Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #15121
roostar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I've owned the DL1000, 1150 GSA, and now the S10. I like them all for different reasons. The V-strom was an awesome bike, fun on the twisty parts and problem free. It just wasn't much fun riding two-up. The GSA was also fun to ride, stayed planted on the road like no other bike i've owned and, yes it required more maintenance than other bikes I've owned. But...I knew that before I bought it. For some, doing maintenance, valve adjusts etc.. is enjoyable. The S10 is probably my favorite of the three but I'll need more time to give an honest answer. Then again, if it's got two wheels, no matter what brand, I kinda like it.
roostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #15122
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostar View Post
I've owned the DL1000, 1150 GSA, and now the S10. I like them all for different reasons. The V-strom was an awesome bike, fun on the twisty parts and problem free. It just wasn't much fun riding two-up. The GSA was also fun to ride, stayed planted on the road like no other bike i've owned and, yes it required more maintenance than other bikes I've owned. But...I knew that before I bought it. For some, doing maintenance, valve adjusts etc.. is enjoyable. The S10 is probably my favorite of the three but I'll need more time to give an honest answer. Then again, if it's got two wheels, no matter what brand, I kinda like it.

What didn't you like about riding the Dl1000 two up. I've got the 650 now and I ride two up everywhere. It seems fine to me, but I also used to ride two up on 650 thumpers so it's all relative. I'm used to needing to shift frequently.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #15123
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Also is there a good tenere specific forum that I could be delving into now?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #15124
Buckeye56
Batoutahelius

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
Also is there a good tenere specific forum that I could be delving into now?
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com

Enjoy!

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Buckeye56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #15125
gmtech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Anybody know of any. Aftermarket turn signals besides the touratech ones? I saw add in motorcycle ,at for rizoma turn signals from Italy? They look pretty trick anyone familiar with these? Stock s 10 signals are hiedious even my 08 klr had way better signals!
gmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #15126
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,852
Yamaha LEDs!

Much smaller and much brighter available at any Canadian Yamaha Dealership.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #15127
gmtech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Link? Do they sell these on line anywhere¿
gmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #15128
Dirty bike
Eval Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Much smaller and much brighter available at any Canadian Yamaha Dealership.
Not DOT approved in the US, so not available thru dealers here. Call just about any Canadian dealer and they will sell them to you and ship them South though.

Check the Vendors section of the Super Tenere Forum and I believe there are a couple of Canadian dealers listed.
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #15129
roostar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
What didn't you like about riding the Dl1000 two up. I've got the 650 now and I ride two up everywhere. It seems fine to me, but I also used to ride two up on 650 thumpers so it's all relative. I'm used to needing to shift frequently.
By the time I loaded the bike down with gear for a trip and add my passenger, the front end gets light. I could have fixed this easily enough buy spending some cash on an aftermarket setup like Penske or Ohlins. Instead I chose to switch bikes. Realistically speaking, I would have been money ahead by keeping the bike and making it work for us. Other than that, the Strom was one of my all time favorite bikes. Guys can pitch shit on it if they want to because its not everything their bike is. At the end of the day, I had a smile on my face every time I went for a ride.
roostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #15130
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech View Post
Anybody know of any. Aftermarket turn signals besides the touratech ones? I saw add in motorcycle ,at for rizoma turn signals from Italy? They look pretty trick anyone familiar with these? Stock s 10 signals are hiedious even my 08 klr had way better signals!
Yamaha led's turn signals are good. If you like smaller ones Rizoma have a lot (quite expensive but nice).

These are the Rizoma:

And these the Yamaha:

jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #15131
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,473
I have the ACD skid plate modified to fit the 21” front wheel. I add some reinforcements in the sides and opened a big hole in the front so the wheel doesn’t hit I the plate.
I’m still looking to a smaller oil filter so its protection is provisional. It is screw in the plate so I can make a smaller one if I’ve found the filter. Also I would like if it works like this so I can change the oil and oil filter without removing the plate

Here you can see the differences. In the pictures with the dirty bike is the new plate.

jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #15132
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,716
Nobody wished anyone a Happy New Year?

What a buncha' pretentious asses...worse than any Beemer owner I've ever met.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #15133
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #15134
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

I kid...I kid.

Happy New Year all you ST FFs!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #15135
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post

I kid...I kid.

Happy New Year all you ST FFs!!!

Well, Happy New Year to you, you fff.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote