Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #421
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
I'm selling some of my r80g/s parts to further fund the buildup.

The OE shock rebuilt by Sasquatch suspensions and equipped with a hyperpro spring. It does leak and needs new seals if you can find someone to rebuild it.....$100 plus shipping

Parabellum Fairing just like the one used by the Grants on Horizons Unlimited. Very good wind protection, and recently painted, but don't see the need in having it anymore.....$200 plus shipping

R80g/s harness...all the connectors are good, just a 5" section is crap. The photo says it all. If you feel like taking a few hours to repair it you can have a working harness again. I don't want to risk it $75 plus shipping

The worst part

I will also be selling the entire working charging system (Rotor, diode board, etc etc) as well but need to get my other system installed first.

Willing to trade as well. Would like a decent harness, R100 tank, R100GS exhaust system, Set of hotgrips, Other stuff?

i'm looking for saddlebag racks and tool kit for a r80gs, ya won't happen to have those would ya? also ya got sheild for fairing?

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #422
east high
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
1975 Yamaha RD350

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...6#post15015266
Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #423
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,608
Just trying to be helpful ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
Don't know if I can post the Craigslist link, have a look yourself if interested.... This popped up on the Las Vegas Craiglist this morning. Two pics, bike does look pretty good as far as I can tell.

One of the cleanest original Paris/Dakar R100GSs in the country. Unmolested, bone stock. Original tool kit, bags, etc. Second owner has owned since 1993. Most desirable early edition with "Works Dash" (clock and tach) and Full Paris/Dakar branding (before BMW lost the use of the name). Ready for a collection or an adventure. Starts easily,runs and rides great.Has 19,873 miles,title is clear, 1000 cc.Starts easily,runs and rides great.

Skowinski et al, Hi!

What is it they say "... if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true ... "

I googled the text, the same ad came up in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Plattsburgh, various motorcycle ad sites, and now New Hampshire.

However, this is the real story, where the bike sold for $10,000 last week.

On Ebay.

What do you think, helpful?

Enjoy,

Liz

MsLizVt screwed with this post 01-24-2011 at 08:25 AM
Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #424
dfc
Reluctant Cannonball

Oddometer: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
Don't know if I can post the Craigslist link, have a look yourself if interested.... This popped up on the Las Vegas Craiglist this morning. Two pics, bike does look pretty good as far as I can tell.

One of the cleanest original Paris/Dakar R100GSs in the country. Unmolested, bone stock. Original tool kit, bags, etc. Second owner has owned since 1993. Most desirable early edition with "Works Dash" (clock and tach) and Full Paris/Dakar branding (before BMW lost the use of the name). Ready for a collection or an adventure. Starts easily,runs and rides great.Has 19,873 miles,title is clear, 1000 cc.Starts easily,runs and rides great.
thats been popping up on CL all over, a scam I believe....

oops 205'd
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #425
tennessee thumper
now in Mt. View, AR

Oddometer: 712
For Sale: Airhead Chromo-Plastic Turn Signals Complete

Took these on a trade for some parts when I had a Mystic. These are the BMW issue "chromed" plastic turn signals that were standard on some of the R100R's in the mid 90's, specifically the R100R Aqua "Boxer" edition. Idential to the standard black pieces, but CHROME coated, whatever that means.

All of the housings and internals are BRAND NEW, never been mounted...two of the amber lenses are BRAND NEW, the other two are used but solid condition.

These will add some pizzaz to any airhead turn signal situation or replace worn chipped ones on the R100R Aqua "Boxer" edition.

List price is $53 per signal...

All 4 go as a set for $80 including shipping. Paypal prefered.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #426
tennessee thumper
now in Mt. View, AR

For Sale: Airhead GS Sidestand

SOLD

Stock side stand for most 91-95 GS models

Part Number 46532311720, list price $132

Removed from a 1992 GSPD. Comes with what you see pictured including mounting pin, spring bracket and rubber stop bumper.

