandments and charged him with the task of leading his people to a new promised land. The faithfull followed Etienne of the ASOrialites on this odessey to this prosperous new place - and fled the (n)ever present persecution of the Al Quaida.

Cyril D' Shepherd was one of these followers... adorned in his coat of many red bull colors he set off on a dream quest to aquire the holy grail. While following his path encountered an earthen patch of dampness... "Holy moses" he said; "It look like the red sea has not parted - but of course I can walk on water..."

Alas this crossing ended not well for the young Andorain, and in the shit verily he lay - until a good samaratin by name "Gonk" did cometh to his rescue.

The samaratins sandals and the coat of many colors they did get thoroughly grubby, but in the end was D' Shepherd Cyril delivered from the mire and in haste did departeth - leaving the forlorn Gonk to his own devices.

"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you... prefereably before you leave them in the mud"

There endeth the lesson.

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 07:26 AM
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #3970
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,865
Before we rush into the unfathomable misteries of that muddy situation with our pitchforks and hanging ropes ready , I would like to say that during this year's Dakar someone here pointed to Cyril's book "4 x Dakar".

It was edited after his 4th victory and all profits made revert to the Fabrizio and Cyril School’ created by the Fabrizio Meoni Foundation and that it is kept funded by Cyril Despres in honour of his friend Fabrizio’s memory.

I placed the order and after the race got an hand written package from Andorra, from "Cyril Despres". It came with an authograph (that I didn't expect). I e-mailed the alien, thanking the personal attention and the good nature of this school endeavour. He took the trouble to reply thanking back.

The book is very nice, and besides the usual Dakar action shots gives a more
personal view of the champion's world, as well as an account of the Fabrizio and Cyril School in Dakar, Senegal.

So, order your copy today, it is for a good cause and let's leave what happened in the mud between CD and Gonk, they made up pretty quick.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #3971
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 23,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post
So, order your copy today, it is for a good cause and let's leave what happened in the mud between CD and Gonk, they made up pretty quick.
Well said!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #3972
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
I'll tell you what's wrong with it... It's a dead horse! This topic is no more! It has ceased to be! It's appeal time expired and gone to meet it's maker! It's a wrap!! Bereft of new facts, best left in peace! If Bluebull hadn't dragged it up from the firehose ruins, it'd be pushing up the daisies with the other ex-Dakar threads! It's geographic relevance is now 'istory! It's off the POSIS! It's all over... 'e's handed in 'is timecard, run down the statutes of limitations and joined the bleedin' jury invisible!! THIS IS A DEAD HORSE!!

Mud gate, altitude gate, snooker gate, engine size gate, speed limit gate....Someone has to keep the ASO accountable...besides these are now written in the bible

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #3973
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
But Troy - I must protest. We have brought (dragged) the (dead) horse to water, we must now make it drink!

How else are we going to manage the long walk to Dakar 2015...through this desert wasteland of little to no racing? The horse must live - the horse must live!

Deadly, you forgot about tyre gate. Never forget about the tyre gate and Mr Mustacheman. Also the infamous Coma "speed gate" of 2009 (before we had invented gates). It was almost as infamous as garfey's 10,000th post that magically became the 9,999th post! (Remember that, Troy? I recall the being a great many objections lodged with the ASO'F5 control ).

Ah... the musings of a old F5'er...The good old days when men were men and Packmule explained everything to us n00bs.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #3974
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 23,003
What about service-on-the-liaison-to-the-marathon-bivouac-gate? Or engine-change-in-the-marathon-bivouac-from-another-rider-gate?

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #3975
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
Guys, a small general request please:

Call me over sensitive if you like, but I would appreciate it if folks toned down the anti Christian God rhetoric we have seen over the past couple of days.

Its offensive to quite a few and I have been receiving complaints. Not aimed at anyone in particular, but this kind of stuff really should be left for the basement.

Thanks,
Neil
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote