Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #1096
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmum View Post
So true! Well I can tell you number 36 Sam Sunderland is 22 and doing his first Dakar - go Sam!!
GO! Sam GO!
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #1097
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2011/us/r...stanovnik.html

Army officer..
  • 2011 : Bike | 13th
  • 2010 : Bike | withdrawal 3
  • 2009 : Bike | 13th
  • 2007 : Bike | 13th
  • 2006 : Bike | 24th
  • 2004 : Bike | 15th
  • 2003 : Bike | 33th
  • 2002 : Bike | withdrawal 13
  • 2001 : Bike | 21th
  • 2000 : Bike | withdrawal 13
  • 1999 : Bike | 44th

“Last year I witnessed the hardest stage of my life on day 3 when I broke my finger. Everyone remembers the cow I hit in Africa but that stage going to Fiambala was a nightmare. I then had to have two operations. This year with the best riders on 450cc bikes, no-one knows what to expect. I was able to test in Tunisia but the technology and the style is so different compared to the bigger bikes. It's a lighter bike (25kgs less) and you have to adapt to a different brake distance and acceleration. My goal is to finish as close as possible of the Top 10. I no longer come for an adventure but as an athlete. In the World Cup races I competed in, there isn't one rider that I haven't beaten and I'm crazy enough to battle it out with anyone. I have a lot of respect for the race but I'm not afraid of the Dakar. I just know it isn't a children's game.”
top ten this year!
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #1098
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Yep, Sam has to be the one to follow. 22 and i have seldom seen a fitter person, this guy gets joy out of pushing (punishing) his body. He can ride fast, has a brain, reckon he will do well as a first timer at Dakar.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #1099
doghouseracing
Freedom Rally Racing

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
I sure wished they put the pilots ages on the start list..
At 65 I am sure Mike is going to be the oldest rider.
Attached Images

doghouseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #1100
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
hola Sr. Packmule, is it too soon for custom F5 avatars? Here's a rough idea...

dentvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #1101
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentvet View Post

Well, it is an improvement.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #1102
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,329
And Sam one of the youngest at 22 - so just a feww gaps to fill in
Attached Images

too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #1103
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,403

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #1104
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Nice promo. Had somewhat forgotten how brutal that Kemal Merkit crash was...

I see he's on the entry list again this year
Old 11-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #1105
PackMule OP
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentvet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Well, it is an improvement.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #1106
Tau Anvil
African by trade

Oddometer: 246
1;43 Albert Hintenaus he finished 51st
and 1:29 Ian stevenson DNF starting again 2012.
I need a Safari rear tank for my 2013 Wr450 if anybody has one.
Tau Anvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #1107
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
The Official KTM Rally Team Presentation

This year's video has been released:

Watch full size & in HD.

Not as beautiful as their effort in the last two years, but maybe I'm spoiled

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 AM   #1108
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Newsletter: Strong KTM lineup for Dakar 2012

KTM: Ready to Race Dakar 2012!

When the KTM Factory rally team went off to Fontjouncouse in the south of France recently it was all about carrying out final tests on the KTM 450 rally bike ahead of the challenge of Dakar 2012, to enjoy the camaraderie of the Orange Rally Family and to have some fun. Now the countdown is in full swing for the world’s most important rally and the KTM factory riders are all “Ready to Race”.

The official KTM Factory Rally Team, under the leadership of manager Alex Doringer and technical manager Stefan Huber was announced last week at EICMA, the world’s biggest motorcycle fair. Cyril Despres renewed his contract with KTM at EICMA and Marc Coma renewed his commitment to the Austrian manufacturer in September, once again securing the world’s two leading rally riders for the company’s attempt at its eleventh consecutive Dakar victory. Coma of Spain and French-born Despres have each won the Dakar Rally three times and together represent one of the most exciting rivalries in modern motorsports. In 2011 their two support riders or ‘water carriers’ will continue to be Juan Pedrero of Spain for Coma and Ruben Faria of Portugal for Despres. While all four riders belong to the KTM Factory Rally Team, they will ride in the respective liveries of their individual sponsors: Coma and Pedrero for MRW KTM and Despres and Faria for Red Bull KTM.

