User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #61
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,635
Wow, there are rules here, but wheelies are allowed. I am so confused.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #62
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,693
Nice wheelie. You and Inept ought to compare notes!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #63
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
Wow, there are rules here, but wheelies are allowed. I am so confused.
Allowed and encouraged!!! Just not on the public streets of Florida. That picture was taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway at about 5200ft elevation. Harder to do there but still just as much fun as at sea level.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #64
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthinking
Allowed and encouraged!!! Just not on the public streets of Florida.

Why, is it illegal or something?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 01-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #65
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z
Nice wheelie. You and Inept ought to compare notes!
Thanks. I'm glad you didn't see the wheelies that I did on the Saturday ride. I was in "stealth mode" and only doing them when I was waiting on the rest of the group. Don't tell Bill, he hates it when I do them, esp. when I ride them for a short distance. We'll make it our little secret.

twthinking screwed with this post 01-31-2010 at 08:17 PM
Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #66
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Why, is it illegal or something?
Yes, in Florida it is illegal. $1000.00 fine first time $3000.00 fine second time and $5000.00 third time and a free trip to visit the local iron gate hotel for each occurrence.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #67
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Yes, in Florida it is illegal. $1000.00 fine first time $3000.00 fine second time and $5000.00 third time and a free trip to visit the local iron gate hotel for each occurrence.

Riding wheelies is a lot like cheating... It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #68
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Riding wheelies is a lot like cheating... It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.
I like the way you think!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #69
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
I like the way you think!!!

There's a lot of peeps that have the same views. You need to make it to BQF to find out.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #70
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
There's a lot of peeps that have the same views. You need to make it to BQF to find out.
Some of our club members are going. I may make it if this week goes well. Got to get work things done first you know.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #71
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

CADS club ride 1-31-10

There seems to be some confusion about the ride tomorrow.
Yes ,we will have a ride on Sunday the 31st of January. Bill will lead a ride Sunday, January 31st 2010. Meet at Orangedale on Sunday 1-31-10 at 10:30AM. Kickstands up at 11:00AM (planned). Due to rain on Saturday we have no idea what to expect of trail conditions. So buck up and join us and we'll find out together. We may even have another adventure like last Sunday, you just never know. This will be the last announcement of the CADS club ride on Sunday January 31st 2010.
Hope to see you there!
Dean

This posting is a copy of the email sent to the membership.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #72
Mugwest

Oddometer: 5,718
Quote:
This posting is a copy of the email sent to the membership.
"I'd never be a member of a club that would let someone like me in." --Groucho

Good energy going on in Jax looks like. Y'all def have the posts-per-day thing down

Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #73
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
"I'd never be a member of a club that would let someone like me in." --Groucho

Good energy going on in Jax looks like. Y'all def have the posts-per-day thing down

Thanks, come over to Jax and join us for a ride sometime.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #74
HelenWheels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
this was not sugar

This was one of the sweetest rides I've ever had, but from what I'd been lead to believe about Florida rides, I sure didn't think that the sugar sand was as much of a concern as I'd imagined. I believe yesterday's rain must have been holding those little grains together for this North Georgia visitor. There were definately times during the ride that I yearned for the sheer power of my DR 650, alternating with gratitude for the lightness of the XT 225. Feminine pride precludes me making anybody wait for me at start ups as well as on the road: I don't want to be "the chick in the group." Any group. Thank goodness I was able, finally, to accept an oft-given invitation to a CADS ride of this caliber and find that they excelled at the difficult balance between treating me like a female and a rider at the same time.

Special thanks go to Wolfgang, the most spirited, competent, and entertaining riding partner I've ever had. YZ2KLR for his encouragement and expertise through the sand despite his street tires, Mr. Bill for his outstanding leadership and knowledge of the area's fine dirt roads, the tall gentleman on the red KLR (another first time CADS rider) who made me feel very welcome and provided quite a few good lines to follow through some of the more technical bits, the Anthony Hopkins look alike with his sand blistering KTM 9?? who's mud is still on the front of my jacket, and for Dean, who's thankless picture taking will be entertaining us on this site for days (a thinly disguised plea for posting at least one picture of myself riding with a great group of guys today).

Here's hoping that I see most of you again soon when you come up to my end of the world to ride - free camping for CADS in the paddocks, barn, or near the stream, in the middle of world class mountain riding.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #75
yz2klr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
It was great to ride with you again. It seems like it is always cold when you come down here for a ride.

The riding conditons were spectacular today. Despite the lower displacement of your XT, you dropped me like a bad habit on that last sandy section.

I thought the group rode very well together.

I appreciate the ride leader/sweep efforts keeping the group together. GREAT JOB
Closed Thread