Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #18707
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker78 View Post
Hi Everybody,

I just got my S10 and was thinking of putting a "Two Brothers" exhaust on it. I was hoping someone on here might have done that already. If so, I'd like to know how easy is it to put on. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but can swing a wrench with the help of clear instructions, and also, is there anything else you need to do to the bike if you do put this particular pipe on it. I haven't done the reflash as yet, but will get to that in future.

I'm not sure if there's been any info posted in here about it yet as this thread is quite long already and I didn't want to go through that many pages to get an answer.

Prepare to deafen!

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #18708
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
Greg_the_pole had a GPR sportbike slip-on and replaced it with a 2-brothers. I haven't run one on my T, but on my Hyosung GT650, the 2-bros was super loud and hooligan-ish. It ran great, and I loved it on the little naked bike; my brother rides it all over the Los Angeles area now. I have a GPR on my T now, with extended turndown tip, and the sound is great...not too loud on the bike, and great from off it.

I'd expect a lot of noise, with popping on decel, with the 2-bros on the T. They flow great, and they're semi-cheap. If that's a happy combination for you, we look forward to pics! If not, likewise...and tell us what you did instead.
Thanks Andrew.
Great info. I'll let you know what happens, I'm still on contract at the moment and won't be home for a couple months yet, so the bikes standing in my garage bone stock at the moment while I'm ordering parts to put on when I get there So far I've got a plethora of Altrider stuff but still need to get some fog lights and a pipe, then I should be good to go (for now, you know how it is).
Old 06-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #18709
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Prepare to deafen!

ac
Loud pipes save lives
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #18710
pyplinr
Ta Ta Toofey

Oddometer: 40
S10 Tires n stuff

Im headed to CO/UT from Houston on July with a new set of Mitas E07s mounted, will let you know how they do.

Did a similar trip in 2012 and completely wore out my Karoo 2s in 3000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Next august I'm planning a trip in the Alps. More or less 3000km but 500 off road.

I had the Karoo, TKC, Mitas E09, E10... but I'm lookig for someting more road oriented, 50% on / 50% off road:

Heidenau K60? I saw there is the K60 Scout, is it the same?
Other option is the Mitas E07...

Thanks!
pyplinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #18711
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyplinr View Post
Im headed to CO/UT from Houston on July with a new set of Mitas E07s mounted, will let you know how they do.

Did a similar trip in 2012 and completely wore out my Karoo 2s in 3000 miles.
Ok, thanks!
Yes, I had the same problem with Karoo2. Te Karoo2 T are a bit better but also very soft.

Yamaha Super Ténéré off road modifications: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797977
jaumev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #18712
crazyjeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Has anybody gotten worse MPG than I did yesterday? I got between 20mpg and 25mpg doing 85mph into a 25mph headwind between Fargo, ND and Bismarck, ND. I don't think my XL screen and trax cases helped either.

Still, in the same conditions and speeds, my F150 would have been doing about 13mpg.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #18713
renovator20
Funrider

Oddometer: 5
Two Brothers Exhaust on Tenere

I have the TB stainless can on my Tenere. I also had the backfiring when decellerating. The clutch mod helped decrease it some. The ECU Unleashed reflash decreased it some more. (the best farkle is the reflash!) I tried the power tip and it decreased the noise level a little bit. So... I am happy with my bike. The reflash radically changed sport mode and touring mode is comfortable to ride with.
What is the best grip warmer? Hair gloves are out of the question as I am old and ugly. That will be my next farkle before winter begins in December.
renovator20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #18714
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovator20 View Post
What is the best grip warmer? Hair gloves are out of the question as I am old and ugly. That will be my next farkle before winter begins in December.
The OEMs are pricey but easily the hottest grip heaters I've ever had.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #18715
Boyd Koehler
I'll ride anywhere.

Oddometer: 160
Keyed power source for GPS & Heated Grips

Done some searching and found a few bits of information but I thought this would work better.
Where is the best place on my Tenere that I can wire in my heated grips as well as my GPS so they power down when the key is turned off?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #18716
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Koehler View Post
Done some searching and found a few bits of information but I thought this would work better.
Where is the best place on my Tenere that I can wire in my heated grips as well as my GPS so they power down when the key is turned off?
The S10 comes with dedicated switched harnesses installed for the OEM heated grips as well as driving lights (look for connectors near the tool bag under the side panel. Could also wire up your GPS there.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #18717
Boyd Koehler
I'll ride anywhere.

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
The S10 comes with dedicated switched harnesses installed for the OEM heated grips as well as driving lights (look for connectors near the tool bag under the side panel. Could also wire up your GPS there.
Perfect. I bought the OEM heaters.

Now I’ll look for the other plugs.

Any pictures of them would be great.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #18718
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Perfect. I bought the OEM heaters.

Now I’ll look for the other plugs.

Any pictures of them would be great.
Scroll through this thread for the pics.

http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=425.15
Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #18719
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
A bunch of us have gone with the 3CS from Eastern Beaver which can be bought plug-n-play with the connector that senses key on from the aux lights connector.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bi...ha/yamaha.html

Everything can be shoehorned into the electrical area around the battery. I went with one circuit unswitched for battery charging with two left over for GPS and RD.

If you're going with the Yamaha heated grips, they plug into a dedicated connector out of the box.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #18720
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
Well, first dealer service experience,

Jury is still out, but not looking good.

Bike at shop at 8:00am for 600 run in, and install of grips, three rear bags, and wind deflectors.

7 hours later it's done. (quoted three).

I get home can't get the bags to detach from the bike by turning the release lever, so I reach up to the actual locking bar that deploys to hold the bag down. Push it in with some effort and the bag releases. But there is no way in hell one person is going to get them back on. Service tech said they were "Quite Snug Because They Were New"

At the 5 hour mark I peaked in to see how it was going. The grip parts were all splayed out on the bench with the tech checking things with a volt meter. They are on and they work but the black sheilding lacks about 2 inches from going all the way to the switch box. So there are just four little skinny wires for the first two inches coming out of the switch.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with the whole process. I will call this am and voice my concerns. But I have a feeling it won't go well.

On an up note, the top case works well!

While I was waiting, there was an older gent who was trading a 2012 Harley in on the exact same model in 2013 clothes. Said he had excessive cltch noise and vibration. The techs looked at it several times and admitted it was there. Their solution, "Turn the Radio Up. The guy is losing four grand on a bike with only 1700 miles.

I really hope I can get this worked out with out having to get to veins sticking out of the forehead level of excitement.