All four will compete on the latest KTM 450 Rally bike, which has undergone overall updates and improvements to the 2011 model on which Coma and Despres successfully absolved the bike’s maiden Dakar ride, finishing 1-2 after 17 days grueling competition.

Also at the final tests in the south of France was KTM Enduro Factory Team rider Johnny Aubert, who is to also get his first taste of the thrill of the Dakar in 2012. Johnny, who will continue to contest the E2 World Championships in 2012, will be riding a standard KTM Rally bike and will be taken care of by the KTM Customer Service, which supports the many KTM privateers who contest the rally. Around 50% of competitors put their trust in KTM for this, the toughest of all rallies.

Alex Doringer: “What we want to do is to give Johnny a taste of what its like in the Dakar. His object not be to get a top result on his first time out, but to finish the rally and to learn as much as possible in the process.”

The KTM Factory Team’s vast amount of equipment for the Dakar Rally is scheduled to leave for Argentina from the French port of Le Havre on Monday November 21.

Go to: http://www.ktmimages.com/browse/images/1910 for images online of the KTM Factory Rally Team tests in France

Check out the video from the final test: http://www.youtube.com/ktm

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #1109
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
KTM: Ready to Race Dakar 2012!

When the KTM Factory rally team went off to Fontjouncouse in the south of France recently it was all about carrying out final tests on the KTM 450 rally bike ahead of the challenge of Dakar 2012, to enjoy the camaraderie of the Orange Rally Family and to have some fun. Now the countdown is in full swing for the world’s most important rally and the KTM factory riders are all “Ready to Race”.

The official KTM Factory Rally Team, under the leadership of manager Alex Doringer and technical manager Stefan Huber was announced last week at EICMA, the world’s biggest motorcycle fair. Cyril Despres renewed his contract with KTM at EICMA and Marc Coma renewed his commitment to the Austrian manufacturer in September, once again securing the world’s two leading rally riders for the company’s attempt at its eleventh consecutive Dakar victory. Coma of Spain and French-born Despres have each won the Dakar Rally three times and together represent one of the most exciting rivalries in modern motorsports. In 2011 their two support riders or ‘water carriers’ will continue to be Juan Pedrero of Spain for Coma and Ruben Faria of Portugal for Despres. While all four riders belong to the KTM Factory Rally Team, they will ride in the respective liveries of their individual sponsors: Coma and Pedrero for MRW KTM and Despres and Faria for Red Bull KTM.

All four will compete on the latest KTM 450 Rally bike, which has undergone overall updates and improvements to the 2011 model on which Coma and Despres successfully absolved the bike’s maiden Dakar ride, finishing 1-2 after 17 days grueling competition.

Also at the final tests in the south of France was KTM Enduro Factory Team rider Johnny Aubert, who is to also get his first taste of the thrill of the Dakar in 2012. Johnny, who will continue to contest the E2 World Championships in 2012, will be riding a standard KTM Rally bike and will be taken care of by the KTM Customer Service, which supports the many KTM privateers who contest the rally. Around 50% of competitors put their trust in KTM for this, the toughest of all rallies.

Alex Doringer: “What we want to do is to give Johnny a taste of what its like in the Dakar. His object not be to get a top result on his first time out, but to finish the rally and to learn as much as possible in the process.”

The KTM Factory Team’s vast amount of equipment for the Dakar Rally is scheduled to leave for Argentina from the French port of Le Havre on Monday November 21.

Go to: http://www.ktmimages.com/browse/images/1910 for images online of the KTM Factory Rally Team tests in France

Check out the video from the final test: http://www.youtube.com/ktm

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -

Looks like a perfect team, who else has a chance ???
(pictures from KTM press image page )

From left to right: Johnny Aubert, Ruben Faria, Cyril Despres, Marc Coma and Joan Pedrero
( Johnny Aubert is not a team member of the official KTM rally team 2012, he is a privatier, supported from KTM )

Cyril Despres

Joan Pedrero

Johnny Aubert

Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #1110
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597

She's beautiful.

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote