ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #61
Kjharn
Hrmph?

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
Fixt. HTH
Hey now, I'm a youngin'. I can pick it up just fine, thanks! And I've proven it a few times

How are you healing up?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #62
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjharn
Hey now, I'm a youngin'. I can pick it up just fine, thanks! And I've proven it a few times

How are you healing up?
Steadily, thanks. Up to 135 degrees on the rotation now, when done by the physical therapist. Never mind that it hurts "a little" to get it to that point. By Apr/May I'll be able to pick my own KLR up again.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #63
MetalBender
none

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsp
Well, you pretty much can't ride there unless you pay to become a member.

And the KLR is WAY too much of a pig to even try it on IMHO

That said - I'm also free during the week so you guys keep that in mind if you want a riding partner
KLR goes just fine here: http://www.nebraskatrailriders.com/images-video/
Can't be much tighter can it? Bike never went down at Willow Creek or at Big Bend Ranch State Park trip. There's a reason I refer to it as The Wife.

If I could take a pass through and like it I'm willing to join.
MetalBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #64
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Hey Tbird,

We should invite Metal bender out to our place and see if he can take his KLR through that stuff. I will make sure to bring the helmet camera for that.

MetalBender, I have a KLR and if Tbird thinks that it might be to much bike, i will gamble that it is to much bike.

But hey power to you.. If you want to ride that big pig through that stuff. You are more of a man that i am.

Aaron
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #65
Kjharn
Hrmph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspecialties
Hey Tbird,

We should invite Metal bender out to our place and see if he can take his KLR through that stuff. I will make sure to bring the helmet camera for that.

MetalBender, I have a KLR and if Tbird thinks that it might be to much bike, i will gamble that it is to much bike.

But hey power to you.. If you want to ride that big pig through that stuff. You are more of a man that i am.

Aaron
Yours is the heavier 08 though

I'm willing to try almost anything once. Those trails dont look too bad, but I could be wrong.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #66
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

One thing that you have to keep in mind it that camera don't show the angles and depth like your eyes do. I notice that when i take a picture and then you get that picture back, and say, shit that don't look that bad.

Talking with Tbird about this land and he is comparing that land to some of our riding land that he has done with us, sounds like it would be a hand full to take a KLR through.

I was like that too, hell my big bike can do anything. First time i was taken out with some of my buddies on some land that Tbird has ridden before, i got my ass handed to me. I was soooo freaking tired and wore out. I finally got wise and found some good bikes to ride that kind of stuff with.

My xrl and klr are nice to ride fireroads and trials, but not the bike for tight stuff.

Just my .02 worth,,,but hey opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #67
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBender
KLR goes just fine here: http://www.nebraskatrailriders.com/images-video/
Can't be much tighter can it? Bike never went down at Willow Creek or at Big Bend Ranch State Park trip. There's a reason I refer to it as The Wife.

If I could take a pass through and like it I'm willing to join.
Next time I'm not taking you on the beginner trails! I have my 2010 guest passes - just waiting for the snow to melt!!
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #68
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,695
First off - I'm not really sure he is opening it up for any new members. I'll give him a call and ask though.
Those pics were taken my first time out there, plus I was by myself. Took it very easy and only hit the main trails.

Kjharn, so you are getting a WR250R? That would be much better. A WR250F would be even better, but not road legal. Either way it won't stay shiny and new for very long

MetalBender - I rode Willow Creek a little in Nov '07 as Trl_Rdr's guest. I would say Timber Way is similar. Personally I like it better. If you are nutty enough to ride a KLR at Willow Creek you will like this place too

agspecialties - Man, even my Husky TE250 was wearing me out up at that place you guys had. I was wishing for an XR100

Here's some videos of Timber Way Trails shot by Bob E. aka H2only from Lincoln. He rides a CRF450X. The first one has me in front of him on my KLX250S (green bike, blue gear). As usual, these don't show the elevation changes AT ALL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqqmDYsO0V4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVMKp7TQQc
http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #69
tbirdsp
REMF

Here's what happened when I rode at the place agspecialties was talking about
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #70
MetalBender
none

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl Rdr
Next time I'm not taking you on the beginner trails! I have my 2010 guest passes - just waiting for the snow to melt!!
Waa! But I'm still just a beginner. You know me always at the back of the pack.
MetalBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #71
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

Dont beat yourself up to bad, that place has claimed more bikes then just yours. This late fall was a bitch. It was warm enough for the top to be tacky, but under the leaves was frozen. Man was it tricky to ride. Just didn't trust your traction. You would be following a guy and he was hooking up just fine, but then you would find yourself eating mud for lunch. Your front wheel just decide to go out from under you.

agspecialties screwed with this post 02-10-2010 at 06:45 PM
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #72
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

I was looking through some pictures that i had on photobucket.
I will just share with you. Might get a kick out of them

This is what happens when you ride a CR500 that drinks gas down like we all drink our beer down.

My 96 te 410. Best bike i ever rode in the snow. Still have the bike and love it. Street legal. The dirtdoc brought this bike back from COL one year and i ended up with it.

I ended up getting out, but it took a while

Kicker anyone. I have this ramp out at our track. 28 foot long 9 foot tall. Has claimed some bikes and a couple of riders.
Build several of these ramps for some crazy riders. Anyone who wants to hit it, we have a smaller one that you can practice on first.

Me and my old cr 500 at rampart in col. If you can get a chance to ride there go for it. Great place to ride. This is the powerlines trail.

That is all i can find.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #73
Kjharn
Hrmph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsp
Kjharn, so you are getting a WR250R? That would be much better. A WR250F would be even better, but not road legal. Either way it won't stay
I can't decide between the X and the R. If I got either, I could just got another set of rims and tires, then dial in the suspension. I dunno though.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #74
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjharn
I can't decide between the X and the R. If I got either, I could just got another set of rims and tires, then dial in the suspension. I dunno though.
I don't know, personally I would get the R, but then I would still have my ST1100 as a pure street bike. Might choose differently if it was my only bike. It would be cool to have both wheelsets, but a lot of money.

I'm half thinking of a WR250R to replace all three of my dual sport/dirt bikes. I like the EFI and long valve adjust intervals.

I'd take a huge loss on the KLR, KLX, and KDX though
Old 02-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #75
Aey dubya
Thumper Humper

Oddometer: 355
New to NE. Lincoln specifically. Just read the thread and it seems you don't ride NE unless you pay someone? Also Where is the trail riders association's land? They should really post that on their web page if they want new people to pony up the dues. I mean if I'm 4 hrs away no dice. Love to hear what I can ride!?

Aey dubya screwed with this post 02-11-2010 at 09:56 PM
Aey dubya is offline   Reply With Quote