ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #15961
TH
There and Here
 
TH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Amigos! Saludos from Virginia!
It is with very mixed emotions that I am selling my faithful '05 R1200GS tonight. "GSPDBILL" has rented a trailer, and is leaving Nashville now to pick her up (18 hours round trip!). I have read most of this thread and you seem very satisfied with your Teneres! Many of the ones I have seen for sale in the FM are being sold due to job, money or "wanting a smaller bike" issues. Besides the weight, I have heard nothing but good things about the S10. I have corresponded via PM to ask some questions from a couple of you and I thank you for your time.
Anyways, I am posting to request your eyes and ears. I have narrowed my hunt to a few models, of course the S10 being in the top three along with the F800GS and the 800 Tiger. The S10 gets many bonus points over the other two due to tubeless tires, shaft drive, four dealers within 30 minutes, legendary Yamaha reliability and price!
I keep my eyes on CL, eBay and the Flea Market every day, but if any of you have or hear of any S10's for sale in the lower 48 states, please send me a PM, thanks!

P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
Hell, I don't know if this is proper or not. But take a look at the for sale section of www.yamahasupertenere.com. There are several for sale over there. Including a couple with some nice Micatech bags on them. In otherwords, they are already pre-farkled.

Since you are in VA, you could always go over the Romney Cycles in Romeny WV. Not to far away, and they usually have some pretty good prices.
__________________
"doggone and dagnabit! That's what I call a whopping' big rabbit."
Keep the rubber side down
'01 Sprint ST '12 Super Tenere
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #15962
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 17,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
From a few pages back I thought someone had said the Flea Market had 6 of them listed.

The obvious advantage would be used could have luggage or other farkles included
and discounted. The really good news is there isn't much to worry about buying
used for how well they are holding out on dependability. Maybe ask if a reflash has
been done or not. I won't suggest a color due to the sensitive nature of the alternative
life stylers around here.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #15963
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa
 
Old Git Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: UK based, Bored because I am not travelling
Oddometer: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
.......

P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
TBH, I would no fret over the 'leftover' bit. Aside from the colour, there are no differences.
__________________
Karen "Oh my God, I am traveling with a f**king idiot."
Blog: http://www.raykarenhall.blogspot.com
Old Git Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #15964
japako
Studly Adventurer
 
japako's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Amigos! Saludos from Virginia!
It is with very mixed emotions that I am selling my faithful '05 R1200GS tonight. "GSPDBILL" has rented a trailer, and is leaving Nashville now to pick her up (18 hours round trip!). I have read most of this thread and you seem very satisfied with your Teneres! Many of the ones I have seen for sale in the FM are being sold due to job, money or "wanting a smaller bike" issues. Besides the weight, I have heard nothing but good things about the S10. I have corresponded via PM to ask some questions from a couple of you and I thank you for your time.
Anyways, I am posting to request your eyes and ears. I have narrowed my hunt to a few models, of course the S10 being in the top three along with the F800GS and the 800 Tiger. The S10 gets many bonus points over the other two due to tubeless tires, shaft drive, four dealers within 30 minutes, legendary Yamaha reliability and price!
I keep my eyes on CL, eBay and the Flea Market every day, but if any of you have or hear of any S10's for sale in the lower 48 states, please send me a PM, thanks!

P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
You have a pm
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #15965
ballheadknuckle
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ballheadknuckle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Thanks, i knew yours from the other thread in here. But that link provided some useful details.
I just was in garage and did cut it with the dremel, worked like a charm :-)
ballheadknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #15966
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,520
Good luck!!

