Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #4396
Frgich
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Hope they do better calculations than they did on the wheels for the PUG promo billy-cart then...

Perfecthansel: "Okay Senôr Matador, you and engineers make the car in a good way... and we - le moto elite... make the victories... no?"

SP: "okaaay Cyril, mon apprentice nouvelle... next time, it is YOU in the passenger seat... oui? Ze first time you test ze car... an' you f¤%& it!"

Puegeot... the lion of the desert... squeaks again!
I like to start a day with Troys comments, totally hilarious
Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #4397
ZequeArgentina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Nasser to toyota

Surprising news : Nasser will tackle the Dakar 2015 in a Toyota.

He informed this situation in Gulf regional media, please see:

http://www.gulf-times.com/mobile//s...al-attiyah-to-switch-to-toyota-for-dakar-2015

It looks like the SouthAfrican team will include him alongside Giniel, what a strong team to fight with Peugeots and Mini.
Otherwise he will be leading Overdrive armada, a partnership with the Southafrican team.

In Mini camp there seems to be lack of really top drivers, only Roma, and them some good but not top level:
Terranova, Hollowcyk.
ZequeArgentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #4398
Aquatic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,513
Going to be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina View Post
Surprising news : Nasser will tackle the Dakar 2015 in a Toyota.

He informed this situation in Gulf regional media, please see:

http://www.gulf-times.com/mobile//s...al-attiyah-to-switch-to-toyota-for-dakar-2015

It looks like the SouthAfrican team will include him alongside Giniel, what a strong team to fight with Peugeots and Mini.
Otherwise he will be leading Overdrive armada, a partnership with the Southafrican team.

In Mini camp there seems to be lack of really top drivers, only Roma, and them some good but not top level:
Terranova, Hollowcyk.
Aquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #4399
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,223
I think highly of Giniel and love those Toyota trucks, so despite the fact that Nasser isn't my favorite racer I'm going to be happy for Toyota if they do well. Cars are going to be great to follow in January.

RG is kicking his tires, getting his HST ready:

Old 06-25-2014, 01:45 AM   #4400
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,741
Nasser to Toyota...

Nasser jumping ship over to Toyota...? With the defection of Peterhansel and now Al Attiyah from X-Raid, seems the Mini ranks will be a bit thinner - as Zeque suggests in his post.

How will this pan out for Nasser? Personally, I see his hopping from team to team (since the dissolution of the VW Red Bull factory outfit after 2011) each year since, to be a little bit mercinary* for mine. *Well, he's not even a mercinary (hired gun) really... in as much as it is the sponsor money he brings with him that "pays" for his rides... Not withstanding the fact that he is a very talented driver - but me wonders if the teams he ends up in, consider him as something of a cash cow - as opposed to a bona fide "team member".

On an event like DAKAR, often the "team" is an important part of the package... and long term relations tend to foster success at that level - even when there are big dollars are involved.

Nasser's switch to Toyota does not necessarily mean he will end up with "top billing" in the team driver (priority) stakes either... A lot will have to do if it is a SA Toyota (Imperial Team) or a satellite Overdrive seat that he gets... but still, I'd be of the impression that Giniel is the designated #1... and we've seen before that Nasser does not like the #2 position so much...

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 06-25-2014 at 02:45 AM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #4401
nry

Oddometer: 1,334
How can this be ?

And just incase you missed it. I know about safaribergs thread but thought it should be in here also.

Everyone in the oz forum is in shock I think.

I had a fairly laid back approach to my shot at the Safari this year but now I know it may well be the last one for a while, possibly ever, I have to get serious and make sure I finish it.

STATEMENT FROM THE EVENT DIRECTOR
The last one - Safari 2014

After seven years in Western Australia, it’s with a heavy heart that we wish to advise the 2014 Australasian Safari will be the last one held in Western Australia.

My company Australian Safari Pty Ltd has a contract with Tourism Western Australia. The contract contains the option for TWA to extend the current agreement for a further th...ree years (2015 to 2017). TWA has declined to take up this option in the current climate.

In these tough economic conditions, it is fair to say we have done a very good job running an international level motorsport event. However, the anticipated growth in competitor numbers and external commercial support has not been realised.

After working very hard for a number of years, we haven’t been able to significantly increase the size and media impact of the event to justify the investment.

Tourism Western Australia has been a wonderful partner. Whilst I am devastated, I respect their decision and give my commitment to my stakeholders, sponsors and the competitors that Safari 2014 will be an amazing experience.

I would like to thank my team in my office, the 2014 Organising Committee and our volunteer officials who have been so supportive of our ambitions.

The 2014 Australasian Safari will run as planned and will be a celebration of a motorsport icon that it truly is.

Regards
Justin Hunt
Event Director
nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #4402
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Been waiting for a production 450 Rally bike from the dealer floor...?

Hell yes...!

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/raid/44...types=og.likes

Old 06-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #4403
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
That is one sweet bike. I didn't see if it's available in the states though. Most likely not, at least not here in the People's Republic of California.
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #4404
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZJohn View Post
That is one sweet bike. I didn't see if it's available in the states though. Most likely not, at least not here in the People's Republic of California.
On the website, it states that the US dealers are located in Indiana, Minnesota and Missouri...

... head from the Hills and drive east John... now!

Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #4405
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZJohn View Post
I didn't see if it's available in the states though. Most likely not,
Doubtful. It uses the Yamaha WR 450 engine. Gas Gas's use agreement with Yamaha is they cannot import anything with the Yamaha 4stroke engine into the states.

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #4406
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,223
Quote:
I'm not planning on buying one, but I wonder how much they cost.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #4407
Gany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Thats JVO racing, they already do kits for the WR450s so could you not bolt on one of those to a bike already in the States?
Gany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #4408
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,436
No it is not the same bike they campaigned in Dakar two years ago, that was a WR450, this is based on there own frame etc.

And Troy, it has been on there website for over a year.

Edit, it is made by Jvo, my mistake, I thought you were referring to the WR450s they ran at Dakar in 13.
tHEtREV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #4409
Trang
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Any sign yet of the CRF Rally being publicly available?

I seem to recall a story recently that the KTM RR was 'somewhat' available?
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #4410
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
No it is not the same bike they campaigned in Dakar two years ago, that was a WR450, this is based on there own frame etc.

And Troy, it has been on there website for over a year.

Edit, it is made by Jvo, my mistake, I thought you were referring to the WR450s they ran at Dakar in 13.
b4 shooting ones self in the foot, I find it's best to first extract it from mouth... (I have personal experience you know? )

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 06-27-2014 at 12:44 AM