ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #18451
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestVirginia View Post
Now things are starting to make sense. I found all the cute girls Pluric was with on google. Turns out they all work for the "Make a Wish" foundation.

Sorry, just a "little" joke.
Yes, and I made their wish come true. You would be surprised how many cute young
ladies need a grandfather figure in their lives. Who knew?
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #18452
WestVirginia
Well spoke'n

Oddometer: 84
Don't mind me Pluric. The only reason I got into motorcycles is that girls will only talk to me if I'm wearing a full face helmet with tinted shield.

Haven't kept up here as I should. Did we decide if a Power Commander V was needed if the reflash was done?
Old 06-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #18453
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Don't mind me Pluric. The only reason I got into motorcycles is that girls will only talk to me if I'm wearing a full face helmet with tinted shield.

Haven't kept up here as I should. Did we decide if a Power Commander V was needed if the reflash was done?
It's all good. I just figured being from West Virginia and all a family reunion would
solve any meeting women issues.

I've only run the reflash so no comment on the combination of the two.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #18454
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,470
Quote:

If you are running a catless header and aftermarket muffler, yes, the PCV is recommended because the closed loop area is still too lean; even with the gen 2 flash.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2

tremor38 screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 03:15 PM
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #18455
Bill-66
Hencho in Kansas

Oddometer: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
How about a whole entourage! Fly the bikes to Peru, ride them a few hundred kilometers with more support rigs than motorcycles.
I have a personal friend..did the Camel Trophy..in his words.."you have no idea"..lol..they flew a pallet of trannys to the bivouac every night for the Discos..dropped in by Helicopter..he said they finally left everything off they could..and attached the tranny with half the bolts, they could change them all in a matter of a couple hours..and still get some sleep that way..some actually made it two days at a time..
Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #18456
Bill-66
Hencho in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I like how Beemer owners just consider that a part of the ownership package. Some even travel with a spare.
If there was a car that had known drive line issues it wouldn't be in my driveway.
Seen 1150 GS and RT owners do iron butts with a spare final drive..if your trying to do a thou a day..wouldn't want to wait on parts regardless of brand I s'pose..never a shaft..but could be I suppose..
Old 06-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #18457
Bill-66
Hencho in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
Damn, sound more like you were rock bashing.
Ha..see your avatar..no..just in the infancy of it..still running small axles..then built a Ranger..neat truck..Dana 35 front..

I can do a Jeep front in about 12 minutes...
Old 06-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #18458
Bill-66
Hencho in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUBRIT View Post
I have had the stumble and die issue. Happened a couple of times changing down fast coming to a stop sign and then rolling on the throttle turning right. It just died. Fired right up, but annoying. Bit dodgy if you have a car up your ass at the time. Stalled a couple of times about to pull away from a light. Now I am aware of it I keep the revs up and no issue. I do want to find the cause and cure though. It is always in the back of my mind. I have had the throttle Bodies balanced and the Air screw adjusted. I think I will be going with the Gen 2 reflash after my next trip.
Other than the above annoyance I have had no issues in 10K. I ride with my Buddy who has a 2010 GSA. 110 HP to my 105. I am lighter than he is so he does not get to pull on me. What little offroad we have been able to do down here in SFL, gravel and water crossings, we see no difference between us. There are others with far more experience on here who have had both which can give an honest comparison. Off to CO end of July so will get to compare the two in mild off road conditions (actual hills). We are off road noobs so it will be interesting to see which one is more user friendly and which builds confidence faster. From the specs comparison, weight is about the same. Rake angle on the ST is considered to be better than the GSA. Wheelbase on the ST is 2" longer so should be better balanced. The Techies will no doubt jump in now and correct or explain in more detail
Pluric will no doubt agree that an extra 2" always make s difference and makes things better
Have fun in Colorado..lived there for 20 years..LOVE IT..go back all the time..leaving next week actually..taking all three bikes!!

On your way thru Clearwater..stop and burn my house down..would ya?
it's a rental..
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #18459
TIGERRIDER007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,056
curious

I've trying to find out if the "Worldcrosser" model will ever come to the states, has anyone heard anything about this?
Just wondering if I'd have to create my own from the new white 13' and calculate all the accessories from the "Worldcrosser"....
Thanks!
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #18460
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
I've trying to find out if the "Worldcrosser" model will ever come to the states, has anyone heard anything about this?
Just wondering if I'd have to create my own from the new white 13' and calculate all the accessories from the "Worldcrosser"....
Thanks!
Stickers and a shit bash plate? Jaumev can get you better looking stickers and almost any
aftermarket supplier has a better bash plate.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #18461
TIGERRIDER007
Beastly Adventurer

thanks

Thanks Pluric,
I'm still torn between farkling out a white ST, and when it gets here, the 1190 R...

Both seem like good do-it-all bikes, of course our European brothers are finding out some of the 1190s are having some excessive heat issues...
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #18462
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Pluric,
I'm still torn between farkling out a white ST, and when it gets here, the 1190 R...

Both seem like good do-it-all bikes, of course our European brothers are finding out some of the 1190s are having some excessive heat issues...
My Stateside friend has a deposit on an 1190. He was told he wouldn't see it until October.
I haven't really followed how they are panning out because I'm not really in the market for
a Tenere replacement. I concede the KTM has the off road edge, I'll give some up there for
total piece of mind with the blue tanker.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #18463
TIGERRIDER007
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
My Stateside friend has a deposit on an 1190. He was told he wouldn't see it until October.
I haven't really followed how they are panning out because I'm not really in the market
a Tenere replacement. I concede the KTM has the off road edge, I'll give some up there for
total piece of mind with the blue tanker.
Roger that...

I understand the ST is a total package, reliability and performance on and off road. I would really like to test ride an ST that had the gen2 modification (what is that by the way?) and then a stock ST back to back.
There is always a compromise when choosing a bike...finding out the compromise is quite the challenge, especially when it comes to ego, riding style, and the wallet!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #18464
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
I would really like to test ride an ST that had the gen2 modification (what is that by the way?) and then a stock ST back to back.
How about you fly Pluric (Gen 2), myself (stocker) and our bikes to Australia.... we'll let you ride our bikes around the block then Pluric and I will do a loop of the continent while we are there!....
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #18465
TIGERRIDER007
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
How about you fly Pluric (Gen 2), myself (stocker) and our bikes to Australia.... we'll let you ride our bikes around the block then Pluric and I will do a loop of the continent while we are there!....
OR....
You both can ride to Atlanta, Georgia and I'll show you some nice motorcycle roads, deal?