This was a pane in the ass farkle... .... but now I like how it looks
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #15967
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis
 
Ragin Rabbi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Western Maryland
Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Amigos! Saludos from Virginia!
It is with very mixed emotions that I am selling my faithful '05 R1200GS tonight. "GSPDBILL" has rented a trailer, and is leaving Nashville now to pick her up (18 hours round trip!). I have read most of this thread and you seem very satisfied with your Teneres! Many of the ones I have seen for sale in the FM are being sold due to job, money or "wanting a smaller bike" issues. Besides the weight, I have heard nothing but good things about the S10. I have corresponded via PM to ask some questions from a couple of you and I thank you for your time.
Anyways, I am posting to request your eyes and ears. I have narrowed my hunt to a few models, of course the S10 being in the top three along with the F800GS and the 800 Tiger. The S10 gets many bonus points over the other two due to tubeless tires, shaft drive, four dealers within 30 minutes, legendary Yamaha reliability and price!
I keep my eyes on CL, eBay and the Flea Market every day, but if any of you have or hear of any S10's for sale in the lower 48 states, please send me a PM, thanks!

P.S. The best new deal I have found is $11,499+Tax, title, tag on a leftover 2012.
Twigg cycle in Hagerstown Maryland had one about a month ago. No idea on price.
__________________
Each according to their need, each according to their ability.

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #15968
Lerxstdawg
Wait...what?
 
Lerxstdawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Mulgrave, Vic. OZ
Oddometer: 675
Just came back from a short blast today of around 350km's. For the first time in the almost 20,000kms that I have had my big girl I got her totally sideways. I've managed to kick the back out a bit on gravel roads often enough, but this time I had a rush of blood after about an hour or so on a flat gravel road. I began riding sedately, then a little more agressive, then like I was riding my old WR450! What a difference! Even with Tourance tires she responds beautifully to an agressive style on the dirt. Having flicked off the TC, the big girl loves to drift under power into, through and out of big sweeping corners. She is a lot of bike to haul back when things get a bit out of shape though. I know quite a few of you boys have discovered this wonderful trait already, I'm just playing catch up.



__________________
You should put a handful of your own shit in your mouth and . - Bender - (he's terrific!)
Lerxstdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #15969
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 5,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxstdawg View Post
Just came back from a short blast today of around 350km's. For the first time in the almost 20,000kms that I have had my big girl I got her totally sideways. I've managed to kick the back out a bit on gravel roads often enough, but this time I had a rush of blood after about an hour or so on a flat gravel road. I began riding sedately, then a little more agressive, then like I was riding my old WR450! What a difference! Even with Tourance tires she responds beautifully to an agressive style on the dirt. Having flicked off the TC, the big girl loves to drift under power into, through and out of big sweeping corners. She is a lot of bike to haul back when things get a bit out of shape though. I know quite a few of you boys have discovered this wonderful trait already, I'm just playing catch up.



, Don't tell the Austouring boys. They still think it's a road bike.

It's like in the movie "The right stuff". You just have to rewrite it a bit...

Quote:
"There was a demon that lived in the dirt. They said that whoever challenged him on the S10 would die"

Their controls would freeze up, their bikes would buffet wildly and they would disintegrate.

The demon lived where the tarmac ended........"
How are the fires down there? No where near you I hope.
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #15970
Tuska
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: taihape tracking Nzed
Oddometer: 34
one piece seat

anyone making one piece seats yet? or will i have to be first?
Tuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #15971
Wasp
Supa10 pilot
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
anyone making one piece seats yet? or will i have to be first?
Be the first... I will keep an interested eye on your development.

Greg.
__________________
The original WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595933
The NEW "Long Term" WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #15972
Boyd Koehler
I'll ride anywhere.
 
Boyd Koehler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
anyone making one piece seats yet? or will i have to be first?
I’m not making a “One Piece” but I am making a new passenger seat & seat perch.
I don’t like the steep transition between the stock passenger seat and pilot seat. Mine will be flat.
__________________
Lovin my Super “T"
Boyd Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #15973
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
anyone making one piece seats yet? or will i have to be first?
GO!!
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #15974
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com
 
~TABASCO~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Tejas
Oddometer: 380
How many people really want a one piece ? Maybe some tall guys?... Shouldn't be that hard....
__________________
www.rideonadv.com
We are ADV, everyday.
~TABASCO~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #15975
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,520
Something like this?

I was tempted .... just a drawing

jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015