ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #616
Beez
Given to fly
 
Beez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Framingham, MA
Oddometer: 5,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Why, does the loud outfit make you faster?
I think it must, look at what all the SX/MX riders wear.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #617
ArthDuro
quarantined
 
ArthDuro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Westsideistan
Oddometer: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
You can order the Venture Jacket though any UK online shop (Try Racespec.co.uk for example) and get one posted though?
You sure could but I was talking about Coma's gear this year.
It is AStars stuff but nothing like what they offer anywhere.
The question being is it really AStar stuff or
just branded custom gear like the Kenny jackets.
They do look more involved then the kenny jackets in construction
more seams an flaps and whatever. And it would be out of character for them to brand anything but their own product at such a high level.

Maybe we will see a new line from astars hehe

function fashion in dakar



I often have to apply logos and what not to clothing as part of my work gig so I find this stuff interesting.
__________________
my nx250 project pics
my mini ride reports
"parts made of unobtanium"
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #618
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
I think it must, look at what all the SX/MX riders wear.

Yea, you got that right

Hey Jenny, I understand what you're saying, marketing companies love that stuff. The lesson......Dressing like a clown is important when you want to get your racing paid for
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #619
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
You sure could but I was talking about Coma's gear this year.
It is AStars stuff but nothing like what they offer anywhere.
The question being is it really AStar stuff or
just branded custom gear like the Kenny jackets.
They do look more involved then the kenny jackets in construction
more seams an flaps and whatever. And it would be out of character for them to brand anything but their own product at such a high level.

Maybe we will see a new line from astars hehe

function fashion in dakar



I often have to apply logos and what not to clothing as part of my work gig so I find this stuff interesting.
Hi Art' yes apologies for using your specific quote to go off on one regarding Alpinestars x

Looking at the photo, I'd say you're right that it isn't anything currently commercially available (particularly the lack of collar so you can wear a neck brace), but again, like you say, I don't think it is anyone else's jacket either, as it looks very 'Alpinestars' in construction/material...

Perhaps it is a factory jacket made specifically for Marc and Juan?

I want one!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #620
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
...Dressing like a clown is important when you want to get your racing paid for
Hee hee - I see Franco Picco was sponsored by McDonalds Italy again this year... I can just imagine his riding gear next year!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #621
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Hee hee - I see Franco Picco was sponsored by McDonalds Italy again this year... I can just imagine his riding gear next year!

Jx
I guess I shouldn't talk, I've got a pair of Orange Klim pants
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #622
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!
 
Lobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Oddometer: 27,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
you haven't tried riding a rally yet have you?


I understand the importance of gear to keep you comfortable and safe. I was just
Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #623
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post


I understand the importance of gear to keep you comfortable and safe. I was just
Plus, they look soooo coool!!!

__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #624
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Why does the loud outfit make you faster?
nothing makes me faster
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #625
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by schattat View Post
SafariBerg got me interested in a similar product from Australia from Sprint Design (the jacket isn't listed on their site)!!!

Here SafariBergs version:


http://projects.sprintdesign.com.au/condak.html

These jackets are very good, they are the lighest and coolest (as in degrees C or F) rallye jacket you will find, essentially they are a MX jersey weight material cut like a rallye jacket with pockets and Leatt brace cut out, so very light and fully custom and cheap about $170AUS ea plus any design work you want which is also cheap.

The pockets, are 2 side ones and large rear one, and a zip openeing for the Camelbak at the rear top.

But since they are cool & light they are not strong, if you crash they will tear the same as a MX jersey.................but for me that's a small -ve.

The Kenny's will be stronger for sure, but still much hotter than these I am sure.

They fit well over body armour like Dianese.

There is a winter fleece on like the photo below and also a summer mesh one like a mesh MX jersy, which is what I used in 2010 Dakar, really breathable.

__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #626
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,433
Warning - another shameless self plug here!

I've been busy updating the www.jennydakar.com website over the past couple of days, and it's now live again with a new photo album full of Dakar pictures - a great number not seen before - plus the new Team T-shirts and other merchandise deals are now on-sale online!

Please check out the new photos, and let me know what you think over on the 'Dakar Dazed' thread...

Jxx

ps. Piglet has asked me to remind you all that later today (27th January) at 10pm GMT, there will be a live interview on www.bikerfm.co.uk with Piglet talking about his favorite records... (erm, are you sure that's right? ed.)

Hopefully there might also be an opportunity for me to say something about my ill-fated Dakar attempt this year too...

Toot toot!
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #627
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Warning - another shameless self plug here!

I've been busy updating the www.jennydakar.com website over the past couple of days, and it's now live again with a new photo album full of Dakar pictures - a great number not seen before - plus the new Team T-shirts and other merchandise deals are now on-sale online!

Please check out the new photos, and let me know what you think over on the 'Dakar Dazed' thread...

Jxx

ps. Piglet has asked me to remind you all that later today (27th January) at 10pm GMT, there will be a live interview on www.bikerfm.co.uk with Piglet talking about his favorite records... (erm, are you sure that's right? ed.)

Hopefully there might also be an opportunity for me to say something about my ill-fated Dakar attempt this year too...

Toot toot!
just got home last night to my JM Racing support pack-nice bit of kit in there. cheers
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #628
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed
 
JMo (& piglet)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere west of Laramie...
Oddometer: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
just got home last night to my JM Racing support pack-nice bit of kit in there. cheers
Yea! Glad to hear they are getting there at last... got a couple of people in the US still waiting, but this gives me faith the post office haven't simply robbed them over Christmas...

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #629
yety61
Global Vagabond
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The Big Island in the Pacific
Oddometer: 1,194
Only 48 weeks to go!!!
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #630
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer
 
Evil Invader's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Hell-sing-land, Sweden
Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
Only 48 weeks to go!!!
And the countdown has begun...
__________________
690 "DIY" thread (incl. "Rallybike build"): http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708813

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014