$60 includes shipping

tennessee thumper screwed with this post 01-25-2011 at 06:16 AM
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #427
tennessee thumper
now in Mt. View, AR

For Sale: /7 Tech and Service Booklet US/FR

SOLD

Set of /7 Technical and Service Books for all R60/7-R100RS models. These are not owners manuals but rather, as the name inplies, info on the bike and service intervals. Nice additonal piece to complement your owners manual or other /7 literature.

One in English one in French. $20 shipped.

tennessee thumper screwed with this post 01-26-2011 at 02:04 PM
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #428
tennessee thumper
now in Mt. View, AR

For Sale: Davida JET 3/4 Helmet w/leather liner

SOLD to dirtymartini 1/24/11...sorry BH...I know of your love for the brown leather!

Worn little, thrown around alot, this helmet still has plenty of life left.
No funny smells or stains. Soft and quiet leather lined cafe' style helmet. Made in England. I wear SHOEI size LARGE or 7 1/4 fitted baseball cap...this fits just right. Has leather/velcro clasp on back to hold goggles in place.

$60 shipped.

tennessee thumper screwed with this post 01-24-2011 at 02:43 PM
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #429
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,431
Sorry guys, never seen it before, and just put a notice on without thinking about it much. Guess I'm still being influenced by the fact that we picked up a 2006 Suzuki 600 Katana, with 179 miles on it, for $1500 off the local Craigslist here. Not a single problem with it, except a dead battery and gunked up carburetors.

Again, apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post

Skowinski et al, Hi!

What is it they say "... if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true ... "

I googled the text, the same ad came up in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Plattsburgh, various motorcycle ad sites, and now New Hampshire.

However, this is the real story, where the bike sold for $10,000 last week.

On Ebay.

What do you think, helpful?

Enjoy,

Liz
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #430
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,070
OOOoo, lemme measure my head then I'll inquire upon that davida!
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #431
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee thumper View Post
Worn little, thrown around alot, this helmet still has plenty of life left.
No funny smells or stains. Soft and quiet leather lined cafe' style helmet. Made in England. I wear SHOEI size LARGE or 7 1/4 fitted baseball cap...this fits just right. Has leather/velcro clasp on back to hold goggles in place.

$60 shipped.

I'll take it...PM sent!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Old 01-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #432
edray
cascadian

Oddometer: 232
Sudco Mikuni 39 m.m.Flat Slide Kit for Ducati 900SS

Complete plug n play Sudco 39 m.m. flat slide carb kit for Ducati 900SS.
in the orig. box,w/ troubleshooting guide,instructions,diagram,even OP float level notes..
445.00 shipped
I got these w/ my 95 900SS. PO had gotten them from a buddy w/ an SP who ran them on his bike,but decided they were a bit too rad for his commuting needs?? They're all set up,I assume a plug n play.
I was gonna run them on my airhead,but now gonna go w/ a VM pre-jetted set up.
Cheers,Ed

Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #433
Tobz
Ne'er-du-well

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by edray View Post
in the orig. box,w/ troubleshooting guide,instructions,diagram,even OP float level notes..
445.00 shipped
I got these w/ my 95 900SS. PO had gotten them from a buddy w/ an SP who ran them on his bike,but decided they were a bit too rad for his commuting needs?? They're all set up,I assume a plug n play.
Cheers,Ed

I wouldn't mind some upgrade carbs for my 944 Monster, but something looks a little weird with that kit. Aren't those Mikuni TM series carbs?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #434
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,395
Cool2 Misc Airhead Parts

See um here...

Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #435
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 6,012
Uhhhh.... All the documentation in the pics says those are Keihan flatslides. And they look like Keihan FCR flatslide split singles typically used for Duc setups. (I ran 41mm FCRs siamesed like the OEM Mikunis on both my Duc 900s for a couple of reasons not worth explaining here).

You may want to look closer and see if the carbs match the paperwork you have - but they look like the Keihans (which Sudco offered kits for Ducs in 39 and 41 mm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edray View Post
445.00 shipped
Cheers,Ed

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
Closed Thread