ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #5026
jguerin77
I ride my own
 
jguerin77's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Texas Hill Country
Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf97 View Post
NC weather isn't good for riding this Easter weekend.
temps in the 50's F with rain.

I've got a new tag tho. Fishing.

with my daughter



French Broad River, Hot Springs, NC
Great pictures! I was in Raleigh last weekend for the inaugural Rock and Roll half marathon. Beautiful area and friendly people!
__________________
Like a good lover, a good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. ...

Member of Southern Cruisers Riding Club and Chrome Divas
jguerin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #5027
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer
 
lonewolf97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: moonshine Country
Oddometer: 2,290
Raleigh, central NC area is a great place to live.
2hrs and you are on the beach, or the mountains.
Grab a fishin pole and show us so pretty scenery.
__________________
I'd rather be lost in the woods, than found at home.
lonewolf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #5028
truck6driver
The Fireman
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Hope Mills, N.C.
Oddometer: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguerin77 View Post
Great pictures! I was in Raleigh last weekend for the inaugural Rock and Roll half marathon. Beautiful area and friendly people!
And didn't even drop a line to meet the local Adv'ers?


How RUDE!!


Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #5029
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer
 
advNZer?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,796
whats the current tag,cant seem to navigate the site on the phone at the moment?
__________________
aka BMWST?
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #5030
Dirty bike
Eval Innovations Inc
 
Dirty bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Ivins, UT
Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
whats the current tag,cant seem to navigate the site on the phone at the moment?
Current tag is "get a picture of your bike and fishing pole by a river, stream, pond, ocean."
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #5031
GMOH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GMOH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia.
Oddometer: 217
grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
Current tag is "get a picture of your bike and fishing pole by a river, stream, pond, ocean."
this is as close as I could get with sherpie to the pond in the background..

__________________
2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2013 Kawasaki KLR650
GMOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #5032
GMOH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GMOH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia.
Oddometer: 217
new tag

a business with 'stag' in the name:

__________________
2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2013 Kawasaki KLR650
GMOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #5033
truck6driver
The Fireman
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Hope Mills, N.C.
Oddometer: 7,319
Wow.........OK.

Time for some researching.



Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #5034
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 8,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by get_me_outta_here View Post
a business with 'stag' in the name:

Our taggers in Europe might have an issue with that one. This is the global game. Just sayin...

--------
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
Watch the trailer, spread the word:
www.sidecardogs.com
__________________
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
More info at www.sidecardogs.com

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #5035
GMOH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GMOH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia.
Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Our taggers in Europe might have an issue with that one. This is the global game. Just sayin...

--------
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
Watch the trailer, spread the word:
www.sidecardogs.com
why? they have deer in Europe.
__________________
2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2013 Kawasaki KLR650
GMOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #5036
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 8,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by get_me_outta_here View Post
why? they have deer in Europe.
Yes, but they aren't called "stag." In Germany, it might be rehwild or rotwild. Are you looking for the word in the name, or a deer on a sign?

--------
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
Watch the trailer, spread the word:
www.sidecardogs.com
__________________
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
More info at www.sidecardogs.com

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #5037
GMOH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GMOH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia.
Oddometer: 217
New tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Yes, but they aren't called "stag." In Germany, it might be rehwild or rotwild. Are you looking for the word in the name, or a deer on a sign?

--------
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
Watch the trailer, spread the word:
www.sidecardogs.com
OK new tag:

A business.

Should keep everyone happy.

By the way, our deer (and stags) came from England.

Sorry for being too specific.
__________________
2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2013 Kawasaki KLR650
GMOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #5038
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...
 
pngaudioguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 477
I don't see anything wrong with requiring it to have Stag in the title - as long as translations are acceptable, being global and all. http://www.lecerfblanc.be/ for instance - "The White Deer" in English. I think the tags should be fairly specific. Forces people to think a bit ;).
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #5039
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 8,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngaudioguy View Post
I don't see anything wrong with requiring it to have Stag in the title - as long as translations are acceptable, being global and all. http://www.lecerfblanc.be/ for instance - "The White Deer" in English. I think the tags should be fairly specific. Forces people to think a bit ;).
That's kind of what I was hinting at. We've got folks from Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, and France that frequent this game, and the occasional player from Asia. As long as we're accommodating languages when we specify words, then we should be good.

--------
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
Watch the trailer, spread the word:
www.sidecardogs.com
__________________
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
More info at www.sidecardogs.com

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #5040
GMOH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GMOH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia.
Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
That's kind of what I was hinting at. We've got folks from Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, and France that frequent this game, and the occasional player from Asia. As long as we're accommodating languages when we specify words, then we should be good.

--------
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
Watch the trailer, spread the word:
www.sidecardogs.com
point taken. I've seen other tags on here that are just words from a sign, didn't even think about it. maybe we should all steer away from language related tags.
__________________
2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2013 Kawasaki KLR650
GMOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014