Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #1546
roadking99
semper fi

Oddometer: 70
Meeting????

Hey Guys...any word on a meeting tonite? Thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #1547
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking99 View Post
Check your email.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #1548
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking99 View Post
Yes, meeting tonight is at Hurricane Wings on San Jose Blvd at Julington Creek at 7:00pm. Dean should be posting something up soon.

Rumor is there will be talk of another ride......
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #1549
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Oddometer: 329
Hi CADS riders,

The weather is getting cooler and the change of season is in the air.

CADS riders are getting out and riding!

That also means that it is time for a change in venue for our weekly meetings.

We are meeting tonight!

Our NEW venue is Hurricane Grill and Wings

located at 12795 San Jose Blvd. Suite 16 in Jacksonville.

The phone number to the restaurant

is 904-260-8338.

Here is a link to their web site; http://www.hurricanewings.com/.

And here is a link to a map of the location of the restaurant we will be meeting at;

http://goo.gl/maps/4iq6r

There are several locations of

Hurricane Grill and Wings

so please read the address and look at the map for the location that we are going to meet at.

See you there…
Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #1550
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Scout Ride

A ride is planned for this Saturday. Meet Salt Springs Shopping/Welcome Center 11:00am. This is another scouting run. This means we have no idea where we are going or what we will find. Dead end, trees downs, generally just lost

It one is up for this form of entertainment, then join us for some "creeping" If you want us to wait, make sure someone knows you are coming, and of course make sure that they actually make it there on time

We will start riding about 11:45, then eat from 1200-2:30 get ready to ride again 2:30-4:00 then ride from 4:15 to 4:30. Then back to trailers for trip home.. Does that sound about right?

Just kidding....I think
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1551
zx250r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
A ride is planned for this Saturday. Meet Salt Springs Shopping/Welcome Center 11:00am. This is another scouting run. This means we have no idea where we are going or what we will find. Dead end, trees downs, generally just lost

It one is up for this form of entertainment, then join us for some "creeping" If you want us to wait, make sure someone knows you are coming, and of course make sure that they actually make it there on time

We will start riding about 11:45, then eat from 1200-2:30 get ready to ride again 2:30-4:00 then ride from 4:15 to 4:30. Then back to trailers for trip home.. Does that sound about right?

Just kidding....I think

damn, i'll be riding in osceola. let me know if anyone comes by sat.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #1552
DunlopC
Canadian Import

Oddometer: 90
Ocala National Forest ride 15DEC2012

The meeting spot is "Salt Springs Square" plaza on the corner of Marion County Road 316 and State Road 19 (CR 316 & SR 19); Google address = 14100 FL-19, Fort McCoy, Marion, FL 32134 (Salt Springs recreation area, North East of Little Lake Kerr) and the Google maps GPS address = 29.358342,-81.735535 for Salt Springs Square.
There is also an Ocala National Forest visitors center and Buck-n-Bass Sports Center located in the same plaza. http://www.bucknbasssports.com/contact.htm

The plan is to leave from the plaza at 11:00am sharp.

DunlopC screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 08:31 PM
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #1553
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,380
You should see some trucks w/ trailers parked together on the south end of the strip mall or on your left as you turn in from headed south on 19.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #1554
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
I do think that is the plan. Actually the guys from South Carolina BMW are going to be there. They are supposed to do "some" training to get interest up for the Off road School. Hopefully Bill C can give us some more detail on his Dakar Racing last year.

Oh, and I think there should be enough sand..
COOL!!! I did their class a few years ago! Bill C and Ray H are AMAZING riders!!!....and instructors! Best money I ever spent on the bike, learning how to really ride it!!!!! But since my tree mating incident last year my confidence has been a bit down, having a practice run before we hit the trails would be nice.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #1555
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Scouting Trip

Well we had another great scouting trip to Ocala National Forest. I am thinking December is a great time to ride. Temps in the 70's (which still had us sweating like old dogs ). Anyway posted up the ride this time and we had only 5 of us So much for big demand on going riding...

Anyway had 2 riders join us who had not been on these scouting excursions recently. One on a Husky with real street tires, I mean they were not even dual sport So much for thinking you can do it with out knobbies
I will post a bunch of pictures without too much comment. Some of the areas are the same and some not. There was a little rain out these since our last ride.It helped conditions a little. It created 2 water holes for the entire ride. And of course yours truely fall over in the deep one I found the water to be very cold, So I was up and running in line before anyone noticed

Move along nothing to see just a nap

I bet you thought I was kidding about the street tires Needless to say, I had nothing to say about the sand
with him riding in it with those tire. Sand? What sand...

More to come stay tuned..

kaosrider screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 06:59 PM
Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #1556
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Scouting

So we were having fun...

Some great forest stuff

Then we found some sand

After a short nap, Sam's bike would not start. Push the magic button and nothing.

So expert advise was given. Did you push the button really hard? Did you check the kill switch, you know, really technical stuff

So we are going to have to go in I emloyed my management skills to keep myself busy

Actually Sam had an old wire wrapped around his handbar. I tried to throw it away when we loaded the bikes on the trailer. He yelled at me to leave it, this is a 350 he said, you need stuff like that....

It actually took Sam about 30 seconds to start his bike using the wire directly from the battery to the starting thing-a-ma-jig He used this technique for the rest of the ride So we were back in business

Back to the bikes

Then a mad dash to lunch

After lunch back to some more woods

Another good day in December in Florida
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #1557
D6066
Lost in the Woods

Oddometer: 165
Looks like it was fun, Wish I'd been there.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #1558
duckboy810
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
should be down that way next week siked, cool shots too!
Instagram: Duckboy810
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #1559
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 713
Nice report Rich, it's probably my favorite area to ride this time of year, provides enough of a challenge with some nice scenery.

Keep in mind there aren't any pictures of the tricky stuff cause it takes both hands and full attention (at least mine) to get thru it, you'll have to use your imagination.

We may have to adjust the route some as it gets closer to the GS ride depending on conditions and how we're doing on time then, but I think we now know where we can and can't take the big bikes to keep the group moving along at a decent pace. Thanks all you guys for coming on the different rides and providing feedback, it's a big help getting some practice in before the event and to get a feel for things. Not that we need an excuse to go down there and just have some fun....

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #1560
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
Thanks for all you guys do to put together the GS ride.........We all know its so tough to have to drag yourself out there to figure out a route!! Seriously though, it is appreciated!! See ya in a month!!!
Closed Thread