Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #17656
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Did you replace the hard brake/clutch lines down the frame with those, or do they just tie in at both ends?

ac
I'ts all replaced with ss lines.

©
Old 05-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #17657
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-cosmic View Post
I'ts all replaced with ss lines.

©
I like. Did you eliminate the joints by the steering neck?

Mind if I ask how much it cost?

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #17658
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
There's one "T" joint there, and than two separate lines to the callipers. The price was about 250$.

©
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #17659
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,245
Page 2. OMG WTF LOL.

Surely someone has a tale of woe to tell...

Uncle_Dave?
WASP?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #17660
WestVirginia
Well spoke'n

Oddometer: 84
Wash the bike

Now that I have some miles on the bike, I thought I should now read the instruction manual. That's how men do it.

The bit about not using a car wash pressure hose to wash the bike was a surprise. According to the owner's manual, a low pressure (garden) hose and sponge is what we should use. Anybody follow this, or just use a high pressure hose?

The way I read the owner's manual, bikini bike washes are recommended by Yamaha.

WestVirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #17661
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,498
At home I just use a garden hose and bucket of car wash but lets face it on a trip when you just rode through a swarm of locusts or moths etc. you're not gonna have a bucket and garden hose so yes the car wash high pressure does the trick. Just use common sense and don't hold it an inch away from your wheel bearings, instruments, electronics etc. It's pretty easy to wash with a pressure washer and not get pressurized water driven into any important bits, just keep the nozzle a few feet away from the bike at all times.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #17662
whisperquiet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
At home I just use a garden hose and bucket of car wash but lets face it on a trip when you just rode through a swarm of locusts or moths etc. you're not gonna have a bucket and garden hose so yes the car wash high pressure does the trick. Just use common sense and don't hold it an inch away from your wheel bearings, instruments, electronics etc. It's pretty easy to wash with a pressure washer and not get pressurized water driven into any important bits, just keep the nozzle a few feet away from the bike at all times.

True-true..........but now we are going to have to debate what common sense "is".
whisperquiet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #17663
snakebitten
Small Town Hick

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperquiet View Post
True-true..........but now we are going to have to debate what common sense "is".
Well its sure to be found bountiful around here.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #17664
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,330
Just passed 1,100 miles... Damn this bike has giddy up and go!

What a fantastic machine!
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #17665
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperquiet View Post

Quote:
18th- and early 19th-century Scottish school of Thomas Reid, Adam Ferguson, Dugald Stewart, and others, who held that in the actual perception of the average, unsophisticated man, sensations are not mere ideas or subjective impressions but carry with them the belief in corresponding qualities as belonging to external objects. Such beliefs, Reid insisted, “belong to the common sense and reason of mankind”; and in matters of common sense “the learned and the unlearned, the philosopher and the day-labourer, are upon a level.”

The philosophy of common sense developed as a reaction against the skepticism of David Hume and the subjective idealism of George Berkeley, both of which seemed to issue from an excessive stress on ideas. This provided what seemed to the common sense philosophers to be a false start leading from fundamental premises to absurdities. This false start stemmed from René Descartes and John Locke inasmuch as they gave to ideas an importance that inevitably made everything else succumb to them.

From 1816 to 1870 the Scottish doctrine was adopted as the official philosophy of France; and in the 20th century the teaching of G.E. Moore, a founding father of analytic philosophy (especially in his “Defence of Common Sense,” 1925), convinced many British and American philosophers that it was not their business to question the common certainties but rather to analyze them.
SO how does this apply to S10 owners?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #17666
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 784
Only checking this thread now and then to remind myself that I own a Tenere.

Haven't seen it in almost a month. Rear rim is on backorder. Guess Pluric wasn't the only one bending wheels.
Vbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #17667
pluric
Banned

Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbird View Post
Only checking this thread now and then to remind myself that I own a Tenere.

Haven't seen it in almost a month. Rear rim is on backorder. Guess Pluric wasn't the only one bending wheels.
I've got one with a small flat spot if you really need one. If not Woody's does a full replacement
with a DID rim sealed for tubeless use for about $750. They straighten them for about $150.

Don't ask how I know.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #17668
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I've got one with a small flat spot if you really need one. If not Woody's does a full replacement
with a DID rim sealed for tubeless use for about $750. They straighten them for about $150.

Don't ask how I know.
Thanks for the offer, but mine is not bent, just beveled from the broken spoke whipping around. Yamaha (after some arm twisting) agreed to replace it but not the swing arm which I'm fine with as long as it's covered.

The first week, they had to wait on a rep from Yamaha to look at it- because "this never happens".

Going to pick it up later this week whether it's fixed or not.

If I knew it was going to take this long to get a spoke fixed, I'd bought the MS.
Vbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #17669
pluric
Banned

Oddometer: 16,362
When I lost a nipple I had to buy a full spoke set to replace it. I was lucky and
only bent the spoke while rolling the bike backward. The first wheel bend I asked the dealer
If Yamaha would help at all. Wishful thinking.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #17670
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
When I lost a nipple...

First this, then your computer gets a virus...what kinda' kinky shit are you into, Pluric?

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote