Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #1516
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Oddometer: 329
[QUOTE=Dr.Z;20167155]

I'm just lucky enough to have gone on some cool rides.

I wish I would have started doing this when I was a lot younger.

/QUOTE]

Don't we all wish we started when we were younger! Just think how good at riding we could be now!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #1517
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumperô

Oddometer: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post

I'm just lucky enough to have gone on some cool rides.

I wish I would have started doing this when I was a lot younger.

Hopefully, there's plenty of epic rides yet to come.

Carpe Diem!
I want some curb free zones.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #1518
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

CADS MEETING TONIGHT

AT OUR CURRENT MEETING PLACE

We will have TONIGHT's (WEDNESDAY) meeting at our CURRENT LOCATION OF

WHOLE FOODS MARKET

at 7:00PM.

This is the same location of Whole Foods that we have held our meetings at before and is located at

10601 San Jose Blvd., Jacksonville,

the phone number is (904) 288-1100.

See map link below.

http://goo.gl/maps/4X1j

This is our last meeting at this location

Our next meeting will be at our NEW LOCATION

See you at Whole Foods Market.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #1519
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Welcome to the riders that stopped by our meeting tonight to meet us CADS.

We'll add you to the CADS email list.

A few CADS are getting together for a early ride at the Gnarly Playground this Saturday.

PM me for details if you would like to join in the ride.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #1520
duckboy810
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Hey inmates!

i was wondering if you guys could key me in some cool places to ride around northern FL. I plan on being there for christmas (roughly the 22nd to 30th). Ill be hauling to GA and riding into gainesville for the week. What im looking for is some offroad trail riding, maybe a ride to a beach maybe camp a night? if you know of some cool places let me know. Id say i would ride up to 4 hours to a location. I have a adv990 and can certainly keep it between my legs i just dont have much experience in deep soft sand, but would love to get some practice in! Ill be poking around for some threads but thought id say hello and see what you guys have
Instagram: Duckboy810
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #1521
D6066
Lost in the Woods

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckboy810 View Post
Hey inmates!

i was wondering if you guys could key me in some cool places to ride around northern FL. I plan on being there for christmas (roughly the 22nd to 30th). Ill be hauling to GA and riding into gainesville for the week. What im looking for is some offroad trail riding, maybe a ride to a beach maybe camp a night? if you know of some cool places let me know. Id say i would ride up to 4 hours to a location. I have a adv990 and can certainly keep it between my legs i just dont have much experience in deep soft sand, but would love to get some practice in! Ill be poking around for some threads but thought id say hello and see what you guys have

Keep an eye on this thread, rides will be posted as they are planned.

The state and national forest are great around here for riding.

If you venture off road solo, be advised hunting season is going on until sometime in January.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #1522
zx250r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by twthinking View Post
Welcome to the riders that stopped by our meeting tonight to meet us CADS.

We'll add you to the CADS email list.

A few CADS are getting together for a early ride at the Gnarly Playground this Saturday.

PM me for details if you would like to join in the ride.
Cant pm on cellphone, can I get the ride info?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #1523
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx250r View Post
Cant pm on cellphone, can I get the ride info?
PM sent...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #1524
dcspringer
n00b

Oddometer: 9
17 inch front wheel conversion

Hello...I'm new to the forum and was looking for information about converting from a 19 inch front wheel to a 17 on my 2012 GS. I'm more of a sport bike type of rider but because of my size I ride the GS. I'm looking for information to see if anyone has done the wheel conversion. I would like to go to a front and rear mag that would allow me to put stickier tires on for when I do track days. YES...I SAID TRACK DAYS! Hoping someone on here has done this...knows someone who has done this....or knows where I can find more information about this.
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #1525
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcspringer View Post
Hello...I'm new to the forum and was looking for information about converting from a 19 inch front wheel to a 17 on my 2012 GS. I'm more of a sport bike type of rider but because of my size I ride the GS. I'm looking for information to see if anyone has done the wheel conversion. I would like to go to a front and rear mag that would allow me to put stickier tires on for when I do track days. YES...I SAID TRACK DAYS! Hoping someone on here has done this...knows someone who has done this....or knows where I can find more information about this.
Thanks!
Welcome to the fun. There is an inmate here and he is a member of the BMWNEF group that has a second set of wheels with the 17 front just for his GS like your are asking about, and hopefully he will see your post. You might also post this question down in the Gspot thread where I am sure many have done what you are talking about. I thought the 19 did fine at the track when I was running around it. We used to have a day out at Jennings when the BMW group would rent it out and run everything out there. I remember plenty of GS's balsting past me with bags and everything hanging on them... Just when I thought I was going fast..

