ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #15256
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
Anyway, where the hell in Guernsey can you ride hard ????
France and Spain!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #15257
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer: 380
Like Simmons said... No need for the 02 any longer with the ECUnleashed.. I might have missed something, is ECUnleashed saying that the 02 have to stay installed ? no they don't.... Ive read in the past that on a R6 you can take the 02 out of a stock bike and it does something similar to our clutch mod switch.. It goes into a different mode. I have posted this before on the Tenere forum. We just did a flash for a customer in Brazil with no problem. I have also checked with ECUleashed US to ask them about a South African bike that is in Japan now.. ECUnleashed said there will be no issue with that flash... With all the units we have worked on, Ive never had one not work.. The customer can leave the 02 hooked up, but there is no need and you can take them out..... I have all this stuff done on my bike and it ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~TABASCO~ screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 09:16 PM
~TABASCO~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #15258
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer: 380
Small problem with that...I think.

I am getting mine done next month but it is from an ECU-Unleashed satellite dealer in the UK.
So my flash will probably be US spec. On top of that, having spoken to them, they are a bit unhappy with the results obtained when they flashed an S10, so they are looking at removing the O2 sensors and rejigging it. Apparently one bike ran well enough but then started generating fault codes. The bike may have been modified in other ways too (exhaust/filter etc). The off idle fueling was the problem IIRC.
I was phoning international so I did not go into detail but I arrived back in the UK yesterday so I will get better details when I go and see them in the New Year. Fortunately they are only 30mins drive from me. It is likely that I will lend them my bike to do some testing with.

I will up date when I know some more.

Again, Ive posted tons of info on this over on the Tenere site. :):) I have found that the flash by it self is way better than stock. But no one will take full advantage of the flash unless you have control over the fuel. I have tested it many times. The only easy way to see big results is with something like a PCV on top of the flash. I have done many back to back to back to back test... I have seen the results.. I have a post that is about five paragraphs long with info about this on the Tenere forum. The Tenere is very fuel sensitive to get the idle just right and to eliminate 100% of the (extra- don't want) vibes that so many people have.. We can tune all that out with a PCV.
Even with the PCV you don't need the 02 unless your running auto tune. Then you will need one bung in the back to read both cylinders or you can get the AT with the two 02 sensors. Again, with the flash you don't need the factory 02 any longer. Ive installed many of these kits on customers ST with awesome results. If anyone has any questions Ill be happy to help pass along what I have learned working on the Super Tenere...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #15259
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 2,077
Wicked Cool Tool Box...

~

Not trying to change the subject, Gents... But I don't think I've seen this mentioned over here.

Anybody interested in a rather trick little all-aluminum storage/tool box that takes advantage of some otherwise wasted space on most Super Tenere's?

It's pretty cool looking little rig, and made by an outfit in Spain. Currently there are two models, one that fit with the OEM, Touratech and a some other brand side cases, and a second one that works with SW-Motech/Trax mounts.

There is an entire thread over on the *other* forum... The dedicated Super Tenere forum... but I'm reticent to post a link because I hear it's a no-no to do that here.

One thing I can do is post a link to the outfit that sells them here in the USA - http://www.advmotorrad.com/ - and you can find 'em easily there. The contact fellow there is Jason, and he's been great to work with so far. I just got my notification that my tool box just shipped, so I thought I would pass along the info here. Hopefully I can post some pics of mine on the bike once I get it mounted up.

Just FYI...

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #15260
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer: 858
Mine ships Tuesday. Looking forward to the additional storage space. Hopefully it arrives full of gold nuggets :)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #15261
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
I know this people, they work very well, nice stuff.
My only concern is if the rear brake calliper can hi in it when the suspension is fully compressed. I had to shortened the None exhaust because this… but probably they tested…
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #15262
Happy Snapper
GOMOB.

Oddometer: 2,175
Mounting LED light bars on the S10

Hi all and greetings...

For those inmates who have mounted LED light bars under the headlight on their S10.. what did you "hang" them off?

Did you use the 4 plastic "lug / loops" under the headlight?

If you did.. have they stood up to vibrations off road.

And if you didn't.. how did you mount them?

Never trust atoms.... they make up everything!

Read my Blog: http://snapshotsfrommark.blogspot.com.au
Happy Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #15263
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,986
Question Another coupla' questions

For those of you who have pushed a mini-fuse into the clutch switch...

-Which one did you use? I've read 7.5, 10, 15, and 20 amp.

-When I go to O'Reilly's or AutoZone, do I just ask for a "mini-fuse"?; Will they know what I'm talkin'-about?

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #15264
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 11,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post

-When I go to O'Reilly's or AutoZone, do I just ask for a "mini-fuse"?; Will they know what I'm talkin'-about?

Amp rating does not matter, there is probably only mere miliamps actually going through the switch.

Its an "ATO mini" blade type fuse.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #15265
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper View Post
Hi all and greetings...

For those inmates who have mounted LED light bars under the headlight on their S10.. what did you "hang" them off?

Did you use the 4 plastic "lug / loops" under the headlight?

If you did.. have they stood up to vibrations off road.

And if you didn't.. how did you mount them?
There are two 10mm head bolts. Each just under the headlight. I can not see
a factory use for the bolts. I used those to hold the light bar bracket. So far so good.
The bike was used in Moab on the White Rim Trail and some other more mild off road.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #15266
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post

Remember to twist the blades sideways first.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #15267
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Remember to twist the blades sideways first.
If you shove the fuse in from the wire side you do not have to twist the blades. You don't even have to unplug the connector if you do it from that side.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #15268
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz43 View Post
If you shove the fuse in from the wire side you do not have to twist the blades. You don't even have to unplug the connector if you do it from that side.
Well sure, if you want to be a hack about it.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #15269
ArmyMedic
Flyin' Elvis, UT Chapter

Oddometer: 493
Pluric,
What LED light are you running under there?

RecoveryThreads.com
ArmyMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #15270
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,986
Thanks for the responses, Gentlemen (especially MeefZah, for the quick response).

Well, I guess I'm gonna' be doin' it the "hack" way, as I will be using the method that is spread all over the i-net (I hope GB doesn't mind me using his pic)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post

It's raining, in San Antone, today. And, the streets inside of Loop 410 will be like greased owl shit. So, I'm thinkin' that today is not the day to re-learn the "new" throttle on my ST.

So, I will probably try it on a drier day...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote