ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #16981
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I'm minding my own buisness at work and had this cold sick feeling come
over me. I couldn't walk straight, I kept falling over, I'm exhausted from getting up.

Turns out Jaumev's videos are like he has a sand vodoo doll putting pins in me.
Really sorry my friend... ok, ok, no more sand videos.......... today

Whow! this mud is even worse than sand...
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #16982
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Metal Mule rack fitted

2" Rox Risers and Scotts damper, just need to make the frame bracket for the damper.

Hey Tim, are you training for your next trip to Spain?? Afer my trip to Morocco I'm fit
Old 04-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #16983
luni
Non-artic explorer

Oddometer: 1,093
The barn door medium Cal Sci windscreen showed up today. Up to 80mph (courtesy of a very friendly or very apathetic county deputy) with visor up and NO buffeting and completely dead air. I felt for the sides of the air pocket (getting strange looks) and it's hitting right outside my shoulders, just over my head, and the little bit of air coming up between the fairing past the handlebars disipates before it hits my chest. It's adjusted all the way down and 3/4 back in the Madstad bracket. Only complaint is the top of the screen is right at my line of sight and it'll be in the way if I do any technical offroad but that might be fixed by adjusting it all the way forward and clearing the cockpit a little more. I think this is what a touring bike is supposed to feel like.

Obligatory garage door shot

And compared to stock

Going to do the reinforcing brackets that were posted a couple pages back to tighten everything up. There's a lot of weight and wind resistance bouncing off the little OEM windscreen mounts.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #16984
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post

This is the first time I have seen a John Deere back rest on a Super Tenere.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #16985
HDFlyer76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
How tall are you? I am 5'10" with short legs, 30", but tall torso and I have the MadStad bracket and have been looking at the CalSci windscreen. Does the cut-out seem to be any issue? Also do you have full range from lock to lock without hitting the mirrors or other things?

Thanks,

Mark
Honda 450x
Work hard, play harder!!
HDFlyer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #16986
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
I have a similar setup on my S10. The Calsci screen and the madstad. I don'thave any issues with full range turning. But the madstad, in my opinion, does put the shield out in front a little farther than the stock position.

If you are talking about the cat eye cutout, in my opinion I don't even notice it. It reduces the back pressure, but it suprisingly hasn't really been an issue in the rain either.
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #16987
luni
Non-artic explorer

Oddometer: 1,093
I'm 5' 11" with a 32" inseam. I describe myself as extra medium. Due to the cut outs on the side of the windscreen the handlebars have easily 2 inches of clearance at full lock. They might hit if the screen was adjusted all the way down and wall the way back, but that would be a terrible idea unless you like the idea of making a giant ramp shooting wind directly in your face.

As far as the cut out goes if you're referring to the one in the middle of the windscreen Cal Sci says it's to prevent suction on the backside of the windscreen. It sits behind my GPS and I felt for noticeable airflow coming off it and it felt like a vent, nothing substantial.

My only issue with the Cal Sci/Madstad set up is the Madstad bracket. It allows me to attach to much shit without enough structural support. But there's a simple solution for that.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #16988
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Hey Tim, are you training for your next trip to Spain?? Afer my trip to Morocco I'm fit
I think that after your Morocco "Training Session" you will be out of my league (having said that and judging from some of your photos and videos I think that you were our of my league well before that!). However, if you would like to do some riding on what you might call "Tourance Trails" like these, I'm in!

I will contact you with some dates
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #16989
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Oh, and NO sand thank you
Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #16990
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Oh, and NO sand thank you
Don't worry, I had enough sand for long...

Tese tracks are perfect to me (I'm getting older...)
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #16991
frontiercat
on the wheel

Oddometer: 1,415
Tires

Okay, I have searched, mulled over, meditated and had major brainstorm meetings in my mind about the tires I'm going to put on my Tenere.

I was really leaning towards the K60's...until I really had a great weekend of some of Oklahoma's finest curvy roads on the Battlewings...and realized how much I love running fast with it. But I also want to ride gravel, dirt, some mud and some sand...I'm still about 80/20 though.

Now the Anakee 3's are out...

I have read every thread on the web concerning the K60's and the Anakee 2's and 3's (not much on the 3's really out there obviously). It seems the K60's have a great following (I honestly don't care about how many miles the tires will get), I want to have a decent off road tire that won't let go on the pavement when wiping out the edges of the tires; there is a bit of contradiction concerning wet road handling with the K60's, too.

Now I'm asking for guidance here...crazy I know
frontiercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #16992
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker

Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontiercat View Post
Okay, I have searched, mulled over, meditated and had major brainstorm meetings in my mind about the tires I'm going to put on my Tenere.

I was really leaning towards the K60's...until I really had a great weekend of some of Oklahoma's finest curvy roads on the Battlewings...and realized how much I love running fast with it. But I also want to ride gravel, dirt, some mud and some sand...I'm still about 80/20 though.

I have read every thread on the web concerning the K60's and the Anakee 2's and 3's (not much on the 3's really out there obviously). It seems the K60's have a great following (I honestly don't care about how many miles the tires will get), I want to have a decent off road tire that won't let go on the pavement when wiping out the edges of the tires; there is a bit of contradiction concerning wet road handling with the K60's, too.

Try a FullBore M40/41 combo (Rated at above 120MPH+) if they fit your bike. Works extremely well on my 800XC 150/70-17
Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #16993
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Try a FullBore M40/41 combo (Rated at above 120MPH+) if they fit your bike. Works extremely well on my 800XC 150/70-17

Interesting... this thread discusses:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768068

Made in Korea.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #16994
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

Oddometer: 901
Cool2 Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontiercat View Post

Several of my friends have tried the Shinkos and they like them. I had K 60's put on last week for the Hillbilly Dual Sport in Arkansas and put over 400 miles of dirt and pavement on them. They handled well enough for me on the pig trail and the many twisty roads of Arkansas and Missouri. A little of the chicken strips are still there but I don't push my S10 like I would a crotch rocket. The K 60's on my Wee Strom kept me upright and no one had to wait on me. The K 60's make their money in the dirt, they do much better than than the Shinkos, ask my friends. They have ordered K 60's.

Super Tenere
KLR 650
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #16995
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayfarmer View Post
Graham.....P.M. sent

Brian
2 P.M.s Sent Brian.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote