ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #4336
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Oviedo, España
Oddometer: 5,026
To be fair, Pewano was not exactly a factory team...It was a team that formed (if my memory serves correctly) on the desires of a scandinvian sponsor who unfortunately passed away before that particular Dakar, but left behind enough money for the guys to have a bash at it. I can't remember the details but it was something like that.
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #4337
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: "Pearl of the sound" - f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
To be fair, Pewano was not exactly a factory team...It was a team that formed (if my memory serves correctly) on the desires of a scandinvian sponsor who unfortunately passed away before that particular Dakar, but left behind enough money for the guys to have a bash at it. I can't remember the details but it was something like that.
close enough
__________________
Originally Posted by Etienne;

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #4338
CBVRacing
CBVRacing
 
CBVRacing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 507
Pigeo

Here are photos of your 'dkr pigeo'

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/04/18/peugeot-dkr-rally-concept-arrives-at-the-beijing-auto-show/

Can someone embed them?
__________________
Dream Racer - Multi-Award Winning Dakar Film
"This film is an inspiration to anyone with a dream, not just those interested in motor sports."
www.dreamracer.tv
CBVRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #4339
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sparrowhawk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Eastern Washington, USA
Oddometer: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBVRacing View Post








That buggy sure is small. It's hard to figure how driver/navigator, engine, and a couple of spare tires fit inside.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #4340
CBVRacing
CBVRacing
 
CBVRacing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 507
Thanks for embedding the photos.

I would be surprised if this was the actual car apart from the body shell and 37" tyres. Front a-arms look pretty skinny to me.

Love the hi-tech lifting system for the Pigeo, great intro!
__________________
Dream Racer - Multi-Award Winning Dakar Film
"This film is an inspiration to anyone with a dream, not just those interested in motor sports."
www.dreamracer.tv
CBVRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #4341
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: "Pearl of the sound" - f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,795
+1 with CBV... for sure this is a composite/mock-up for the press release... not a working proto-type.

The "test mules" may still be some weeks/months away? I don't believe thatthey are far off though... It will be evry interesting in coming months to follow the PUG's development.
__________________
Originally Posted by Etienne;

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #4342
ArthDuro
quarantined
 
ArthDuro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Westsideistan
Oddometer: 2,997
Tire inflation, dual front shocks, skinny little a-arms - could there be room for spare tires under the hood?
__________________
my nx250 project pics
my mini ride reports
"parts made of unobtanium"
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #4343
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer
 
gagnaou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: FLint Hills
Oddometer: 1,364
Looks to me that it is going to be a super small, super light buggy, almost more like a polaris side by side than let's say a full blown truck like the Hummer was...
__________________
French vacation house for rent! 15 min from the WEC finale this fall!!!

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #4344
Gian
dreamer
 
Gian's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: north east of Italy
Oddometer: 1,115
Well it looks this Porsche doing the Libya Rally jsut now has wheels about the same size of the new Peugeot !
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #4345
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sparrowhawk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Eastern Washington, USA
Oddometer: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
- could there be room for spare tires under the hood?
Maybe Mustache Man has made the move to four wheels for the next Dakar?
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #4346
pfdskipper
Westside Trash
 
pfdskipper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Litchfield Park, Az
Oddometer: 1,023
A little earlier in the thread

The Mustache Man and his move has been confirmed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
3 minutes ago on FB:




Car #205? :lol
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #4347
michael1968
Studly Adventurer
 
michael1968's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Oddometer: 739
So I hear from the guys at my local KTM dealer that Australian rider Troy O'Conner will be 'water carrier' for the GHR Honda team at next years Dakar.

I assume it's at least one of the Smith brothers he'll be supporting if not both.
michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 AM   #4348
nry
.
 
nry's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1968 View Post
So I hear from the guys at my local KTM dealer that Australian rider Troy O'Conner will be 'water carrier' for the GHR Honda team at next years Dakar.

I assume it's at least one of the Smith brothers he'll be supporting if not both.
Last time I spoke to GH about Dakar the team wasn't going back and all bikes were up for sale that was about ten months ago. Speaking to him before Condo but not about Dakar, I'd be surprised if the current situation had meant he had changed his mind.
I have to go down soon I'll ask him.
I'd love it if he had changed his mind though Australia needs someone to fill a role like Desert Rose in the UK or Memo tours in Holland or Rally management services etc. GHR haven't done that so far though they provide the complete package. It's odd the Australian competitors have gone with overseas providers even the two years GHR went.
They have all the stuff and did have a truck over there, not sure where it is now though.

Maybe in a few years if no one provides that service you and I could start up a new venture now there's a job I could enjoy.

Would Troy be fast enough to be a true water carrier ?
nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #4349
michael1968
Studly Adventurer
 
michael1968's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by nry View Post
Last time I spoke to GH about Dakar the team wasn't going back and all bikes were up for sale that was about ten months ago. Speaking to him before Condo but not about Dakar, I'd be surprised if the current situation had meant he had changed his mind.
I have to go down soon I'll ask him.
I'd love it if he had changed his mind though Australia needs someone to fill a role like Desert Rose in the UK or Memo tours in Holland or Rally management services etc. GHR haven't done that so far though they provide the complete package. It's odd the Australian competitors have gone with overseas providers even the two years GHR went.
They have all the stuff and did have a truck over there, not sure where it is now though.

Maybe in a few years if no one provides that service you and I could start up a new venture now there's a job I could enjoy.

Would Troy be fast enough to be a true water carrier ?
Yeah, I thought I had heard that they weren't going back but I heard this one from a guy who knows a guy...

That said I did see Troy hanging around with Glenn at lunch on Sunday at Condo.

Not sure on Troy's speed but from what the bloke at the dealer (who's apparently a friend of Troys) said he didn't pay for the spot, maybe he's helped attract sponsors?


On the GHR team, at a Dakar/Safari info night a while back (at the pub Troy owns... lucky bastard) someone made a similar comment to yours about the GHR team looking like a good set up for the Dakar but one Dakar veteran there made a comment about no one wanting to ride their bike.


You stole the daydream right out of my head....
michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #4350
nry
.
 
nry's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 1,339
Agree with everything you said, maybe they are going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1968 View Post

On the GHR team, at a Dakar/Safari info night a while back (at the pub Troy owns... lucky bastard) someone made a similar comment to yours about the GHR team looking like a good set up for the Dakar but one Dakar veteran there made a comment about no one wanting to ride their bike.

Yep, I think it's a good bike but it's no KTM450RR by which I mean its basically a heavily modified X and not as easy to maintain for a start. I've heard similar comments by the sound of it. There's no pleasing some people !

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1968 View Post

You stole the daydream right out of my head....
One day, all we need is a ute
nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014