Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #91
spjbyrnes
F800GS

Oddometer: 11
riders

I am new to the area, moved here with the military/government. I live in Brunswick, GA and have a F800GS and am looking for a good group of people to ride with, people that take care of each other and help each other out. It sounds like you guys have a great time, and I would like the opportunity to learn more about your group. Brunswick is about an hour north of Jax, surrounded by great dirt/sand roads and tree farms. Can someone send me some info?

Thanks
Steve
Old 02-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #92
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by spjbyrnes
Can someone send me some info?
Here's some good info. This ride is happening this weekend.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #93
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang55
Jane said, she would like to hostess us at her place...free camping & your own out house. Just bring your own sears book.

Post it and they will come.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 02-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #94
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,759
Looking forward to riding with you guys. My bike is arriving tomorrow and I'm taking the rider course for my endorsement in two weekends.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #95
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet
Looking forward to riding with you guys. My bike is arriving tomorrow and I'm taking the rider course for my endorsement in two weekends.

There will be a special rider off road course @ BQF this weekend. No endorsement needed.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #96
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by spjbyrnes
I am new to the area, moved here with the military/government. I live in Brunswick, GA and have a F800GS and am looking for a good group of people to ride with, people that take care of each other and help each other out. It sounds like you guys have a great time, and I would like the opportunity to learn more about your group. Brunswick is about an hour north of Jax, surrounded by great dirt/sand roads and tree farms. Can someone send me some info?

Thanks
Steve
Hey Steve, I sent you info via a reply to your PM. Did you get it?
Dean
Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 AM   #97
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z
There will be a special rider off road course @ BQF this weekend. No endorsement needed.
Sounds great except its my 10 y/o daughters birthday this weekend and I'm spending it with her to find her a dirt bike.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #98
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Sounds great except its my 10 y/o daughters birthday this weekend and I'm spending it with her to find her a dirt bike.
Happy Birthday to her! Sounds like we may have a future rider in your little one. Teach her well and ride safe.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #99
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthinking
Happy Birthday to her! Sounds like we may have a future rider in your little one. Teach her well and ride safe.
Thanks. We'll be learning together. I have limited street experience and zero off road experience. I wanted something we could do together and dance and soccer was out.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #100
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

Quote:
Thanks. We'll be learning together. I have limited street experience and zero off road experience. I wanted something we could do together and dance and soccer was out.
You'll still be dancing. You'll be doing the two wheel dirt dance! Much more fun than the foxtrot. Is your bike going to be a dual sport type (still street legal) or a off road dirt bike? If you get a dual sport you can join us for our upcoming basic dual sport riding class.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #101
twthinking OP
Shut up and ride

DS ride clinic update

Hi CADS Riders,

I hope to see a lot of smiling faces with bugs in their teeth (that's how you tell if someone is a happy biker-if you don't know the joke) tonight at the meeting. Danny has informed me that the date of 2-27-10 for the clinic is a definite date. So set it in your calender. The meet-up location will be determined in the next week or so.

Danny has also stated that those that are interested must sign-up at the meeting. He'll be at each meeting this month to gather a list. As many as want can sign up, but the class will be limited to fifteen riders. If registration exceeds fifteen, he'll hold an additional class for those.

Hope to see you tonight.
Dean
Old 02-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #102
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthinking
You'll still be dancing. You'll be doing the two wheel dirt dance! Much more fun than the foxtrot. Is your bike going to be a dual sport type (still street legal) or a off road dirt bike? If you get a dual sport you can join us for our upcoming basic dual sport riding class.
Yes it will be a dual sport. I'm looking at one this evening and if its everything he has told me and shown me in pics will be coming home with me this evening. I'm looking at a XR 70 or Kawasaki 110 for my daughter.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #103
street2dirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Talking CADS r great

Hey Bill, Dean & the rest, finally registered here. All I need is another username & password to remember, lol. I'll b able to join you guys again after bike week. Setting up trail for the Alligator Nat'l,(insert shameless namedrop) maybe I can get some video posted. Keep havin fun & gettin dirty..... Steve
Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #104
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Meeting

Another great turn out for the meeting. Thanks Ego for bringing Joon to meet everybody Joon as many know is on his round the World trip from Korea east...He just flew in from London. Looking for some help...Joon needs some racks built ASAP to hold some bags. I will see if I can get some made for him, through a buddy of mine...

Joon, below are pictures of what I had made up. If others have some ideas on a quick fix, you know like by this Friday...please chime in

Here are a couple of shots with Walmart bags and with out....

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #105
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Weekend Update

There will be a lot of riding this weekend..

Bill will lead a ride same start time and place...going through Osceola area and ending up with a visit at BQF.

Several of us will be going to BQF on friday to take part in the quiet happenings.

Also several riders will be scouting for the Black Bear DS event coming up, laying tracks through Osceola.

So plenty of opportunity for fun this weekend
Closed Thread