Come and join us for some fun.

Cheers,
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #1526
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckboy810 View Post
Hey inmates!

Nice little campsite north of Daytona and south of St. Auggie - http://beverlybeachcamptown.com/

Camp right on the beach. Not much off road other than my special local spots . So you may want to check out
Ocala National Forest about 45 miles inland from Ormond. Oh yea this time of year the beach is free to drive on. Let me know if ya need any more local info - food, pubs or even assistance if ya get in a jam. I also plan on a ONF trip around that time - just no set date yet.

Have a safe trip. FU
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #1527
dcspringer
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
Welcome to the fun. There is an inmate here and he is a member of the BMWNEF group that has a second set of wheels with the 17 front just for his GS like your are asking about, and hopefully he will see your post. You might also post this question down in the Gspot thread where I am sure many have done what you are talking about. I thought the 19 did fine at the track when I was running around it. We used to have a day out at Jennings when the BMW group would rent it out and run everything out there. I remember plenty of GS's balsting past me with bags and everything hanging on them... Just when I thought I was going fast..

Come and join us for some fun.

Cheers,
Thanks for the information....I was actually at the last BMWNEF meeting and asked if anyone there had a 17 inch for the front. I talked to one individual who had purchased a set of wheel off a R1200R but they were spoke....for what I'm wanting to do I prefer the mag wheels. Maybe the person you're talking about is someone different.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #1528
duckboy810
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
awesome!! so when you say the beach is free to drive on are you talking about daytona? are there other more remote beaches you can ride on too? I have a feeling ill def be heading to ocala national forest and explore hopefully i can find some single track or more technical stuff somewhere in my travels.

anyone else have places to ride or gpx tracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
Nice little campsite north of Daytona and south of St. Auggie - http://beverlybeachcamptown.com/

Camp right on the beach. Not much off road other than my special local spots . So you may want to check out
Ocala National Forest about 45 miles inland from Ormond. Oh yea this time of year the beach is free to drive on. Let me know if ya need any more local info - food, pubs or even assistance if ya get in a jam. I also plan on a ONF trip around that time - just no set date yet.

Have a safe trip. FU
Instagram: Duckboy810
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #1529
zx250r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
the first Friday of each month there is a meeting at ton up I'm going tonight if anyone wants to go
Old 12-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #1530
mr_guns
Look Mom no hands!

Oddometer: 700
Ocala Ride

Rode over to Day 13ís house and loaded up ready to head to Ocala.

Our leader Carson showed up. He brought Wolfgang. Carson is the only one in our group that refuses to wear a helmet, what a rebel.

Others started showing up. We started at Salt Spring Ranger information center on US 19.

Waybill led the ride and did a great job. Hey itís hunting in Ocala and we didnít get shot.

Check out that light. I think I ended up in the middle of a Baja race. Well at least we know who is going to lead the next night ride. Donít we Kaosrider?

Sam showed up wondering where the rest of the guys were. Ok there they are.

Here comes Carson, him and wolfgang were sweep.

This trip was a scouting ride so waybill could find trails for the BMW ride in January. I think he was noting the down trees so he could show big bike riders how to go over logs.

After lunch we came out to find Wolfgang. He kicked Carson out of his seat, whatís up with that?

A quick break before heading down a pretty nice trail. Well D6066 might not of thought so. That KLR found all the deep sand, and there was a lot in a few places. Man they need rain down there.

This area was nice but you had to go through deep sand just around that corner to get there. The big bikes wonít be coming this way.

We were all getting tired. Iím not sure though, that might be a look of shear ecstasy.

I noticed Koasrider wasnít behind me so I turned around. He wasnít next to his bike but it was standing up without a kickstand?

Koasrider was scratching his head trying to figure out how he did this.

Great ride enjoyed it guys. Tip: the food in that little shopping area by the ranger station was awesome and the prices were out outstanding. With that (the food) the ride was a huge success.

06 DRZ-400S
08 Piaggio MP3
Closed Thread