ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #31
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,150
Hey Tbird, i didn't even put two and two together till i started talk to my riding buddies here in norfolk.
It sounds like you have been up here to ride with us.

Bill and Jack say hi, and said, when ever you want to come up and ride again, come on up....
agspecialties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #32
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspecialties
Hey Tbird, i didn't even put two and two together till i started talk to my riding buddies here in norfolk.
It sounds like you have been up here to ride with us.

Bill and Jack say hi, and said, when ever you want to come up and ride again, come on up....
Is this Rick? Or one of the other guys?

Yeah I need to get up there again. I had my Husky TE250 last time and it was a handfull for me. I'd do better on my KLX250S or KDX200.
We found a pretty cool private place last year 45 miles SE of here near Percival IA in the Loess Hills. Tight woods, no quads allowed, $250 per year.
http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #33
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

No i am not Rick. I am Aaron Beckman. I was just arriving when you guys were done.

Bill and I went up to pick up my new KLR the other day and that is when i put two and two together.

Your riding area, How can we come up and ride, or are we allowed to come up and ride??

We also have a new place to ride. We calll it the pond. We just got it this year. Pretty cool place. Has a nice little lake there where we can fish when we get bored riding.

Anyway, hope to ride with you sometime this spring summer.

Aaron
Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #34
MetalBender
none

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
We also have a new place to ride. We calll it the pond. We just got it this year. Pretty cool place. Has a nice little lake there where we can fish when we get bored riding.
Bored riding? How can this happen?
MetalBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #35
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal403
Nobody likes my live polka and fried fish idea?
I am in for the fish.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #36
Kjharn
Hrmph?

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBender
Gotta keep this thread on the DL so Kjharn does'nt start ing here.
You know, I wasn't going to fling the shit until you said that I'll save my ammo though.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #37
dirtdoc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
AR trail closures

Hey tbird, the area in AR where I heard about the trail closures is in the Mena over to Talimena, OK area. This is the same area you refered to, it is south of FCT area. Read your Black Hills RR & recognized a shit load of the pics. We went to Nemo on the last weekend of Sept. Like Agspec said we have another really good area, good riding, fishing & camping, it is privately owned & we are the only ones allowed. You need to come up to camp & ride, oh yea the beer tastes great up there too. Bill
dirtdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdoc
Hey tbird, the area in AR where I heard about the trail closures is in the Mena over to Talimena, OK area. This is the same area you refered to, it is south of FCT area. Read your Black Hills RR & recognized a shit load of the pics. We went to Nemo on the last weekend of Sept. Like Agspec said we have another really good area, good riding, fishing & camping, it is privately owned & we are the only ones allowed. You need to come up to camp & ride, oh yea the beer tastes great up there too. Bill
Yeah Bill, I'd like to check it out.
We had a great ride in the hills, too much snow though. Need to go later in the season.

Unfortunately the dirt riding area I joined down here doesn't do any kind of guest riders. The owner is a super nice guy, he's just had too many guys abuse it when he let folks bring friends.
What the hell are you riding these days? For a while I think I saw you selling a different bike on Craigslist every week I have a '07 KLX250S with some mods now, also picked up a '97 KDX200.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #39
dirtdoc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
What am I riding this week?

Yea, I did move some stuff last year. Well, I have an 07 CRF230F with shitloads of mods, best little technical trail bike I've had in years. I can touch the ground & it has elec start, this thing turns great, almost 3" shorter wheel base than my 06 WR250 & steering stops let it turn sharper because it doesn't have rads to get in the way. 94 XR650L, 05 EX500 & am dealing on YZ250 set up for woods. Rode more last year than I have for a long time. If you guys do an early dualsport ride in the Loess hills this spring lets us know. Rick, Cliff Araon & I are going to Draper Lake @ OK City the 18th of Feb, if any one wants to meet up that would be great. If you do a youtube search for Crosstimbers riding area on the Blacktrail, you will see a few short vids of the trail or go to Ride Oklahoma site.
dirtdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #40
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

Riding area membership

Hey Tbird, That riding area that you mentioned, does that have opening for memberships, or is that an invite only membership? Is it worth 250 for some of us that's not going to ride it all the time?

Aaron
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #41
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Hey Tbird, That riding area that you mentioned, does that have opening for memberships, or is that an invite only membership? Is it worth 250 for some of us that's not going to ride it all the time?

Aaron
It's about 200~250 acres of woods with lots of hills and elevation changes. Probably 50% single track. Mild to wild as far as difficulty. Pretty tight stuff, similar to where I rode with you guys up there but maybe taller hills and more trees.
He was going to limit the membership to 40 guys, but I don't think that's set in stone. No ATV's allowed, except the owner. He mainly rides a trials bike though. The most people I ever saw there at once was maybe 15 on a nice weekend day. During the week hardly anyone goes.
Looks like about 160 miles from Norfolk. That's quite a drive.

He will let you come down and take short guided tour. Then you either pay and ride or pack up and leave.

He does shut it down for the whole month of November so his family can hunt. That really sucked last year as the weather was great.

Here are some pics you should be able to view. These are from my first ride there in April '09. I was still learning the place and the vegetation had just started greening up.
http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/q...0Way%20Trails/
Old 02-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #42
tbirdsp
REMF

Hey dirtdoc and agspecialties, you guys are welcome at our Omaha first Saturday breakfast if you really want to drive all the way down here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367657
Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #43
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

See what we both are doing

Thanks for the offer Tbird. I will see what Bill is doing Saturday and maybe we just might make the drive. What time and where at? I work almost every saturday, but i just might take a couple off for a good time with a bunch of goons.

Aaron
Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #44
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Thanks for the offer Tbird. I will see what Bill is doing Saturday and maybe we just might make the drive. What time and where at? I work almost every saturday, but i just might take a couple off for a good time with a bunch of goons.

Aaron
All of the info is in the first post of the thread I linked above.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #45
tbirdsp
REMF

More snow, yay